Killzone: Mercenary Steps Outside of Grand Theft Auto V's Shadow

Sony moves release date forwards

Launching alongside Grand Theft Auto V was never going to do Killzone: Mercenary any favours – and Sony has acknowledged that by moving the PlayStation Vita exclusive’s release date forwards. The title will now deploy on 4th September in Europe and 10th September in North America. It makes a change for Europe to come first.

Those of you that pre-order the game in either region will be able to snag the Blackjack’s Briefcase, which includes an XP multiplier and an in-game cash boost. If you happen to register your interest at GameStop in North America, you’ll also net the M224-A1 Light Machine Gun, which will be compatible with both the single player and multiplayer components of the game.

There’s a new trailer embedded below – but you may have already seen it. Either way, let us know if this title is on your hit list in the comments section. It certainly looks the part, doesn’t it?

[via blog.us.playstation.com, blog.eu.playstation.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I plan on preordering Mercenary in August. The M224-A1 Light Machine Gun sounds too good to pass up, although I have grown to love the M82 Assault Rifles green holo sight. So it might take some getting used to.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Isn't this the video i have found?:P Sometime ago. Guess you're right sammy this video was not meant to be released this early. Is it me or is the framerate improved?
Same like the reall batman i want the M224-A1 Light Machine Gun

Savino

Savino said:

Smart move, Sony!!
I probably would bougth both, but my wallets thanks!!

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Yeah good move. I'm not sure if I'll preorder yet though... Hopefully there will be some early reviews.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Have it pre-ordered and can't wait. Not really sure this move will do much for sales but I like that it's now releasing a little earlier than expected.