The Walking Dead Now Has Two Competing Video Games

People love zombies

Activision’s clearly been paying close attention to Telltale’s success with its episodic The Walking Dead series, as it’s just announced a spin-off of its own called the, er, well, The Walking Dead. The Terminal Reality developed first-person shooter will put you in the shoes of Daryl Dixon, and see you travelling to Atlanta with your brother Merle. Those are some great names by the way.

According to an exclusive IGN preview of the title, the game will allow you to use stealth to avoid the undead. It also sounds like there’ll be plenty of item management. A proper survival horror game, then, despite the first-person perspective.

There’s a teaser trailer embedded below. The game’s due out next year. Naturally, we're looking forward to the announcement of EA's inevitable The Walking Dead title next.

[via ign.com]

Splat

Splat said:

The main reason I like Telltale’s version is because it is story driven and it isn't another generic FPS. I don't have high hopes for this game, but Daryl is my favorite character from the show so it has that working for them.

I'm still interested, but I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

@Splat It sounds like the developer's taking a survival horror approach from the IGN report, but whether it actually, ahem, sticks to its guns, remains to be seen.

Splat

Splat said:

@get2sammyb - Don't get me wrong I hope it rocks! A great survival horror would be awesome. That said I wish it was 3rd person, I never feel any connection to the main character in FP games.

Magi

Magi said:

I'll never get sick of zombies.

NEEEEEEEVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Savino

Savino said:

People are bashing the game without knowing what is all about!!!

It´s the tale of Daryl and his brother before they met the group... you can´t go wrong with the story even if it´s more shooting zombies than anything else.

Waiting for more info! (while Zombi U doesnt came out)