Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,981 to 1,988 of 1,988

RogerRoger

@BeerIsAwesome Belated congratulations on your impressive milestone, both in terms of platinum trophies and the Sonic series. Really hope you enjoyed the endeavour. Here's to Sonic X Shadow in a few months, and what'll hopefully be another 33 years of going fast.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BeerIsAwesome

@RogerRoger Thanks muchly, and I'm technically now on 102, thanks to Unpacking and Arcade Paradise. ๐Ÿ˜Ž I would have two more were it not for glitched trophies.

As for right now, I'm just going to enjoy the next game in my backlog and play what remaining Sonic games I have casually. Not even sure the Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games games can be played any way but casually.

BeerIsAwesome

LtSarge

Started playing Life is Strange: Before the Storm on Series X. After wrapping up The Last of Us Part II today, I'm now in the mood for more story-driven games and so I figured this would be a fitting game to play. I can't remember when I played the first Life is Strange, it must've been like 8 years or so ago. I don't remember a thing about the first game's story, so I'm sure this is going to go well lol.

But I'm enjoying it so far. It's nice to play a simple and relaxing game every now and then.

LtSarge

Tjuz

@LtSarge I played the spin-off as well never having actually finished the original game and remember having a good time with it, so I'm sure you won't go wrong with that if you're into the general vibe of it. I do think it's overall one of the more forgettable games within that specific genre that I've played, but it's completely inoffensive. Like you said, a nice and simple game to just pick up and play a bit off until you get to the end (which if I remember correctly... doesn't take that long here). I definitely recommend picking up Life Is Strange 2 afterwards if you haven't played it already, because I think it's by far the strongest of that series and personally one of my favourites of the whole genre.

Tjuz

LtSarge

@Tjuz I'm definitely liking the characters so far, so that's good. The "challenge conversation" mechanic is also really cool as it adds more tension to your choices.

That's a lot of praise for Life is Strange 2 as I've heard that people don't like it as much as the first game. I'll definitely check it out eventually, if it's anything like the previous games then I'll enjoy it as well.

LtSarge

Pizzamorg

With the show being out I thought I would finally try Fallout 76 - the only Fallout game (even including the old original PC ones) I haven't played except Shelter. I am playing solo and... first impressions are... okay. I guess. I think the game looks nicer in person than how it shows up on a lot of video content. But I dunno, so far... it just feels like a Fallout game only with a minimal amount of narrative dressing. Like I've done a lot of walking through mostly empty space, and a lot of shooting random enemies and that is kinda it so far? I only have some vague narrative push to find the Overseer or whatever, and I get that is how all Fallout games start, but usually you wander straight from the vault into a place with NPCs and start picking up quests, this world is mostly empty so far except for enemies and even those seem to come in clumps and are far spread.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

LtSarge

Started up Trails from Zero on Switch yesterday. I haven't used my Switch in a long time and it's been a while since I played a JRPG so I felt now would be a good time to start up a new one.

I've played it for about an hour but it's worth mentioning that I also played it for a bit back when it came out on Switch. Back then I played it on Normal and didn't like how regular battles dragged on or were too challenging when I'm still in the beginning of the game. You also can't change the difficulty during a playthrough. So I decided to start a new game on Easy and just enjoy the story. Not to mention that I don't need to worry for any potential difficulty spikes later on. It would suck if I was 40 hours into the game and couldn't progress because of a boss fight รก la Final Fantasy.

But yeah, I'm liking the game so far. It's been a long time since I played an entry from this series so I'm looking forward to delving into it.

LtSarge

MrBook

Taking a break from Ghost of Tsushima to begin my play through of Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360. I've played and completed 2 before years ago, but wanted to carry over my character to ME3 which I've never actually played and so I picked up both from CEX.

Just left the nightclub on Omega to find Dr. Mordin Solus.

God damn this is such an awesome game, I even get a kick out of launching probes to draw on minerals. To coin a phrase, 'they don't make 'em like this anymore.'

Been playing a lot of older titles as I began ploughing through my back catalogue this year and I can't help but feel that something is terribly amiss with modern gaming. There just doesn't seem to be the passion from the industry there once was, certainly in the AAA arena.

MrBook

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic