Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,585

Hego

@SteveButler2210: That sounds amazing :0 sounds like the best way to play games
As for purchases I picked up the Metro Redux collection for €12 in the latest sale, pretty happy with that getting two decent games for €6 each

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: I love Zen Pinball. I suggest if you enjoy that game or pinball games in general check out Pinball Arcade. I like that one a bit more but that's due to the nostalgia factor due to them being real tables.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to get Pinball Arcade in the future. I've played a few real tables in real life, but other than an NBA table I played at the local laundromat, I can't remember what the others were.

Back to Zen Pinball. I was a tad disappointed that the Android version doesn't have the Earth Defense table. It's by far my favorite table in the 3DS version, & I would have gladly bought it again.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SteveButler2210

@Quintumply: @Hego: Good god. It is genuinely MIND-BLOWING. I always figured projectors weren't going to be great quality, but I have been well and truly proven wrong! The one I've picked up is 1080p, 3D ready, and the color on it is spot on (except for the blacks which could be better, but still aren't bad by any means). No noticeable input lag when gaming either, which is perfect!

I've uploaded some pictures here. The camera on my phone is pretty rubbish, so it really doesn't do it justice, but gives a good idea. The image size ended up around 80" as expected, and in person it's as crisp and clean as the picture on my 42" Bravia. In fact, my girlfriend and I both agreed that surprisingly we think it actually looks as good as, if not better than the pictures in the cinema (probably because it's that bit smaller and we're at the perfect viewing distance)!

So happy with it, best birthday present ever

EDIT: should mention the projector only cost £489 as well (plus £49 for 6 year guarantee), which is insane for the quality!

Edited on by SteveButler2210

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Quintumply

@SteveButler2210: Wow that's actually a bargain! I think my 32" HDTV I got a few years back was about that much! It does the job, but it certainly wouldn't hold a candle to a projector turning a wall into a cinema screen

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

SteveButler2210

@Quintumply: Yeah, the 42" I picked up last year wasn't a whole lot less! But I can safely say this is one of the best purchases I've ever made didn't game for long last night, as we spent most of the evening watching Avengers: Age of Ultron (which I'm going to need to re-watch, as I spent most of the movie gawping at how good it looked without really taking it in!), so I can't wait to get properly stuck back in to Tales from the Borderlands & The Witcher 3 tomorrow!!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

Hego

@SteveButler2210: Just checked out those photos in the link you sent, looks awesome, I've instantly decided when my girlfriend and I eventually move in together I'm getting me one of those rather than a tv looks just simply perfect for watching movies or playing games great move my friend!

Hego

SteveButler2210

@Quintumply: @Hego: just bust out the measuring tape and it turns out my initial calculations were way off... Instead of 80", I'm actually getting a 98" screen out of it! Definitely the way forward

Wish me luck!

marston1983

Not sure if it's been mentioned but witcher 3 is on Amazon uk for less than £25 if any is interested 😃

Edited on by marston1983

marston1983

Tasuki

Picked up Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the Wii VC last night. I have been in a Castlevania mood lately but wanted something new and this was the only one I never played which is odd cause its sequel Symphony of the Night is my favorite Castlevania.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Hego

Picked up Disgaea 4 for vita in the recent sale have Disgaea 1-4 now so won't be stuck for something to play anytime soon!

Hego

consolfreak1982

I recently bought Tales of Zestiria, Metal Gear Solid 5, Driveclub and Black Ops 3, so I dont think i will run out of things to play for quite some time - I need a vacation !!! LOL

so many games - so little time

PSN: consolfreak1982 | Twitter:

KidRyan

I ordered these three games for $60.11 from eBay recently, hopefully I'll get around to playing them eventually.

Eternal Sonata (PS3) - $17.99 New
Killer is Dead (PS3) - $12.12 New
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - $30.00 New

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Gamer83

My last day one purchase of 2015....

Untitled

Gamer83

themcnoisy

@Hego: Nice one Hego, I love d5 if you haven't noticed already.

Just bought Transformers devastation for £19.99 brand new from Game!!! I literally squeeled like a toddler looking at a Frozen Christmas calender. I turned to my wife and the game ban was lifted (mustn't of made it clear I wanted this game) what a result.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Gamer83: Great trio of purchases. Keep them mint for the future pal they should hold their value.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

turtlelink

Just ordered a PS4 bundle that came with Uncharted Collection, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for less than $400 on Amazon! I just had to pull the trigger on this deal.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

KidRyan

I recently bought these four games for $80.98 total. I look forward to playing the Dragon Age series eventually.

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (PS3) - $21.40 New
Dragon Age II (PS3) - $18.98 New
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3) - $19.90 New
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (PS3) - $20.70 New

KidRyan

I just bought these four games for $70.39 total . Thank god for Black Friday sales !

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3) - $21.14 New
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - $21.59 New
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (PS3) - $19.26 New
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3) - $8.40 New

I recently bought these two items for $453.56 total . Thank god for Cyber Monday week sales !

Sharp 32 inch Class LED 1080p HDTV - $185.98 New
Sony 500GB Super Slim PlayStation 3 - $267.58 New

kyleforrester87

Traded in Fallout against two games I've been wanting to try for a while, Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection and The Order 1886

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic