Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 761 to 780 of 7,479

Ralizah

@Tasuki I've fallen asleep on my Switch before. Didn't hurt it. And I wouldn't worry too much about dropping it, either. Durability tests have revealed that it's a pretty solid machine.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah Yeahhh I dont know if i'd be able to have it knocking round the house and not tear it open! lol I hear you though, I think I need to get it in the next week or so to be safe.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@BLP_Software "Because people are stupid and buy the system."

You bought one right BLP?

Got ARMS and SMOdyssey coming this Chrimbo for my son. The last time I was this excited to try a game was ff15 last year, mgs 5 the year before and TLOU the year before that. Praise the Mario. Its gonna be great.

@Splat What makes you think it will always be docked? You can and will play it around the house.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

johncalmc

I've gone insane and I'm considering buying a Switch because:

a) I'm apparently insane;
b) I really like Mario games.

Even my Nintendo-centric friends are largely warning me against the purchase because they say there's not much on the system that I'll care about. But hey, I really like Mario games. And I'm insane now.

Are there any games for this thing (not including Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Xenoblade, and the Pokemon game that's coming out one day in the far flung future) that I should be keeping an eye on that will make this purchase sting less in a year's time when I wish I had the money back?

Disclaimers:

1. I will not use the Switch as a portable, ever, even for rooftop house parties.
2. I will not play Splatoon 2.
3. I will not play Arms.
4. I will not play 1-2-Switch.
5. I will not play any online multiplayer games that involve putting myself into some sort of Saw-style trap of wires and other peripherals just to use the voice chat.
6. If the game is available on PS4, I will play it on that because trophies.
7. I'm saving up for a wedding. My own wedding. So if this is a bad purchase, insanity or no, I should avoid it.

Should I just take the plunge and buy the thing or should I spend the money on Kettle Chips and Star Bars?

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@johncalmc Zelda was nearly enough for me to get a Switch, Mario has tipped me over. I do tend to buy Nintendo systems for only one or two games but generally I wait until the price drops. Buttt.. I'll make an exception. Hopefully there will be some more games coming that make the purchase really worthwhile.

I'll probably get Mario Kart too.

kyleforrester87

Octane

@johncalmc Metroid Prime 4? Though that's far off in the future. I think we'll get a Direct in December or January that will reveal more games. Maybe we'll get another Zelda game and/or Mario game too, seeing how these two released pretty early.

You should try Splatoon 2 though, the single player is pretty good on its own, if you don't want the mp.

Octane

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I already played Mario Kart on Wii U and it's great. And Zelda I'll play. But I absolutely love Mario games so that's tempting me even though I know I'm probably going to play only a handful of games on the system. Shame they don't just go third party and save me the money.

@Octane I probably would play Splatoon 2 if I only had a Switch. But in a world where PS4 exists and I've got 40 games on my system I haven't even started, it's just not something I'd ever get round to.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@johncalmc To be honest, you're a gamer, it's a good game and you wanna play it, i'd just go for it. Worst case scenario you sell it in a couple of months once you've had your fill on Mario and make a bit of a loss. Even if you don't sell it and don't use it much it's not a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things. Go for it!!

kyleforrester87

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I'm going for a decidedly un-good deal. And I'm having to spend the thick of 70 notes on a Pro Controller so I don't have to use that stupid sad puppy dog controller, too.

johncalmc

Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

@johncalmc Maybe look into some of the eShop games. There are definitely some good ones on there, such as Golf Story. (It sounds dumb, but almost everyone I've talked to loves it, even if they hate golf games) The quality has stayed more or less high when it comes to eShop releases.

I expect Nintendo will reveal a bunch of 2018 games within the next few months too, so I wouldn't jump the gun on selling it. Maybe even waiting until E3 would be a good idea.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

kyleforrester87

@KirbyTheVampire There are two types of gamers - those who think they don't like golf games and have not played a golf game, and those who have played a golf game and love them.

@johncalmc I'm thinking about skipping on the Pro Controller and seeing how I get on.. I can always pop to Game* and grab one if needed.

*you hear lightening clap in the distance.

kyleforrester87

KirbyTheVampire

@kyleforrester87 I don't mind them really, they're just not something I'd want to sit there and play for a significant amount of time.

KirbyTheVampire

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I ordered the Switch console (neon red and blue, obvs), Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and a Pro Controller. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting that Golf Story thing too because it sounds rad. Also I think I probably need a memory card or something but I don't really understand how it all works yet so that can wait.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@KirbyTheVampire Yeah I'm keen to give them a go to be honest!

@johncalmc Sweet, that's what I'll be going for (other than the Pro controller day 1, and I'll be having grey thank you very much, I'm an adult). How much all in?

kyleforrester87

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I tried to hide the total from myself so I wouldn't be upset, but a few simple equations tells me that I got the lot for like £440 or something. Which is disgusting actually, when you think about it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic