Uncharted PS4 the Focus of Naughty Dog's Efforts Right Now

Small team porting Joel and Ellie's escapade

How many Naughty Dog employees does it take to port The Last of Us to the PlayStation 4? The studio’s not going into specifics, but it has stressed that the “lion’s share” of its workforce is focusing on Uncharted PS4, with a small team dedicated to overhauling last year’s survival horror epic for Sony’s new machine.

The snippet was revealed as part of an interview with PlayStation Access, in which co-president Evan Wells and game director Bruce Straley also revealed that development on the port started shortly after the firm shipped the PlayStation 3 version last year. “We weren’t sure whether it was going to go anywhere,” said Wells. “When we saw the fans clamouring for it, though, we started to double down.”

As announced earlier today, the re-release will boast improved character models, enhanced lighting, better shadows, and some unannounced gameplay tweaks. Moreover, creative director Neil Druckmann has confirmed on Twitter that the studio’s targeting 60 frames-per-second, which should go hand-in-hand with the upgrade's new native 1080p resolution. In other words, the game’s going to look impossibly pretty.

[via youtube.com]

divinelite

divinelite said:

Excited by this
But really I have problem with 60$... Might as well wait till price drop then

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

just recently picked up the three PS3 Uncharted games. I have heard great things but am just now getting around to them.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

I don't know which is better news. The fact that Naughty Dog is rebuilding the PS4 version in stead of some third party, or that UC4 is in the works.

Remixora

Remixora said:

Is this the first Uncharted game they are releasing or a totally new one?

N711

N711 said:

@Remixora I think they were talking about Uncharted 4 though there also rumours abour uncharted trilogy remastered. I also think some of last of us team are already 'thinking' about the next last of us game as they said before (its not like they need to think about tha last of us story and setting etc )

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

It should of gone like this -
Crash - PS1
Jak - PS2
Uncharted - PS3
TLoU - PS4
I love Uncharted games but think they should of done something New for the PS4. But still can't wait for U4 :P & i am sure TLoU2 for PS4(OH MY GOD!) :P

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I never played an Uncharted game before since I didn't own a PS3. I hope it's not required to fully enjoy this game.

chess227

chess227 said:

@Toddler_Naruto I did just this. In one week I got a used ps4 and a used ps3 from amazon warehouse deals. Picked up several older ps3 titles I never got to play on the xbox 360 and have loved them all. Makes me feel like I chose the wrong system last generation when I skipped the ps3 for the 360. I'll probably never go back to Microsoft now. Love these exclusives for the ps3 and cannot wait for more on the ps 4