Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 781 to 800 of 7,480

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc £440 for two games with an impending wedding?

slow but earnest hand clap

Gosh darn I applaud you sir.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

@johncalmc You don't necessarily need a micro SD card. It might be a good idea if you plan on downloading more than a few games, though. You'll just kinda have to play it by ear and see if you'll end up getting enough games that you need one.

Keep in mind that most physical games don't take up system storage outside of a few large third party games.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

johncalmc

@KirbyTheVampire From what I can tell there's barely anything on the store anyway. I just had a look through it and I think I'll play Golf Story, but other than that, it's Xenoblade 2 and then Pokemon. And that's a wrap.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I've played golf games, and always find them to be incredibly boring.

@johncalmc Mario Odyssey works really well with a joycon in each hand.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KirbyTheVampire

@johncalmc Project Octopath Traveler might be worth a look as well if you like RPGs. There's a pretty extensive demo if you want to try it out.

KirbyTheVampire

Kidfried

@johncalmc What mistake? The Switch or the wedding?

Congrats on both anyway!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

johncalmc

@Ralizah I was actually thinking I might do that at some point. The hierarchy of controllers is currently: 1. Pro, 2. One Joy-Con in each hand, 3. Sad puppy, 4. Handheld mode. Or that's what I'm thinking. But I've never held a Switch or even seen one in real life.

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@KirbyTheVampire I might check that out. If there's any hint of it going to PS4 as well though I'll hold off.

@Kidfried I am a lot more confident about the wedding than I am about getting my money's worth out of a Nintendo console.

johncalmc

Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

@johncalmc They've been pretty adamant that it's a Switch exclusive, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe in a few years, though.

Still, I feel like it's the kind of game that wouldn't benefit very much from the PS4's power.

KirbyTheVampire

Octane

@johncalmc Congrats! Now you can join the ''I spent way too much on a Switch day one'' club. My advice: Don't look at your bank account and just enjoy Mario Odyssey!

@KirbyTheVampire Never underestimate HD grass!

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane BotW has the best looking grass I've ever seen in a video game, so...

@johncalmc Motion controls work best with free-form joycons too. My recommendation would be to try them out for a while before investing in a pro controller. I got a pro controller for my Wii U because the GamePad is kind of uncomfortable to play most games on, but I've found the joycons to be perfectly comfy. Especially without the wrist straps, which I feel bulk up the joycons too much. Without the straps, they comfortably nestle into my hands as I play.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Splat

themcnoisy wrote:

@Splat What makes you think it will always be docked? You can and will play it around the house.

No, I really wouldn't. I all ready have a Vita collecting dust. I just don't enjoy gaming on a handheld regardless of how good the games are.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc @kyleforrester87 Nah, as soon as you get stuck into Mario it will all make sense and the wedding seem far away and unimportant. Yes, I really like this Mario game.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Splat I'm not big on hand held gaming either, it's was fun on the game boy but playing games like Uncharted on Vita I'm left thinking it would have just been so much better on the big screen running on a PS4.

Still I might prefer the docked mode on the Switch just because the screens smaller.. I'm kinda worried about what those jaggies will look like on the big screen having gotten used to my PS4 Pro..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

So to join in the party I just ordered a Switch with Mario Thought twice about Zelda for now, I'll get my monies worth out of Mario and get Zelda in a month or so. Will see how I get on without the Pro controller for now, too.

First new Nintendo console (not handheld) I've bought since the N64. I normally get them second hand!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Tasuki

@johncalmc @kyleforrester87 Congrats on the purchases. As someone who's not big on 3D Mario games I can saying owning a Switch just for Super Mario Odyssey is not a bad thing. I am even enjoying SMO more then Zelda to be honest.

@Splat Don't let not using the Switch as a handhold deter you from getting one. I am not big on hand held gaming either and haved used my Switch in dock mode 99% of the time. The one time I used it as a handheld I did just to see how it was. It wasn't bad mind you just again I am not a handheld gamer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gamer83

@kyleforrester87
Welcome to the club. If you plan on playing more in tv mode than handheld, you'll want that pro controller at some point (probably the best controller Nintendo has ever made).

Gamer83

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki @Gamer83 Thanks, hopefully it's worthwhile. It's funny because I'm not a big Mario fan by any stretch but it looks fun and I can't ignore a game scoring so well (even if I do think it's probably been over hyped a bit!!)

As for the Pro pad I'll see how it goes, I'd like to give the Joycons a run for their money first but will certainly upgrade if they don't work out for me.

I really hope there are 5 solid games that appeal to me on the system by the end of 2018..

@KirbyTheVampire Hey, Project Octopath Traveler does look good. I remember seeing that a while ago. Pretty stoked I will get to play it now! Is the demo out now on the store? Did you like it?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic