Final Fantasy X HD Sure Looks Snazzy on PlayStation Vita

Tidus waves

After a prolonged hiatus spanning almost a year, Square Enix has finally revealed the first footage of Final Fantasy X HD for PlayStation Vita. During a surprise press conference overnight, the publisher apologised for the game’s delay, and promised that a release date for the hotly anticipated PlayStation 2 remaster would be announced soon.

The trailer primarily focuses on the character models from the title, but they do look particularly pretty, don’t they? The game is also scheduled to release on PlayStation 3, but there was no mention of that version during the live stream. If the launch date isn’t far away, we suspect that we’ll get more firm details soon.

[via youtube.com, famitsu.com]

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

great i love FFX the last of the traditional Final Fantasy's this what they need to go back to this type of game

not that the ones after 10 were bad but they just didn't have Final Fantasy "soul" and also no more main number FF's as MMO's make them spin offs or something

also gonna get this on PS Vita and PS3 ^_^

divinelite

divinelite said:

Have just view from mobile, but I think they could make it better. Is it just me or its not as good as mgs hd.?

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

day 1 purchase for me...now if only i could add final fantasy type-o english to my psp or vita collection...

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Majin-Naruto Agree completely. What's funny is not only was this the last really good FF, but X-2 was the worst one, by far. I don't replay a lot of games as life is short but I might make an exception for Wakka.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Trust Square Enix to come out with this then show virtually nothing. I bet it never gets a release date either!

hydeks

hydeks said:

the last great FF game (in my opinion), I'll be definitely getting it whenever they release it :P

fishwilson

fishwilson said:

I got sort of obsessed with FFX-2, and I played it for a ridiculous amount of time, even more than I spent with FFX which I actually don't remember too well, I remember Blitzball though...Nice to have it on the Vita so I can play it again.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Zenith Was a canny move by Nintendo buying Monolith wasn't it? They are almost single-handedly looking like the future of JRPGs.

Never played FFX bar a go on the space ball sports game thing so will hopefully get this of and when it is released. Heard nothing but positives about yhe original. Although if anybody can mess it up it's Square Enix.

Also, when did Sony start doing Nintendo Directs?

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Finally, yay! FFX has my favorite chsracters; I like games where you're supposed to think the protagonist is a wiener at first (mgs2, far cry 3). Vita needed a classic rpg experience and I'm stoked its 10

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rastamadeusSince when is monosoft the saving grace of the JRPG? NI NO KUNI has given the anwer. Level 5 is the best creator of JRPG.

PS stop the fanboyism... I do not get why people who love Nintendo come over and troll. I have a Wii U and a 3ds but i prefer playstation, because of that reason i like playstation more i am not going to troll Ninty fans. It is a shame that many are diffirent/