Honkai: Star Rail is a free-to-play turnbased space fantasy RPG from Genshin Impact developer HoYoverse. Available now for PS5, PC, and smartphones — with a PS4 port also planned — this gacha game sees you assembling a squad of intergalactic warriors, all of whom fulfil a different combat role. In this Honkai: Star Rail guide, we'll include everything you need to know about the game, including a full walkthrough and wiki resource.
Honkai: Star Rail Guide: Your Ultimate Walkthrough and Wiki Resource
Below is an index of our articles on Honkai: Star Rail, including key information on the game, its characters, currencies, content, lore, and more. Please note this guide is a work in progress, and we'll be updating and expanding it over time.
Banners are arguably the most important aspect of Honkai: Star Rail, as they comprise the game's core gacha system. It's through banners that you'll unlock new characters and weapons. In this area of our guide, we'll introduce all the current and upcoming banners.
Events are rotating activities in Honkai: Star Rail, ranging from story content through to minigames and more. You should always pay attention to the latest events in the game, and make sure you collect your rewards in time. In this section, we'll notify you of all current and ongoing events.
Collecting characters is one of the key activities in Honkai: Star Rail, as each unit has a unique kit of abilities which enables you to create new team compositions and take on unique challenges. In this part of our guide, we'll list all characters and explain the basics of team composition.
- All Characters
- Character Tier List and Best Characters
- How to Level Up Characters
- All Path Types Explained and Best Team Compositions
The Trailblazer represents the protagonist in Honkai: Star Rail, and thus is arguably the most important character in the game. While you'll unlock many other allies throughout your adventure aboard the Astral Express, it's extremely important to familiarise yourself with the release's hero.
While there's no shortage of things to do in Honkai: Star Rail, completing story missions and quests is where you'll spend a large chunk of your time. In this part of our guide, we'll share a full walkthrough for all missions and quests in the release.
There are a variety of game modes and features in Honkai: Star Rail, many of which serve as endgame content to help you maximise the combat proficiency of your team and provide you with additional objectives to complete. In this section, we'll explain how all of the mechanics and systems in the title work.
- All Calyx Locations and Rewards
- All Caverns of Corrosion and Rewards
- How to Complete Daily Training
- All Echoes of War Locations and Rewards
- Forgotten Hall Explained and How to Earn Stars
- Nameless Honor Explained and How to Rank Up
- All Operation Briefings and Rewards
- Simulated Universe Explained and How to Earn Points
- All Stagnant Shadows and Rewards
- Starhunt Game: All Graffiti Hidden Codes Locations
- Tales of the Fantastic: Best Teams and Protagonist Models
Unlocking characters is a core part of the Honkai: Star Rail experience, but in order to maximise your squad's combat potential, you'll also need to equip various pieces of equipment. In this area of our guide, we'll introduce the key pieces of equipment you'll need to maximise your experience in the game.
Free-to-play games are notorious for their abundance of currencies, and Honkai: Star Rail is no different. In this section, we'll introduce all the various key resources in the game, and explain their purpose and how to earn them.
- How to Get Credits
- How to Get Stellar Jade
- How to Get Star Rail Passes and Star Rail Special Passes
- How to Get Trailblaze Power
- How to Get Oneiric Shards
- How to Get Undying Embers
- How to Get Undying Starlight
In order to upgrade your characters or simply continue progressing, you'll need to utilise consumables in Honkai: Star Rail. These are key resources that you'll need to accrue and replenish over time. In this part of our guide, we'll explain how consumables are used and where to unlock them.
- How to Get Fuel
- How to Get Self-Modeling Resin
- How to Get Character EXP Materials
- How to Get Light Cone EXP Materials
- How to Get Relic EXP Materials
- How to Get Trace Materials
You'll stumble upon a number of different collectibles while exploring the world of Honkai: Star Rail, and while these are generally optional, you'll be rewarded with in-game achievements and sometimes even Trophies for discovering them all. For this part of our guide, we'll outline the locations of various different collectibles in the game.
- All Herta Puppets in the Space Station Locations
- All Wanted Posters of the Express Crew in Belobog Locations
Throughout the various worlds of Honkai: Star Rail, you'll discover treasure chests which contain useful resources. In this area, we're going to show you the locations of all the treasure chests in the game.
- All Treasure Chest Locations
- All Herta Space Station Treasure Chest Locations
- All Jarilo-VI Treasure Chest Locations
- All The Xianzhou Luofu Treasure Chest Locations
Redemption codes can be entered into Honkai: Star Rail to unlock meaningful rewards. In this chapter of our guide, we're going to share with you all the latest available redemption codes and how to redeem them.
Tips and Tricks
While our Honkai: Star Rail game is as comprehensive as possible, you may still have some lingering questions about the release. For this final part of our guide, we're going to answer any remaining FAQs you may have.
Did you find our Honkai: Star Rail guide useful? Let us know in the comments section below, and be sure to share any other tips and tricks while you're there.