PSone Compatibility Imminent on Vita

Buzzing

Clever Vita owners have managed to get a first glimpse at how legacy PSone software will be presented on Sony’s new handheld. NeoGAF users discovered that this week’s PSone Classic, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, could be copied to the shiny new system without an error.

While the game itself doesn’t run on Vita, the content does boast a custom LiveArea screen reminiscent of an original PlayStation's disc tray. It indicates that compatibility is closer to completion than we originally assumed.

Not long to wait now.

[via neogaf.com]

Magi

Magi said:

Nothing else to be said but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

So this makes me wonder why Sony haven't just implemented this feature already. Why wait?

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

doesn't this kind of suggest that they have to go back and change something in every single already released ps1 classic if a new ps1 classic can do something the others can't?
I'm also very curious to see if the free PS+ PS1 classics are going to work when they finally launch this or if they'll fall prey to the same oversight.

Savino

Savino said:

Its about time, sony.
It should be on since day one!

Now, go work on ps2 compatibility and remote play.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I'm guessing the delay has been for them to further extend their efforts to prevent another hacking break through. Regardless, I can't wait to play Legend of Dragoon and Future Cop L.A.P.D. on my Vita! :D

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Can't wait for when the fully implement this feature. I already have Mega Man 2 and Crash Bandicoot on my PS3.

Kimiko

Kimiko said:

Good news for sure. The PS1 had so many great RPGs :)
Now if only Nintendo would do the same for the SNES..

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@get2sammyb

I suppose but... Sony do this all the time with console features, I just always wonder why they weren't ready in time for launch. Surely the lack of PSOne classics would have put a few negatives on people's impressions of Vita. To me it's just another feature that should have been there since day one, not implemented almost 2 months later with no real excuse.

Then again, just be happy it's coming I suppose!

Yankeejer

Yankeejer said:

I am looking forward to this coming. I am kind of in doubt that it will happen. I had originally expected it would come much closer to the launch of the Vita. But I sold my old PSP trusting that this would be a source for me to play the old PS1's