Far Cry 3 Hang Glides into EU PS Plus Instant Game Collection

Dragon's Dogma, Street Fighter X Tekken, and more join the party

We’re approaching the end of the month, and that means that Sony’s pulled back the curtain on yet another frankly insane European PlayStation Plus update. Starting from 25th September, you’ll be able to download Ubisoft’s tropical first-person shooter Far Cry 3 for free. The game puts you in the shoes of Jason Brody, a party animal stranded on a lawless island infested with, well, real animals.

Premium members will also unlock access to Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and April's Game of the Month winner Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for the PlayStation 3. Over in handheld land, goodies will include crossover brawler Street Fighter X Tekken and likeable PlayStation Vita launch title Touch My Katamari. That’s all in addition to the usual roster of discounts, including some big savings on various Team 17 titles.

Of course, with each new arrival we must bid farewell to a former freebie, so if you haven’t downloaded Assassin’s Creed III, Saints Row: The Third, Payday: The Heist, Urban Trial Freestyle, or New Little Kings Story yet, you know what you need to do. It’s worth noting that Sony’s currently running a PlayStation Plus promotion in Europe, which sees you net 15 months of service for the price of 12 months. With the PlayStation 4 right around the corner, there’s never been a better time to subscribe.

Are you happy with October’s lineup? Which titles in particular are tickling your fancy? Let us know in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in October? (13 votes)

Far Cry 3

38%

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

31%

Street Fighter X Tekken

15%

Touch My Katamari

15%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Slightly annoyed as I recently bought and Platinumed Farcry 3. Oh well, Dragon's Dogma and Street Fighter x Tekken more than make up for it. Giana and Katamari though? Nice to add variety into it but neither are exactly gonna get people to invest in PS+. I thought they'd go full hog this month to convince anyone getting a PS4 that its an exceptional deal. Maybe the November up date will be that one.

Oh, when PS4 is out will I be able to get the games on PS+? I won't be getting the machine for at least a year but can I claim the games as they come out each month and then just download them when I have the console? Sure someone on here said they were doing that with Vita. Anyone know?

Epic

Epic said:

Come on Sony please give NA something good next month. :/

@rastamadeus I think the other three strong titles are more than enough to get people to invest. I don't know, I think this is a really good lineup.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@rastamadeus Yeah I did the same thing with the Vita for a few months so I had a nice stack of titles to play through from PS+ as soon as I bought a Vita. Im sure you'd be able to do the same thing with the Ps4, well I hope so :P I use the Playstation store website so when I 'purchase' it just drops into my download list so I dont need to be on the Vita or Ps3 and it shows you all games for each system.

Im actually looking forward to Touch my Katamari the most, even more than Far Cry 3. Ive been considering a purchase for a few weeks now. Ive no idea why, but it intrigues me lol

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@get2sammyb Don't get me wrong they're games I want - Giana especially - but I just thought with it being so close to PS4 there would be five huge games to say, "Yeah, this is what we do." Keep the momentum going. For example, Farcry 3, Dragon's Dogma, Heavy Rain, Street Fighter x Tekken and LittleBigPlanet Vita. Bosh, people are sold.

@MadchesterManc A mate has it on Vita and its nothing brilliant. Under a fiver (or free, like next week) would be great though. Although if you've never played a game in the series before it will probably be great. I'll still be getting it, mind. Love me a bit of Katamari, even when it's not on form. Farcry is amazing. Sucked my week off gone in a heartbeat a few weeks back.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Wonderful update, i wanted at least 3 titles of the ones selected.
But, you know...GTA V.
I'll play them when my kid's 18.
He's 10 Months, now.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

@rastamadeus Is heavy rain downloadable?? Finally getting an uncapped dsl line Yippeee now to catch up on 8 months worth of PS+ :) Very worthwhile service but keep asking myself how is this sustainable?????????

RawShark

RawShark said:

Have to admit I did a facepalm when I saw the line-up as I'd picked up Far Cry 3 in a Xbox Live sale a little while back. I was foolish to do so as I don't even have a physical copy to sell on now... Still haven't even had time to start it up either! The other content looks pretty good though, so can't grumble really. It does make me think I need to just STOP BUYING GAMES YOU IDIOT!!!!

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Hellz yez! Both Far Cry 3 and Dragon's Dogma are games I haven't played yet and am very interested in! Sweet! Just have to say it again: the value for PS+ is insane!