Rumour: DriveClub Will Be Revving Its Engines on February 28th

Posted by Kell Andersen

Join the club

The insanity of the Christmas season has finally subsided, which means that it's the perfect time to start up the old rumour mill again. On the agenda today is gorgeous PlayStation 4 exclusive DriveClub. The racer's release was originally scheduled to coincide with the next-gen system's launch, but was delayed until early 2014 to allow for a more polished experience. Apart from that one solitary morsel of information, though, the game's actual release date has remained decidedly nebulous.

However, British retailer ShopTo has recently listed the game for 28th February. What's more, the outlet's so confident in that date that it's willing to offer you £5 ($8) if you don't receive the title on the specified day. Obviously this news is best taken with a heaped teaspoonful of salt, but it does seem like a particularly savvy time to launch the racing sim. With inFAMOUS: Second Son set to explode in March, a February release would mean that the PS4 has a strong and consistent lineup throughout the first quarter of 2014. What do you make of this tasty rumour? Drive recklessly in the comments section below.

[via shopto.net, gamingbolt.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I hope it's true, because I'll be getting my PS4 around that time and I'd like to play DriveClub soon after I got it.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

It's a japanese launch title right. The Japanese PS4 launch is Feb 22 right. I think I think it'll come out on the 21 or 17 depending if it's a Tuesday or Friday release. I think the 28th is just too late to be the release date.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

So, is still going to be one of the offerings on PS Plus when it comes out? I'd like to play it, but I'm not really big on realistic racing sims, so there's no way I'm paying $60 for it.

Cyrso

Cyrso said:

^ But keep in mind the PS+ Edition obviously doesn't have all the content.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

Good news! I've been playing Forza 5 quite a bit but it lacks a lot.. Hopefully drive club is much better.