Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 121 to 140 of 381

TOMBOY25

im pretty sure it was confirmed 20 is the max you can continue to level up but doing so only gives you "emotes of light" a currency in-game for rare items from the speaker.

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25

here we go
"Bungie has a lot to prove with Destiny, and the news that player progress in the upcoming shooter will be capped at level 20 wasn't met with enthusiasm. In existing MMOs hitting the level cap usually means the game is about to get boring, after all.
There is an explanation for the low cap, however. In Destiny, a new breed of MMO that could kickstart the genre for the next generation of games, the idea is that players will hit the highest level quickly so that their friends are never too far ahead.
After that point, progression is meant to be "horizontal" - you'll seek out better equipment and try out different builds without actually leveling up.
No matter what kind of fancy labels Bungie slaps on Destiny, the truth is that it really is an MMO. And these changes to genre conventions could mark a paradigm shift as more and more new Xbox One and PS4 games begin to borrow various aspects from the massively multiplayer.
But Bungie Head of Community Eric Osborne told TechRadar at E3 2014 that there's more to Destiny's end-game content than that. "In Destiny, when you complete the campaign, you're really just getting started," he said.

There's more to read if you want.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming … s--1254317

Edited on by TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

Scollurio
TOMBOY25

here we go
"Bungie has a lot to prove with Destiny, and the news that player progress in the upcoming shooter will be capped at level 20 wasn't met with enthusiasm. In existing MMOs hitting the level cap usually means the game is about to get boring, after all.
There is an explanation for the low cap, however. In Destiny, a new breed of MMO that could kickstart the genre for the next generation of games, the idea is that players will hit the highest level quickly so that their friends are never too far ahead.
After that point, progression is meant to be "horizontal" - you'll seek out better equipment and try out different builds without actually leveling up.
No matter what kind of fancy labels Bungie slaps on Destiny, the truth is that it really is an MMO. And these changes to genre conventions could mark a paradigm shift as more and more new Xbox One and PS4 games begin to borrow various aspects from the massively multiplayer.
But Bungie Head of Community Eric Osborne told TechRadar at E3 2014 that there's more to Destiny's end-game content than that. "In Destiny, when you complete the campaign, you're really just getting started," he said.

There's more to read if you want.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming … s--1254317

I really have to see this ingame to be able to judge it's ramifications.
So far its all but PR talk. I do trust in Bungie though, more than most other studios,
so, like I said, I (totally) enjoy it for what it is and will wait and see!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

SuperSilverback

If I play a game where you level up, and you reach the cap, I get real bored after that. I like the feel of progression that you get from gaining levels.

Dont know what to think about this. Sure you can upgrade your weapons/armour & skills, but I really love the feeling I get when LEVEL UP pops up on the screen haha

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

ShogunRok

For a game like this, the cap was never gonna be huge - it wouldn't work, especially with a large emphasis on co-op/competitive multiplayer. Like a lot of MMOs, the focus is more on equipment, and that's what'll make up the endgame.

I guess Bungie just wants to keep it focused. Hopefully there's enough loot and class variation to keep you playing for a long time. The only thing that worries me at this point is a lack of locations/content at those locations. If there are only about four different explorable areas (Old Earth, the Moon, Venus, Mars) then people aren't going to be happy.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Tasuki

@ShogunRok:  Man you summed it up perfectly.  I can say as along time MMO player level caps are nothing its all about stuff to do after getting that level cap.  I mean even in World of Warcraft even once you hit the max level there is still plenty of stuff to do, even weapon an item upgrades.  A maxed level character with the best gear in the game plays alot different then a maxed level character without the best gear.

As long as Bungie has plenty of stuff for us to do once we hit max level whether its 20, 50 or 100 I don't see a problem with say a level 20 level cap.  I mean I can do PvP stuff still, craft weapons and just go on loot runs for example.  Just cause you maxed your level doesn't mean the game is over.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Bread-Not-Toast

I might have to have a look at this, I don't really know much about :/

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

Punished_Boss_84

Warlock maxed out, moving onto the next two. PVP Is certainly wild.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

banacheck

I'm surprised no one has commented on this personally it's put me off, I am usually online at different times to some of my friends on my friends list, so i'll be unable to play part of the game Raids.

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny's 6-player Raids will only be playable with people on your friends list, as there will be no option available for matchmaking with strangers. The thinking behind this, is that it'll encourage players to carefully communicate and co-operate, planning and enjoying these more challenging missions with their friends. Raids will form part of Destiny's experience later into the game, with some lasting for an hour or two. They'll be "one of the pillars of the game", according to Bungie.

banacheck

Tasuki
banacheck

I'm surprised no one has commented on this personally it's put me off, I am usually online at different times to some of my friends on my friends list, so i'll be unable to play part of the game Raids.

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny's 6-player Raids will only be playable with people on your friends list, as there will be no option available for matchmaking with strangers. The thinking behind this, is that it'll encourage players to carefully communicate and co-operate, planning and enjoying these more challenging missions with their friends. Raids will form part of Destiny's experience later into the game, with some lasting for an hour or two. They'll be "one of the pillars of the game", according to Bungie.

Honesly I dont see where that is a problem.  You can schedule a date before hand to have everyone online at the same time to tackle a raid.  For example Sunday Nights 9pm to Midnight or something along those lines.  Guilds have been doing that for  years in other MMOS.

My Backlog

Punished_Boss_84
banacheck

Oh no. I have to get six of my online friends to play at the same time, with the same game, for hours on end... This isn't helping my lowered hype for the game. 1 month left. I have no headset, this can be a barrier to a huge amount of people who would rather to play with strangers in silence just enjoying the game not cringeworthy dialogue with friends. Forcing isn't good.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

banacheck
Tasuki
banacheck

I'm surprised no one has commented on this personally it's put me off, I am usually online at different times to friends on my friends list, so i'll be unable to play part of the game Raids.

Honesly I dont see where that is a problem.  You can schedule a date before hand to have everyone online at the same time to tackle a raid.  For example Sunday Nights 9pm to Midnight or something along those lines.  Guilds have been doing that for  years in other MMOS.

Schedule to play a game you payed for, towards a game you should be able to play anytime you wish with or without friends, no thanks.

banacheck

Tasuki
banacheck
Tasuki
banacheck

I'm surprised no one has commented on this personally it's put me off, I am usually online at different times to friends on my friends list, so i'll be unable to play part of the game Raids.

Schedule to play a game you payed for, towards a game you should be able to play anytime you wish with or without friends, no thanks.

Wow you are acting like raiding is all that there is to do.  There is a ton of other things that you can do if you dont have friends on for the time being.  I am not sure what you are getting at but this is not a problem like I said MMOs have been doing this for years.

My Backlog

ZeD
banacheck
Tasuki
banacheck

This is what raiding is all about.  You need to know the people you are playing with as it is all about team work!  Or (as in my friends early WoW days) make new friends and have a blast!

Plus like Tasuki said, there is plenty to do.  Rememeber this is not you bog standard FPS!  It is a MMORPGFS OMG BBQ

Also, PLEASE PLEASE set up a forum for meet ups.  It is needed for this game!! And Plant Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

We can just slap our PSN ID's on this thread from day one onwards perhaps or just set up a new topic as when needed at launch...

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

Tasuki

@ZeD:  That's a great idea so I went ahead and set one up and it is in fact sticked at the top of the online section of the forums. 

This thread will be for the purpose of just discussing the game in general.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So I am going to post my thoughts on the whole Raid with friends only bit.  Some of you will see the same thing in the news article but I just wanted to post my thoughts here in case you missed it in the article.

Wow I can tell consoles gamers from PC gamers big time with this decision. If this had been a PC game no one would be complaining, PC games have been doing this for years with MMOS, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Lord of the Rings Online just to name a few. I don't understand why people are so upset yeah you need people on your friend list but does it have to be people you actually know? Just keep you eyes on sites like Pushsquare or other game forums or heck even the Destiny forums themselves. YOu will see a bunch of "guild" recruitment threads pop up.
I have been playing World of Warcraft for years and honestly I don't know any of my guild members in RL but I have grown pretty close to some of them to consider them some of my closest friends. Heck I didn't know any of you on Pushsquare before I joined but some of you I would consider friends now.

So I don't see what the big deal is.

My Backlog

Scollurio
Tasuki

So I am going to post my thoughts on the whole Raid with friends only bit.  Some of you will see the same thing in the news article but I just wanted to post my thoughts here in case you missed it in the article.

Wow I can tell consoles gamers from PC gamers big time with this decision. If this had been a PC game no one would be complaining, PC games have been doing this for years with MMOS, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Lord of the Rings Online just to name a few. I don't understand why people are so upset yeah you need people on your friend list but does it have to be people you actually know? Just keep you eyes on sites like Pushsquare or other game forums or heck even the Destiny forums themselves. YOu will see a bunch of "guild" recruitment threads pop up.
I have been playing World of Warcraft for years and honestly I don't know any of my guild members in RL but I have grown pretty close to some of them to consider them some of my closest friends. Heck I didn't know any of you on Pushsquare before I joined but some of you I would consider friends now.

So I don't see what the big deal is.

This.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

ZeD
Tasuki

@ZeD:  That's a great idea so I went ahead and set one up and it is in fact sticked at the top of the online section of the forums. 

This thread will be for the purpose of just discussing the game in general.

Cannot wait to start using that thread!

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.