Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 201 to 220 of 5,530

F-racsO

@Rudy_Manchego I hope we get a season 2 announcement soon. The ending left a lot of questions that need to be answered.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki; @F-racsO; Absolutely correct, great comic series called 'Fables'. The comics start with Snow White running Fabletown which. It actually made me start to read through the graphic novel collections. There is so much source material that they could keep churning out season after season!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

CountFunkula78

@Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki

Yes, fables! Remember the duck with a gun welded on his hat, because he can't shoot it with his wings? I think another duck jumps on his head to shoot it.
Seriously, if Telltale can get the rights to Fables, can we hope that they can get hold of other Vertigo titles?
Sandman? Preacher (esp. Due to TV series being popular)? Swamp thing? Hellblazer?
TRANSMETROPOLITAN!

CountFunkula78

Rudy_Manchego

@CountFunkula78 Oh man oh man, now you have put the idea of a Transmetropolitan Telltale Game in my head and that would be absolutely amazing! It would translate so well!

In fact, just any Transmetropolitan game would be amazing.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

F-racsO

@Tasuki @Rudy_Manchego I knew the game is based on the comic series but I didn't know it was a canon prequel. I did some research and the game takes place 20 years before the start of the comics so I wonder if TellTale is going to keep covering that 20 year gap with the games. I really just want to know the true identity of a certain red head

@CountFunkula78 I'm down for a Preacher game.

F-racsO

Tasuki

@CountFunkula78 @F-racsO I can honestly say I never read Fables or even knew it existed before Wolf Among Us. I did find out interesting enough that both tv shows Grim and Once Upon a Time were original suppose to be TV series based on Fables comic series but disputes with the creators and the Networks lead the creator to Telltale thus making Wolf Among Us.

I highly suggest Batman the Telltale Series if you liked Wolf Among Us. It reminded me alot of that game especially because it was going around solving stuff similar to Wolf.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

F-racsO

@Tasuki I've had Batman on my wish list for a while now, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale. I also have Game of Thrones, TWD Season 2, and Tales of the Borderlands in my backlog.

F-racsO

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just beat Persona 3 Portable on Vita!
WOW. What. A. Game!
Took me just over 80 hours to complete the story.
Not only is it the best 'vita' game I've ever played, it's probably the 2nd best JRPG I've ever played, after Crisis Core- my favourite game of all time.

People say that Persona 4 Golden is the best, but in my mind, there is no way it can top P3P.
3 weeks to finish Persona 4 now till Persona 5. This is going to be a tight finish!

Mitsuru is bae <3

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Zander1992

I just recently beat Battlefield Hardline & man I hated the experience. Unfortunately I realized to late I wasn't having fun and I was on chapter 9 of 10 so I was like screw it I will get those trophies . But now I'm half way done with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and its 100x better than BF Hardline 😊

Recently went all digital...

PSN: Portofan92

CountFunkula78

After probably 50 tries I've just beat the last boss in Doom. Whew!
What a great game, loads of punchy guns and slippy old school movement, feels just right.
Loading times a little long, and some bosses a little spammy and cheap, but other than these very minor complaints, it's a tight paced, well balanced campaign that left me wanting just a bit more...

CountFunkula78

F-racsO

After 150+ hours, I finally finished The Witcher 3 and it was one helluva ride. It had some of the most emotional moments and most badass battles I've ever seen.

I do have to admit that I found the ending a bit underwhelming but my journey to get there is second to none.

F-racsO

Hego

Finished Trails in Cold Steel on Vita last night, ending was so good I stayed up afterwards just to start the sequel. Easily my favourite JRPG, I feel like the Trails series are to me what the Final Fantasys are to most other people, they just have such a memorable cast and stories that draw you in. Heartily recommend this to any JRPG fans (but make sure you've a spare 50-80 hours depending on what difficulty you choose, it's a long ass game!!)

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Rudy_Manchego

Just finished Hyper Light Drifter after a good few goes at the final boss. Absolutely fantastic game, difficult (at least for me) but a real pleasure to play. Highly recommended.

Ralizah

Just beat Velocity 2X. Now I need to go back and get perfect scores on all the levels. I actually did that on the first forty or so levels I played, so I only have a fraction of the levels left to perfect. Not sure how I'm going to get that sort of split-second precision on those stupid levels where I'm controlling two ships at once, though. Even when I try to just focus on one, it's still so disorienting!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

roe

Finished Snake Pass earlier today and now just need one more trophy for the platinum. I was on the fence about getting the game but really enjoyed it. It's unlike anything I've played before in many ways and even though it's a bit frustrating at times, it's equally rewarding when you do succeed.

roe

Splat

Stories: The Path of Destinies

A pretty underrated game and one of the better PS+ games I have played this gen.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

roe

Just finished one "playthrough" of 'Late Shift'. Have to say it was pretty enjoyable. It got weaker as it went on but I came away liking it a lot more than I expected to. Gonna give it a second go now to hopefully flesh out the story a little more and perhaps give a few more answers.

roe

RR529

the Hanzo storyline in Senran Kagura: Burst (3DS). As far as I know it was a standalone game in Japan, so I'm counting it, lol. It was decent. The framerate could have been better, and it could get a bit repetitive, but there's a lot to do, and it's great for getting 5 minutes of gameplay in here & there.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS) - Excellent JRPG. As with most other DQ games, the core gameplay is very traditional JRPG fare (though they did update it by removing random battles except when at sea), but if you can get into it there's a lot to do. The story/world itself is large, and in addition to that there's the photograph sidequests (new to this version), mini medal sidequest, and monster recruiting for the Monster Arena. I literally finished up the main story at the 100 hour mark, and I even did an extra 20 hours of post game stuff to get the ending I wanted, Jessica marriage! There's still a bit of post game content left, but I'm taking a break from it for now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic