Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy Fires onto PS Vita in July

Qwark red handed

In an announcement about as predictable as an Insomniac Games title with wacky weapons, the Burbank-based developer has confirmed that the Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy is coming to the PlayStation Vita soon. While there’s no word on a North American launch just yet, the release promises to make Europe crease on 2nd July. Unsurprisingly, that’s the exact same date that leaked on an Italian website earlier in the year.

“Since the HD trilogy was released [on the PlayStation 3], one of the biggest requests from many of you was for a version of the Trilogy to come to the Vita,” community manager James Stevenson wrote on the PlayStation Blog. “We’ve heard you loud and clear, and thanks to Sony and Mass Media, the Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy will be something that you can play on the go [in the near future].”

Mass Media was also responsible for the slightly wonky portable port of the Jak & Daxter Collection, but Stevenson reckons that this iteration of Sony’s other daring double-act's escapades is shaping up very nicely. “It looks amazing and is a terrific way to play the classic Ratchet & Clank adventures,” he beamed. “We can’t wait for you to get your hands on it and take Ratchet with you wherever you may go.”

This was definitely a looker on the Japanese giant’s home console, so we’re certainly hoping that it survives the transition with its luscious vistas intact. There’s no word on cross-buy just yet, but seeing as the God of War Collection and the Sly Trilogy took advantage of the popular model, we’d be surprised if this release didn’t follow suit. Are you looking forward to banging your head against that boss fight with Chairman Drek one more time? Groan in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

It will obviously come here to the states, but i'm hoping there will be a cross buy feature since i bought the ps3 version digitally.

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

Mass Media? Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy? The fact that Sony is working with them again says it all in regards to quailty & care of PS Vita ports. So now we likely have Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy - Part Two: The Disaster.

Another port = PortStation Vita = Sony lied about controlling ports on Vita.

Boggles the mind that old ports get a physical version while Soul Sacrifice Delta is just left as digital download only.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Sony should quiet the handheld market pronto... This news isn't going to spark sales.... Quiet the vita and ps3 development.. Do one console ;)

@Punished_Boss In their defence, Jak & Daxter was probably an incredibly difficult port due to the way that Naughty Dog originally programmed them.

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

@get2sammyb I hope this is a good port I really like this game. Jak and dexter trilogy on vita was ok I beat the first on vita and the second one the vehicles on the on vita were hard to control and the framerate dropped when driving around

adf86

adf86 said:

It's worth mentioning that Mass Media did the Jak port for PS3 as well (and did a great job) I think the trouble with the Vita ports was that the Jak games were virtually open world games with next to no load times. It must have been a nightmare for them to try to get all that onto Vita. If memory serves, I don't think the Ratchet games were like that.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

Nobody seems to have pointed out that calling these games "HD" when they're on the Vita is kind of misleading. As beautiful as that OLED screen is, I'm sorry, it's not HD. This, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Cel Damage HD, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, etc. Just stop calling them something that they're not.

I've got no issue with this collection being brought to the Vita, but don't put 'HD' in the title. Call it Ratchet & Clank Collection or Trilogy or Remaster or something that's actually accurate.

ShockeyRai

ShockeyRai said:

I'd totally buy a Playstation Vita for this, There's no way i'd turn down taking the first 3 Ratchet & Clank games on the go with me.

iDangerMouse_

iDangerMouse_ said:

If I had a Vita, Sly Cooper Collection and this, I'd be insanely happy! PS Vita would rarely be out of my hands!

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

I wish they would port cod 4 modern warfare. It is only 8gb, I wish there was something to play online with on Vita.

danny2kd

danny2kd said:

Turns out it's qHD or something like that, quarter HD but on the screen size and distance from your face its pretty much full HD

jmburks

jmburks said:

I think this is great! I was really happy when they brought sly cooper to the vita so this is awesome!

DHW

DHW said:

I really hope Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal has online MP in this version.

Even then this is an immediate pre-order for me. FINALLY, Ratchet & Clank on my PS Vita that isn't Size Matters or that god awful port of Q-Force. Even if this game shares Jak and Daxter's framerate (Which I doubt it will), It'd still be better than Q-Force on Vita. That was like 5fps at times like no thanks