Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 641 to 660 of 738

Splat

It was nice to see Bray finally win a major title.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

A couple of deaths in the Wrestling world. R.I.P. George "The Animal" Steel and ECW old schooler Nicole Bass.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So Sunday is Wrestlemania 33. I am kinda looking forward to it not nearly as much in past years as honestly most of the matches don't excite me. Anyone else planning to watch it?

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Yh I'll watch it, gives me some time to get on the vita. I haven't seen any WWE programming since the Rumble, but its Mania...
I'll subscribe to the Network, watch the HOF & Mania and probably cancel it immediately after if Reigns beats Taker like the angry internet fan that I am

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Funny thing is I expect Roman to beat Taker this year. For one thing, streak is over has been since Brock beat him. Second by Roman beating Taker it will give him a huge heel push and if WWE is smart, will turn Roman heel afterwards.

In HoF news I watched that last night and I will say it was one of the better ones in years. It was great to see Kurt Angle back in the WWE. DDP is so worthy of a HoF spot as well. They made some good choices this year for the HoF.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Splat

Delete!

Fight_Teza_Fight

Welp I seriously didn't shed a tear watching that end. Feels like I just watched the last part of my childhood slip away.
Brock vs Reigns The Rematch WM34 New Orleans for the world title. Might not like it, but the story writes itself.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamNovice

Right this is going to be a long one but this is my thoughts about Wrestlemania 33 (or Wrestlemania cos big daddy Vince doesn't want to be reminded he's getting old).

Neville V Austin Aries: Perfectly fine match but hard to be completely invested when the cruiserweight division is seen as a sideshow.

Andre the giant Battle Royale: Let's face it, they will do nothing with Mojo Rowley, just a cheap way to get celeb involvement. Luke Harper, Braun Strowman and Sami Zayn needed it more.

Dean Ambrose V Baron Corbin: Expected Baron to go over but his recent performances including here have dented his momentum. Also what a waste of The Miz's hard work of making the IC title actually mean something.

Shane McMahon V AJ Styles: The best pound for pound wrestler's talents wasted so he can babysit the boss's son because he tends to jump off from high places at this time of year.

Kevin Owens V Chris Jericho: The match should have been for higher stakes, Owens now needs to be more evil now without relying on help.

Bayley V Sasha Banks V Charlotte V Nia Jax: No heel turn from Sasha, wasted booking from Bayley going over, shouldn't have won the title on Raw. Get Bayley V Sasha now and keep Charlotte away (she's been pushed too much)

Enzo and Cass V Shermus and Cesaro V The Club V The Hardys: Well that's how you make people care about a match that nobody was invested in. But a word of caution, the Hardys returning is only worth it IF they allow their Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmick to thrive, there's a reason the crowd shouted DELETE.

Triple H V Seth Rollins: Great selling from Seth on his knee but good lord Triple H is so bloody slow now (and he wasn't quick at the best of times). Turn face and focus on NXT now, Samoa Joe and Finn Balor to get involved with Seth now?

John Cena and Nikki Bella V The Miz and Maryse: We interrupt this 7 hour wrestling extravaganza to bring you an episode of Total Bella's. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who wanted a Cena or Bella heel turn during the proposal?

Bray Wyatt V Randy Orton: Absolutely love Bray, so was furious with the outcome, does Orton really need another title run? The apron spot was overused too, had hoped their would have been a payoff on sister Abigail.

Brock Lesner V Goldberg: Considering the huge criticism this has got over the months, this was booked well. Great showing of two monsters colliding. But Brock needs to put someone over at Summerslam or something that the fans can get behind, Joe, Balor or Nakamura.

Natalya V Carmella V Naomi V Becky Lynch V Mickie James V Alexa Bliss:
No surprise here but let's be honest Naomi isn't in the same league as Becky, Mickie or Bliss.

Special note MUST be mentioned to Good Old JR, to commentate for such a special occasion with the level of professionalism and enthusiasm in the face of the adversity he suffered over the past fortnight just shows the level of the man he his.

The Undertaker V Roman Reigns: Okay, first up I have nothing against Roman Reigns but he won't get anywhere with the fans if WWE don't allow his personality to come out, and for god's sake turn him heel. None of this half hearted nonsense.
Alright Dead Man, from the Federation, New Generation, Attitude, Ruthless Aggression, PG and New era eras, he has been so ever present and provided so many wonderful memories, from the dead man to the grim reaper to the American badass to back again he always provided such wonderful spectacles, matches and of course entrances. Time to rest in peace.
#ThankYouTaker

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

shonenjump86

Now let's see what happens at the night after Wrestle Mania.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

Tasuki

@adf86 Unfortunately the Broken Matt Hardy And Brother Nero Gimmick is under contention with TNA right now (very similar to what the Dudley's went through when they left WWE).

My Backlog

Splat

I'm so glad they put Nakamura on the A show. The thought of a AJ/Nakamura feud has me giddy.

JoshuaReeves

God why can't this come out for the vita. I've been waiting for a new fire pro handheld for over a decade..hm

JoshuaReeves

Tasuki

So apparently Paige's in ring career is over. Been reading several places that she won't be cleared by WWE doctors due to her neck injuries. Several fans are blaming Sasha Banks but according to sites it's been her years of wrestling.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki It's a shame, she's only 25.
A lot of wrestlers are banged up, any bump could be the last. That's the nature of wrestling, as the hits you take aren't natural.
I do think Sasha has to be held accountable to some degree. The injury occurred at a live event (of all places), Paige just came back from injury and had her back to Sasha, when Sasha took a stiff shot to the back of her head.
Usually in a situation like this, when there's no pay off, you protect someone coming back from injury.

It really does seem she's done. However, the wrestling cynic in me thinks she will make a 'miraculous' return and win the first ever Women's Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant, to hype up that movie The Rock is doing about her family.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

So out of curiosity who's going to be watching this year's Royal Rumble? I honestly have not been following wrestling since last WrestleMania so I have no idea of any of the storylines going on currently. Still I have always enjoyed the Royal Rumble and like to see if any surprise entrys happen. For some reason I have a feeling that Rhonda Rousey will pop in during the woman's Royal Rumble maybe even winning it. So any guess as to what will happen?

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

I'll be watching. I haven't been watching, but I do keep up with the news.
The Rumble is always great fun, so I'm subscribing to the Network and might as well catch up on all the PPVs I've missed since WM33.
The Rhonda Rousey rumour is interesting, but who would be a believable threat? Maybe Charlotte and that's it.
I don't see either of the world titles change hands.
As for the Rumble itself I believe it will be Roman- which I would hate.
I'm really hoping Daniel Bryan returns to win it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight I highly doubt it will be Roman. The last time he won it the fans weren't too happy about, it even caused a big drop in subscribers for the WWE Network. I don't think WWE will make the same mistake twice.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki You'd think so, but this is the WWE! Roman has mainevented WrestleMania 3 years in a row. Vince obviously doesn't care what the vocal minority (or is it majority at this point?) thinks- that's his guy.

I think a Smack Down guy wins it. Looking forward to the surprise entrances. Not long now.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Best Royal Rumble in recent memory. Both were fantastic, but the women really stole the show for me.

You could really feel just how much that meant to them.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.