Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,585

Hego

Picked up Child of Light (€6), LBP Vita Marvel edition (€6) and Virtues Last Reward Complete edition (€12) all for the PS Vita in the October Sale Very happy with my purchases

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Tasuki

Just a few Genesis games all C.I.B. that cost me 5 dollars for the lot

Untitled

Mainly wanted World of Illusion since I have never played it. Getting the Sonic games were just a bonus.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

SteveButler2210

@Hego: I picked up LBP Vita and VLR, nearly got Child of Light too, but I was also already getting Valkyria Chronicles II, Bastion, Tales from the Borderlands, and Metal Slug 3! My bank account might be unhappy, but my Vita is loving me right now. Add that to the 5 games I bought for a tenner in the retro sale and I'm going to be busy for a while

@Tasuki: brilliant games all 3, World of Illusion is great, although I don't think I ever did manage to complete it!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Tasuki

@SteveButler2210: Yeah I played Sonic (1) a bit when I was a kid over at a friends house. I am a bit more familiar with Sonic 2 since that was the pack in game when I got my Genesis for me that is the best Sonic game. I actually have a copy of Sonic 2 but it's a loose cartridge that I got at a garage sale for 50 cents. Always wanted to play World of Illusion loved Castle as a kid so I am looking forward to this.

This is when Disney games were good and not some junky toys to life game or a horrible Final Fantasy game with Disney characters sprinkled in.

My Backlog

Ash_uk1

@Tasuki: haha sorry my bad, i saw latest posts on the main page. thought it was the ps4 one

Edited on by Ash_uk1

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

Hego

@SteveButler2210: Valkyria Chronicles II looks to be a really cool game, got about an hour into before turning to other games, it's one I really want to get back to. Art style is very nice I'm also playing through Bastion myself at the moment, really enjoying it

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

themcnoisy

Metal slug 3.

Top tip turn off smoothing. Who cares if its blocky the games art is pixelated perfection. Smoothing ruins it Imo.

What a game, puts almost every indie platformer on the ps4 to shame. Only problem is the coin op roots are telling in the bullet sponge enemies and occasional instant death scenario if you don't know what's coming onto the screen. But absolute class. Anyone fancy a game?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

I got Thief: Deadly Shadows on Steam. It's pretty good so far.

Jaz007

Unashamed_116

Picked up Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires yesterday, and I'm loving it, even if some of the actions I've committed so far have been just comprehensively evil. It's astounded me how easy I've fallen into complete sociopathy in some of my playthroughs, and this is coming from someone who sold his sworn companion into slavery in Fallout: New Vegas primarily for fun. Still, great game, even if it's probably not as good overall as Xtreme Legends, it's still deep, engrossing and addictive!

Unashamed_116

Tasuki

Day ones haul from the Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Untitled

Ok so here we go.

Mega Man the Wily Wars and Secret of Mana 2 reproduction carts. These two games were never released in the US in cartridge form, in Mega Man's case it was released in NA but only in a download service. Secret of Mana 2 is actually a translated copy of Seiken Densetsu 3 (which is the actual sequel to Secret of Mana since Secret of Mana in Japan was called Seiken Densetsu 2). The guy that makes them just called it Secret of Mana 2 so NA buyers can make the connection.

Final Fight CD. Been looking for this game for awhile but it is so expensive, I bought this copy from Pat "The NES Punk" Contri if any of you know who that is if not we'll he's a big Youtuber who does retro game reviews.

Last but not least Aladdin on the Sega Genesis. Another one that I was looking for and found it C.I.B. for $8.99 which was a deal. Most of the time it's 15 dollars for just the cartridge.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

And now day twos haul from the Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Untitled

First up I got a Neo Geo MVS cartridge of Samurai Showdown. Long story short this is the cartridge that at one time was in a Neo Geo arcade machine. Got this today for 5 bucks plus also ordered an MVS Neo Geo system to play it on.

Next up a copy of Batman Returns for SNES which to me is one of the best Batman games ever made. Which was 5 dollars.

Last but certainly not least a couple of Dreamcast games Fur Fighters and WWF Royal Rumble.

My Backlog

Doctor_BK

Tales From the Borderlands, The Witcher 3 DLC, and NHL 16!

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

RR529

Just downloaded Zen Pinball (Android), and purchased the Portal & South Park: Super-Sweet tables.

I didn't even know they had a Portal table, so that was a cool surprise. Still learning it, but I scored around 22 million on my first go around, and it's visually appealing (very easy to keep track of everything).

The South Park table is very, very busy (visually, sound wise, and in terms of things to interact with), but it fits the show perfectly, and it's fun factor is cranked up by the fact that you can easily rack up the points (got 34 million points my first go around).

Also tried out the table they give you for free (one of their originals), and though I'm not a big fan of the theme, it's well made, and I'm sure I'll find time for it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529: I love Zen Pinball. I suggest if you enjoy that game or pinball games in general check out Pinball Arcade. I like that one a bit more but that's due to the nostalgia factor due to them being real tables.

My Backlog

SteveButler2210

Although it's not a game, I'll still be making a "gaming purchase" this evening. Off to treat myself to a BenQ W1070 1080p projector as a birthday pressie from me to me - with any luck in a few hours I'll be playing The Witcher 3 on an 80" screen (projector can go up to around 200" I believe, but unfortunately my flat can't!). Glorious.

Edited on by SteveButler2210

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Quintumply

@SteveButler2210: That is awesome! Would love to see that.

I guess my next gaming purchase will probably be the recent Rocket League DLC, but aside from that I'm pretty skint, so no more new games etc for me until Christmas (I hope!)

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic