Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,116

BAMozzy

I have mentioned about having 'user review' - more like a few sentences with their score added at the bottom. another suggestion would be to have the sites 'user' scores linked to the review. That would obviously need some way of 'updating' regularly without needing a staff member to periodically check that the 'user' score and the figure on the review actually tally.

The site itself allows us to rate games and there is a 'user' score that could be added alongside the official review. It would also be good to have a number of people who have 'scored' the game - so for example with Horizon:Zero Dawn - the Push Square score of 9 would still take primary place but underneath, you could have User score of 9.1 from 67 users. That doesn't necessary have too much additional work as that information can be pulled from the site itself. By having the number of users scores too, you get an idea of how 'balanced' that is - 9.1 from 67 users is more indicative of the overall quality and impression than just one persons '9'. With games that may be offered via PS+, the old reviews are often brought back and as games can change over time, the added user score would be more beneficial. Obviously with 'new' games, the sites reviewer has often played the game before release and so no 'user' scores are likely but over time, these add a lot more to the original review and is a good reflection of the Sites users opinion on these games.

Like I said, the tools are in place already to have users scores without adding in extra work for the staff - if those can be integrated into the review of course and updated automatically as more users score these games.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

The only problem I can forsee with user reviews is how would we differentiate between an actual user review and spam/troll posts, plus then that leaves the gate open for people spamming their YouTube channel because it's a "review". Honestly I don't mind if people want to post a little review in say a game discussion thread as long as it's not advertising a blog site or something along those lines.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki That's where the 'User' scores are used. The score is all that's needed and we have the forums for discussion on the games anyway. Its maybe not detailed or even just a summary from users but the site does have the ability to score games and that can be used on the 'review' page as a 'users score'.

I assume that 'registered' users are the ones that can score the games so its just PushSquare users score to go alongside the reviewers score. I don't see why other staff can't add their summary either at the end of a review but I guess a review score is supposed to represent PushSquare rather than the individual staff's opinion and if the staff don't 'agree' on the score, that may raise questions. They could of course score the game as a 'user' and that average score doesn't necessarily have to match the 'reviewers' score and wouldn't upset the publisher/developer. I can't imagine they would too happy if the 'official' PushSquare review was lower (say a 6/7) but another Staff member reviews the game as a 9 for example...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

@antdickens Thats the spot. I click on tap to open 50 comments and it doesnt do anything. Just kind of moves the page a centimetre to the bottom of the page and no comments are shown.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@antdickens

This is what's been happening to me on and off today here and at NL. Basically the "tap here to see comments" section isn't appearing and i have to refresh the page.

I think maybe someone else mentioned it in the article comments earlier.

Untitled

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I've had the same issue on my phone yesterday. Refreshing the page seemed to solve the issue.

Octane

themcnoisy

@antdickens all fixed cheers Ant. Sorry for the late reply.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@antdickens Nope, one in eight or ten or something like that I guess. I am on Safari on iOS. I'll let you know if it keeps happening, i wont be doing as much browsing today on my phone though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ztpayne7

@antdickens okay cool. The picture Kyle shared is exactly what I was seeing. I’m on safari on iOS. I’ll let you know if I see it again. Thanks for your hard work!

ztpayne7

BAMozzy

Is it possible to add a new Forum section just to discuss spoilers for games. I know we have a 'God of War' PS4 thread for example and we can use the 'spoiler' thing that blocks out text unless you click on it but it would be good if we had a section in the forum to discuss spoilers openly and its easier to avoid if people don't want to have games spoiled - they just avoid that whole section or at least the threads of games they haven't yet played. It also avoids the pages being full of black blocks too. Its not just God of War but a lot of Single Player games - like HZD, U4 etc could have their own thread under spoilers where people can discuss the ending and any other plot twists or things that may be considered 'spoiler'.

I think if we had a section just for spoilers, it would be excellent and a place we can go to openly discuss the games we have played without fear of spoiling it for those that haven't. Like I said, I know we can use the 'spoiler' thing to block out text but its not great when you see a page full of blacked out text.

BAMozzy

@get2sammyb Its an option but I think it would be better personally if there was a specific section in the Forums - like we have a specific section for PS4, PS3 etc. That way, these are never going to get opened unless you actively going into the spoilers sections. It could keep all games together rather than going to specific threads like PS4 and seeking out the thread directly for the game you want to talk about. It could even have games that are on PS3 - as we do have some that are on both (Uncharted 1-3 for example).

I think it makes more sense to have a specific area for spoilers - that way its kept separate from others and no-one can open it by mistake whilst browsing the the main PS4 forum for example.

JohnnyShoulder

I think having separate threads for the specific games would be OK as long as they are clearly titled as containing spoilers. If you click into by mistake, we'll that is your own fault. I don't think it warrants having another section just for spoilers.

@BAMozzy I think you should meet @get2sammyb in the middle here.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@BAMozzy I usually use the most recent posts on the main page, and if I hadn’t played say Uncharted 4 or Nier because of the section I was in, I could easily run into spoilers without meaning to it being my fault unless I I go to a lot of extra trouble to check the forum. So I agree with separate threads being made.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic