Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,116

get2sammyb

adf86 wrote:

It just all feels like filler in place of a couple of stories they could have posted such as a recent rumour that new details of the Medievil Remaster could be announced at PAX East along with the funny story that Randy Pitchford embarrassed himself by pleading for cross platform play to CEO Kaz Hirai's twitter, not knowing it's a parody account. Both stories could have generated just as many hits and discussions then nearly ten Far Cry 5 guides.

Discussion? Possibly yes. But unfortunately I can guarantee that traffic-wise this couldn't be further from the truth.

However I would add that we've actually expanded the team; Glen Fox is focused mainly on guides, while we've added Stephen Tailby on "traditional" editorial. Effectively this means that we can cover more than we ever have in the past, although we still need to pick our battles.

themcnoisy

To be fair the sites gone loads busy over the last year. Great stuff. I checked on Alexa the website traffic website and its in the top 29000 websites in the whole world. I dont know how accurate that is though.

In a few months Push will be that popular you can lobby Sony to get the games want on psplus!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

I can see peoples points about the guides and they do clutter a bit but I don't think that us, as the core community, are the target. If these bring in the views, bring new readers and support the team then all for it. I would prefer it then click bait articles, like you'll never believe what Hideo Kojima said now...

If I remember correctly, I think I first came to the site while looking at The Last of Us remastered articles.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Something complimentary/creepy about Mads Mikkelsen. Then an image of the two of them together in Japan with a heart shape border.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Ha I didn't know it was an article, I just know that Kojimo posted loads of photos of Mads Mikkelsen. That said, clearly click bait works I'm more than happy to write click bait for Push Square. You'll never believe what what Sammy said to Rudy... click here.

See, easy!

AdamNovice

@get2sammyb Thanks Sammy for taking my concerns onboard while explaining why certain decisions are made.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

WiiWareWave

@Get2SammyB There's an advertisement covering the help/feedback/suggestions board...I had to use the search function to get to this thread. I'm using the Wii U browser at the moment, but this hoppened the other day on my Android phone as well...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

AdamNovice

I'm noticing an issue where people I've previously ignored are still appearing in the comments. I've tried logging out and back in but nothing.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb you also cant revisit your old comments. Under your profile - then comments - it prompts you to click to view the last 50 but wont open.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

stinkyx

One of my favorite things that magazine reviews used to do is have a "Second Opinion" for the reviews by another reviewer...i.e. a small 2-4 sentence blurb after the main review with a different score (written by someone else). After all...reviews are subjective, so it would be nice to know what other staff thinks!

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Jaz007

@smelly_jr That would be awesome. I agree completely. Also, user reviews could help provide that.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic