Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,988

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I've marked my phone's calendar for the 27th and the 28th with reminders (it's up on the 28th but since it's an American site, I may have to stay up late). Should I be unlucky, I won't mind trawling eBay for the scalpers who ordered ten within as many seconds. Racer Revenge would be another one that'd be nice; shame they're not doing Jedi Starfighter, but hey.

Never visited their site before, so I'll set up an account early.

I may have the opposite problem; my new PC is likely too powerful to run older games!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

I've never had to be up late for a LR release as I recall. And as I say, the split batches by about 6 hours I think anyway.

The games will likely run well enough. I think for the most part they're in a sweet spot of being not demanding but mostly also updated over time to run on more modern framework.
Some gog stuff has drm issues with Windows 10 (which I think needs to see some sort of drm) - but since this is a collaboration with Lucasarts, and LR are pretty good at what they do, they'll be authored to run on as many configurations as possible.
Even if they don't, you always just get the Steam versions for the 50p or whatever they cost these days 😂

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

I keep trying to get back into Final Fantasy IX, and... I dunno. I just can't. It's not catching my interest. I can't even put my finger on why... it looks good for a PS1 game. The character writing is decent. But it'll feel like I've been playing forever and, when I check, less than hour has passed.

shrug

I'm on Disc 2. If I continue feeling like this for too long, I might just cut my losses and drop it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Chinooker

Tekken 6 psp on my Vita.

Chinooker

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I wish those games would get the Ratchet and Clank treatment, I always preferred those games to the R & C ones. Maybe it's the secret game Bluepoint are working on?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@KratosMD @JohnnyShoulder @KratosMD Yeah, I have yet to play the PS4 remaster of the first J & D game that came as a pre-order bonus for Uncharted Lost Legacy. It has been sitting on my hard drive for over 2 years. I forget it’s even there.

I keep forgetting about Bluepoint. We still have heard nothing about what they’re doing. J & D already got a PS4 port so likely not those, although I realize they are just an HD upres and not a true remake. Ideas I’ve heard include Ico, Metal Gear Solid, Demon Souls. Maybe we’ll find out at PAX.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Areus

Currently Replaying Through Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition

Areus

themcnoisy

Ended up playing cookie clicker yesterday. I was reading up on passive gaming systems and ended on the website. Started on the browser at around 6:30. Two coffees later and way after 9pm the website crashed losing all my progress. I was just about to buy my first wizards temple as well! Too addictive from now on any such games are getting dodged.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

Finally got around to starting Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist which, I'm pleased to say, is a huge improvement over the nightmarish Double Agent.

Going from one game released at the beginning of the PS3's lifespan to this one, released near its end, is a neat little case study in how developers learn to squeeze every extra bit of power from their hardware. Everything is just objectively better, at least from a technical perspective; stealth flows, with movement now a breeze rather than a chore, giving you much more time to react and come up with dynamic approaches to each situation. Level design is linear, but still clever enough to provide two or three options, and there's a cinematic flow and pace to everything (even the menu screens) that gives me that comfortable feeling I always get when playing a big-budget, quality experience.

Couple of niggles, though. The overload of "things to do" led to some confusion early on, with me going straight from the bare-bones prologue to a tower defence survival game mode which was entirely optional because I spoke to the wrong character in the hub. I flailed around and taught myself the game in a haphazard, frankly dangerous way before finally clearing five waves of enemies and getting to extract, at which point I was able to find and play the first proper story mission... which subsequently taught me everything I wish I'd known fifteen minutes ago. D'oh!

And speaking of the wrong character, everybody seems to be stricken with this odd disease which appears to be affecting their cognitive recognition. They're all looking at this thirty-something imposter guy and calling him Sam Fisher. It's even infected his daughter! Maybe that'll get explained as I play more of the story. Either that, or it's some kind of Due South / Ray Vecchio undercover thing. I wonder where the real Sam is?

By and large, though, this is what I wanted from a Tom Clancy game, and a Splinter Cell game at that; playable, atmospheric stealth action about a set of folks who talk exclusively in acronyms, running about trying to stop people sending fuzzy tapes in to the news.

Happy days.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Well I'm playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica X on PS2 at the moment.

I kinda forgot about Steve Burnside and his "radical" California surfer style voice... That's gonna grate

But other then that he's an ok character from what I remember... Enjoying it so far once again

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

So far Dangaronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc has felt like a weird and wonderful mix of other games that I've loved, whilst still being unique in its own way. It has people being trapped in a death game in a similar style to Zero Escape, with Monokuma acting like Zero Jr's long lost cousin. The class trials and related investigations have an Ace Attorney vibe to them. And the style of the game along with hanging out with classmates has a slight Persona feel to them.

Currently, I've made it past the first class trial. It was far too easy to figure out the culprit, but otherwise it was great (the numbers on the wall made it too simple). The events of the crime turned out to be rather different than what I was expecting.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles Great game, Danganronpa. The class trials get even better.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@crimsontadpoles Danganronpa is a brilliant series. I took a real gamble on the first game, buying it on the basis of one trailer on a shopping website. Thankfully I ended up absolutely loving it, so it paid off! Two and V3 are even better in my view.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@mookysam Just bought Ultra Despair Girls, for completion sake. Have you played that one, how is it?

Kidfried

mookysam

@Kidfried Yep. My feelings on that are actually a little mixed. The core gameplay, which is basically a third person shooter, is a little mediocre to be frank. It's not bad per se it's just not good and doesn't stylistically fit in with the series as a whole.

The story is actually pretty good by the end and has some very heavy themes dealing with child abuse. It does tie into Danganronpa 1 and 2 and you're accompanied by Toko Fukawa a.k.a Genocide Jack who was one of my favourite characters in the first game.
Unfortunately there are also some "fan-service" moments that made me extremely uncomfortable. One segment sees the protagonist trapped in a machine that fondles her and you have to break her free via the touch screen, which in turn touches her more and thus has a certain physiological effect on her. Further, in one boss fight attacking the boss will see her clothes get destroyed until she's in her underwear.

I'd say I overall enjoyed it because of the story, but it's definitely the weakest game in the series.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

I like Ultra Despair Girls more than the original Danganronpa, to be quite honest. It's a cool, creepy story, and I like how it expanded on the worldbuilding of the first two games. It's also essential to play before you go into Danganronpa 3 (the anime conclusion to the first two games). The TPS gameplay isn't ideal, but it's more of a puzzle game than a shooter anyway.

I really liked the relationship between Toko and Komaru by the end of the game.

@mookysam I'm still shocked, to this day, that NISA released Ultra Despair Girls uncensored in the West. There's no way that would happen if the game were to be localized today. Too much dark and sexual subject matter. And the molestation machine, LMAO!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@mookysam @Ralizah I've been playing the game for a few hours now and I'm really looking forward to playing more. I really like Komaru, so that's a big plus too. Also finding out that my display picture has a brother was kind of a big deal to me, haha.

The gameplay is indeed quite simple, and nothing too interesting, but as long as the story keeps up a nice pace, I don't think that would be a problem for me.

Also, really like the graphics (especially for a Vita game!) and the sound is strong too.

Anyway, that's just a few short impressions after 4 or 5 hours of play.

Kidfried

Tasuki

Now I am probably the last person to get get hooked let alone try a mobile game, but after watching my co-worker playing World of Kings I had to try it. Basically it's World of Warcraft mobile. Now I don't think it's made by Blizzard, unless they are using a shell corporation to put this game out since the backlash they got for Diablo Mobile, or it is indeed a Chinese knockoff. Whatever the case may be you can tell it's heavily inspired by WoW. Even the graphics look like they were pulled right out of WoW.

Anyway it's a full fledge MMORPG for free on mobile stores it has everything that WoW does dungeons, PvP, crafting, Guilds etc and Since I did play WoW for many years till my PC died I figured I'd give it a try. Right now I am playing a Dwarven Archer and just hit level 20 (level cap for now is 60) and been playing it with a few friends. Been actually having a blast with it and it scratches that WoW itch nicely. Only problem I have is I wish I had a at least a tablet to play it on cause after awhile playing it on my phone hurts my eyes.

Other then that if you are a fan of WoW or MMOs in general or just looking for a deep game I highly recommend this game even though it is mobile and I am not big on mobile gaming.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic