The Order: 1886 Screenshots Shine a Light on PS4's Power

Materialistic world

Despite being announced several months ago, we still haven’t really seen much of upcoming PlayStation 4 gloom-‘em-up The Order: 1886. Revealed way back at E3 in June, the release has been subject to platform holder Sony’s newly discovered caginess, which has resulted in virtually the entirety of its next generation portfolio being kept under wraps.

Fortunately, the fine folks over at Game Informer managed to step into a time machine and spend a few fleeting moments in Ready at Dawn’s picturesque re-imagining of Victorian London. As part of an ongoing cover story, the publication has managed to lay its lace mitts on a handful of exclusive screenshots, showcasing the macabre excursion’s moody aesthetic.

The game’s clearly still early, but some of the lighting and environmental detail is astounding. We’re particularly impressed with the cloth physics in some of the images, as it bends and wraps itself around objects depending on what the character’s doing. Is this title on your antique compass, or would you rather rip it from the release schedule like an era-appropriate serial killer? Light a candle in the comments section below.

[via gameinformer.com]

ZeD

ZeD said:

Along with Infamous, this is another one I am looking forward too.

Scorpio73

Scorpio73 said:

This was the very first PS4 game I put pre-order money on. I'm very stoked for this one and I hope we hear of a release date sometime in the near future.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Cowboysfan-22 wdym? You're sick of MGS4-Uncharted-Downpour mashups featuring flashlights, boarded-up windows, taking cover and shooting from behind stuff, crafting prolly, crossbows, ancient evil and cloaks? Already?
This game has potential, tho. I'm sure there's a lot more too it than just being a survival horror title from this decade.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Ps it better not be letterbox this entire next gen. Beyond is an interactive movie, so in that context it makes sense to be more movie-theater-y, but please please don't make me buy a 32:9 tv just to avoid the black bars!

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

Even though I'm not a huge fan of over-the-shoulder games I'll probably still get it because the story has a lot of potential. Plus it looks ridiculously awesome

cherrypoppa

cherrypoppa said:

@get2sammyb It would be really cool if Ready at dawn lets us build weapons like Dead space 3(one of the few things that game did right haha) but yes like what i've seen and the little I've heard, this game I will buy