Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 741 to 760 of 7,480

Haruki_NLI

Its at 97 based on 59 when I last checked.

Anyway, I cant see this game being that good. I mean sure, itll be fun. But after 64 and to a lesser extent Sunshine, my opinion of sandbox Mario is very low.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

97 based on 62 now. Which puts it at around the same level of universal critical acclaim as Super Mario Galaxy.

Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

PS_Nation

Damn, the scores of Mario are insane...
Judging by the scores, Zelda and Mario are the biggest goty contenders.
I hope that Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 win some awards too, lol.

PS_Nation

themcnoisy

@KratosMD Switch is getting all the must haves whilst ps4 gets wb and ea bilge.

@Ralizah it crashed under the weight earlier. Potentially the best game ever Im hearing.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

PS_Nation

@Ralizah Also Breath of the Wild has a metascore of 97. I loved both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, can't wait for Odyssey, maybe I will receive my copy on the next Monday.

PS_Nation

Ralizah

This has been a good year for the industry. Nintendo is releasing hit after hit on its hot new hybrid console, and Sony got a handful of high quality exclusives early in the year. Even Xbox fans are getting a new 4K console, which I guess is exciting if you're into the 4K thing and primarily play Western third party releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Kidfried I spend approx a grand a year. That said Its not all on ps4, this year Ive spent weird money on ps1 games and getting a laptop and switch for our son. So its more like £1700.

But yeah I make sure all the games are new other than retro stuff and trade in when Im done so that figure is skewed really. But most of all I try to support the games I want and need good direction from reviewers, Im time poor which also affects my buying habits and I wont pay for microtransactions ever again.

themcnoisy

Will be buying odyssey, apart from the weird controls in parts there are no other negatives. Woo woo.

Kidfried

@themcnoisy I think my spending is closer to 20 now that I think about it. I buy a game almost every month, though I always buy them during those great sales and that saves me a lot of money. I, unfortunately, lack the resources to buy games upon release.

I'd probably love the Switch too, but I guess I'll have to wait out a little longer.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried ive been there mate, im old now and have served my time in the bargain bins dont you worry!

Splat

Would you guys recommend the Switch to someone that would keep it docked the whole time?

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Octane

@Splat Mine is docked 95% of the time. It doesn't really matter how you use yours, just know that it's not a 4K machine when it's docked.

Octane

Tasuki

@Splat Just like @Octane I use mine in docked mode as well. I used it the other day for the first time as a handheld but yeah it wasn't for me. Not that it was bad it's just a personal preference for me as I have always preferred gaming on a tv over a handheld.

Don't let not using it as a handheld persuade you from purchasing it. IF you don't want to use it like that it's perfectly fine. It's nice though having that option.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@Splat It works perfectly fine as a home console, but if you're not going to make use of its versatility at all, then I'd recommend waiting to hear more about its 2018 lineup before making the switch. Like all young consoles, it still needs to build up a substantive library. Even if we are getting some utterly incredible exclusives in its first year.

I love Nintendo's IPs, Atlus games, and portability, so it's my dream console, but I recognize that this won't be true for a lot of people.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

If I had a Switch, I'd play it most in dock mode. But I could see myself taking it to bed with me a lot. People around here do that a lot?

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

Had something of a windfall today, gunna treat myself to a Switch with Mario and Zelda. Only question is, do I wait until nearer Christmas so I can enjoy it over the holidays? Will try my best to I think!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@Kidfried Yeah I do sometimes. Just playing a bit before going to sleep, that's what I did with the Wii U too.

@kyleforrester87 Can't go wrong either way! But there's nothing like unboxing a new console and playing it over the holidays!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 If you wait the odds of you getting one are slim to be honest.

Because people are stupid and buy the system.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I'd get it ASAP and just wrap it up or put it aside. It's in stock everywhere right now, but who knows what the stock situation will be like around Christmas?

@Kidfried The Switch is a joy to play anywhere. It's what I love most about the system. I just ran around in Mario Odyssey collecting moons while watching Doctor Who re-runs with the family. It was a lot of fun!

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

@Kidfried I would do that problem is I am afraid I will doze off and drop it or something. I have done that with my phone on numerous occasions.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic