Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 181 to 200 of 5,530

ApostateMage

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens. It's the best lego game i've played since Star Wars the original trilogy. Just pure good old fashioned fun with great sound, graphics and cinematics, and humour which made me genuinely laugh out loud. Quality game.

ApostateMage

ArkhamKnerd

I recently beat the Nathan Drake Collection. I have other games to play and I originally thought I'd beat one Uncharted game and move on to something else and kind of alternate but I found myself going and playing the next..and then "I'll just start the 3rd and see how it looks" (finishes it the next day haha). I'm on Uncharted 4 now. Loving the series a lot..as someone who never had a Playstation console until a month ago.

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

DerMeister

Today, I beat Dragon Age Origins for the first time. Took me a while, but I enjoyed it a lot. Has to be one of my favorite RPGs, with the tactics, story, and characters. I grew to enjoy it a lot more than I thought, since I'm not a huge RPG guy, but it was a great time. Had to beat it on easy though, since I had a hard time on normal.

I also have the Awakening expansion, so I'll get on that as soon as I can.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Gamer83

Resident Evil 7. Loved every minute of it.

Gamer83

Splat

DerMeister wrote:

Today, I beat Dragon Age Origins for the first time. Took me a while, but I enjoyed it a lot. Has to be one of my favorite RPGs, with the tactics, story, and characters. I grew to enjoy it a lot more than I thought, since I'm not a huge RPG guy, but it was a great time. Had to beat it on easy though, since I had a hard time on normal.

It's a great game. I have played it through a few times.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

F-racsO

I beat Uncharted 2 last night and it was amazing.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

ellsworth004

Beat bloodborne a few days ago, 3 trophies shy of a platinum, anyone know how many times u have to beat it to get platinum...3?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

themcnoisy

Titanfall 2 - an absolute blast! @BAMozzy finally done it, your critique of the campaign is fair, it feels a bit forced at times with the routine of solo gunning, platforming, get back to BT, boss fight.... Rinse and repeat. But all in all I absolutely love some of the levels! So I'm more in the @Boyfrommars82 camp and can give the game a solid 9.5/10

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

I just finished Unravel - I thought it had a game breaking bug on the penultimate bug (google searches seemed to validate it) but then I realised I was just using the wrong control option to drag something. Sigh.

I liked the game overall, the music, aesthetic and artwork was quite beautiful but as a platformer, I thought it wasn't quite tight enough. I'm a little rusty on my platformer games but some deaths felt a little unfair.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Glad you enjoyed it! I didn't say it was 'bad' but that it really wasn't as 'good' as a lot of people had us believe. MW and MW2, two games that a LOT of Respawn staff were involved in making are more varied, have better characters and supporting casts inc better antagonists too. Apart from the interactions between BT and yourself, the rest of the dialogue, the other characters etc are completely forgettable. The time jump mission is certainly a stand-out but just as its getting interesting, the ability is removed. The boss fights, particularly on hard difficulties, have incredibly poor dialogue. The bosses only have about 3 lines and if the fight goes on a bit longer, due to the difficulty setting, those 3 lines get repeatd over and over and over again. I bet you can't even give a synopsis of the plot, what their mission was etc. That's not to say that certain aspects of the game-play won't be memorable - like I said that time jump mission stands out - more for what you do rather than why you were there or what relevance it had to the story. The game-play is solid, visuals are impressive and its great to have a single player experience in the game but as a 'story' its weak and overall quite formulaic. Maybe its better to play a mission a day rather than play the whole campaign in one or two sittings. That way the formula may work better - ending each on a boss fight. The story doesn't matter so much then either.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just finished Gravity Rush 2! Unlocked every trophy prior to attempting the final chapter, so I got the platinum at the end. So satisfying!

Seems like they took some inspiration from FFXV...

62 hours to finish (spent 4 hours grinding).
Such a great game. Some really great boss fights.

I don't know what the gaming year has in store for us, but Gravity Rush 2 is definitely on the shortlist as my personal GOTY.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Speedy67

Won the Premier League and FA Cup on Master League in PES 2017, so I'd consider it beaten. What a footie game! The realism and slick gameplay are incredible, and totally make up for licensing issues.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on Thursday, and... wow. Even though I find the 'long lost brother' angle to be fairly cornball, the way the game deconstructs Nathan Drake's high-risk lifestyle is fantastic. Unlike previous games in the series, this entry is thematically dense and does a fantastic job of tying the franchise together by focusing primarily on exploring and developing its characters. This is a huge step up from the junk food plots and one-dimensional characterization in previous Uncharted games.

Visually AND mechanically, this is, far and away, the best game in the series. The platforming in this is mostly well-thought out and implemented. Combat has been spiced up with a robust stealth system and a rope swinging mechanic, allowing for players to tackle enemy encounters in multiple ways. More open-ended areas later in the game allow for actual exploration. And, good god, this game is a visual marvel, and is probably the most graphically stunning console game ever made.

If I had one problem with the game, it would be that Nadine doesn't feel very well-integrated into the game's narrative. She's not terribly relevant to the game's core plot, has no real character arc to speak of, and disappears near the end of the game without consequence, having fundamentally added nothing to it outside of some unwinnable boss fights.

Easily the best of the Uncharted games. Probably Naughty Dog's best game overall. I really enjoyed it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Bigkopman

Deus Ex-Mankind Divided done. Loved the game but it has left the story hanging...sad to here that the game is not on Eidos's priority list either. Well, I have a New Game + waiting to go if I need a fix.

https://card.exophase.com/2/0/40863.png?1570923228
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Bigkopman.png

PSN: Bigkopman | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

Finished up Wolfenstein the Old Blood. Got some trophies to try and mop up. Pretty fun expansion on the New Order, had some slightly jarring tonal shifts and I found the game got easier as I got further in but still worth it. I'm hoping the rumours of Machine Games new work is a Wolfenstein game as hinted because they got the meaty gun play about right.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

ztpayne7

Finished World of Final Fantasy. After the initial announcement trailer that had me really excited, this one went down in hype the more I heard about it. Didn't think I'd like the pokemon-esque system and something about it just seemed off.

LOVED it. They nailed it and they nailed the fan service. The humor was great except for Tama inserting "the" before a good majority of her words. Good combat, good music...just really good all around.

ztpayne7

F-racsO

I finished The Wolf Among Us and I loved every second. It's such a great story. I enjoyed it far more than The Walking Dead and I thought that one was pretty good too. I've still to play other TellTale games but this one is my favorite so far.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Rudy_Manchego

@F-racsO I think The Wolf Among Us is the best of all the Telltalle Games I've played and prefered it over The Walking Dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic