Killzone: Shadow Fall Furthers the Fight with Co-Op Multiplayer Mode

Shooter expands with Season Pass

Guerrilla Games knows that it’s got a fight on its hands against Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts – but it’s not afraid to spill a bit of blood to earn the PlayStation 4's first-person shooter crown. Not content with confirming that all future competitive multiplayer map packs will be free in Killzone: Shadow Fall, the Dutch developer has also announced that it will have a paid post-release content plan for the next generation launch title, too.

You’ll be able to save money on the first six packs in the studio’s content schedule by purchasing a Season Pass alongside your copy of the game. This will cost you £15.99/$19.99, and will augment you with access to a brand new co-op mode that will find you joining forces with up to the three other friends. “Fight waves upon waves of enemies in four new arena maps, featuring a unique levelling system and new unlocks,” explained Poria Torkan on the PlayStation Blog.

The release day membership will also reward you with access to three further co-op packs – each boasting two brand-new arena maps – and a further two multiplayer expansions that are being kept under wraps. Put it all together, and we reckon that you’ll be pumping bullets into the Helghast for a long, long time. That’s not all, though: if you buy the Season Pass on launch day, you’ll nab an exclusive OWL combat drone skin and multiplayer spotlight move. Phew.

Do you intend to stump up for all of the add-on packs? Let us know in the comments section and poll below.

Will you purchase Killzone: Shadow Fall's Season Pass? (23 votes)

Yes, not even the Helghast could stop me

52%

Maybe, I want to know a little more first

26%

No, I'll just stick to the vanilla title for now

22%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

Yes, co-op Killzone! I can see this game garnering a very strong online community — Guerrilla's definitely making all of the right moves. Also: dat chirp.

ZeD

ZeD said:

Hopefully this will be at eurogamer. Would be fun to have a go!

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Yessssss 4 player co-op. This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to see. I guess that means I'll be grabbing the season pass...

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@PMasterTy9 rofl
A curious phrase, as some of us have more to invest than others before the depth can be described as such. I think I'll just dip the tip anyhow and only buy vanilla at first. It'll be better to switch it up later on, in any case ; )

banacheck

banacheck said:

Yes, not even the Helghast could stop me

I cannot wait for my PS4 it's so close now i can almost taste it, with my copy of Killzone4/Watch Dogs.

I love Killzone, i own Killzone (digital), Killzone2 & Killzone3, so i'll own the whole series with Killzone4. Like i do with Metal Gear Sold, DMC, God of War, Hitman, Dead Space, most of the GTA series you get the point. I'm glad thay've added co-op sounds smart, as i love them survival modes.Cannot wait for Killzone4.

Oh i forgot Liberation on the PSP also, Metal Gear Aicd too if you count these.

Snkfiend

Snkfiend said:

I like Killzone too but sadly Battlefield series always win me over, and I'm no FPS fanatic but down the line I will pick this great title up because I love me some COOP.

PMasterTy9

PMasterTy9 said:

@charlesnarles I was being somewhat funny but $19.99 is not a bad deal and I am sure it will be worth it. If the pass was $29.99 or more then I would probably pass on it for now. Plus I already have Killzone on pre-order.

banacheck

banacheck said:

@get2sammyb
I don't own the PSVita yet but i'm planning to pick one-up sometime in 2014, i've also been downloading the PS+ titles for the PSVita also. But Mercenary will probably be one of the first PSVita games i get it looks really good.

I forgot to add, one of the reasons i got a DS was because of GTA Chinatown Wars excellent game. Metal Gear Acid was also an excellent game, but it's more of a turned based Metal Gear with cards. If i really like a game i like to collect the series, is Mercenary part of the main story like on the PS3 version?

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

@banacheck Same timeframe as the other killzones have not completed SP on merc but great game so far the money incentives is half the reason I have not finished it.......I need my assassin bonus and my 500 bucks ;) even when it cost me a couple of thousand in health insurance

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Wait, so is this co-op is just waves of enemies like CoD Zombies or Killing Floor? That's disappointing. Is there going to be any campaign co-op at all? I'd still like to know if there's any local multiplayer in Shadowfall, especially for the campaign. I haven't seen anything officially confirming or denying that. I loved playing through Killzone 3's campaign with my friends and I wish two people were able to play online multiplayer together on the same console. Halo did it years ago, why not Killzone?