Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 721 to 738 of 738

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just seen the Reigns news. Crazy... . Guess I’ll be catching up on RAW tonight.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

The Man aka Becky Lynch is the best thing going in wrestling right now.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

King Kong Bundy has passed today. One of the earliest big men of wrestling I actually remember. I remember watching the cage match between him and Hogan at WM2. Thoughts go out to his family.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

Turner just signed a TV deal with AEW. This is the first time since WCW's closure that wrestling will be on a Turner Network. I am very excited to see how they compete with WWE and Impact.

My Backlog

Shatter

Whole lot of great talent on that roster. Should be fun to watch.

Shatter

Tasuki

Watched AEW's PPV last night and what a show!!!! I especially loved all the jabs they took at WWE and of course there newest member of their roster. They keep up this and wrestling might be interesting again.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki I heard rumors of their newest employee so it wasn't that big of a surprise. I actually called it on how he would come in too 😂

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki The four stars represent Chicago, they are from Chicago's flag. Each star represents a major historical point in Chicago history. The first one is for the founding of Fort Dearborn (the first settlement in the area which Chicago would grow from). The second is for the Great Fire, the third is for the 1893 World's Fair and the fourth is for Century of Progress Fair 1933. It was rumored that if Chicago got the 2016 Summer Olympics they would have added another star to the flag but of course Rio got the Olympics instead.

So in truth the stars are more of symbol of Chicago like the Sears Tower, Wrigley Field etc. So it more then likely is just for Chicago.

Still rumors of CM Punk joining or at least making an appearance at an AEW event have been circling around for months now. I honestly don't see it happening I feel he has burned too many bridges and has a reputation for being hard to work with and overall just demanding.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Kyroki Yeah I think Hangman/Jericho will be a good one. I also can't wait for their next PPV Cody & Dustin vs The Young Bucks. The Cody/Dustin match easily was the match of the night for Double or Nothing and The match between the Young Bucks and The Lucha Brothers was great too so I am expecting a solid match with these four guys.

My Backlog

SilentE

Lol @ that Goldberg Vs Undertaker match. Geez!

SilentE

Tasuki

Well anyone living in the US can watch Fyter Fest next Saturday absolutely free on BR Live app. I am really looking forward to it.

I was able to watch a bit of New Japan last week and got to see Jon Moxley make his debut which was good. Also Kota's (formaly know as Hideo Itami on NXT) return to New Japan and it was great seeing him and he does look alot happier now. Just another person that WWE wasted cause they had no idea how to use him.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So interesting twist here apperarently Paul Heymen has become the excutive director of Raw while Eric Bischoff has been hired for Smackdown. This could be interesting if McMahon keeps.his nose out of things, which be won't

My Backlog

Tasuki

Wow!!! I just finished watching AEW Fyter Fest and wasn't disappointed again. Alot of good matches but of course the match of the night was the Moxely/Janelea match. The Cody match was another solid one as well as well as the six man tag match with Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. I loved the Street Fighter references too.

AEW is really making me enjoy wrestling again.

My Backlog

Splat

Not only is Kenny Omega pushing for an AEW game but he wants it to play like WWF No Mercy. I would throw my money at them so fast haha.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

So it looks like we will be getting the Wednesday Night Wars starting this October. WWE has announced that starting in September NXT will be on USA on Wednesday nights and will be 2 hours long. I of course will be watching AEW but it should be interesting.

I wonder if we will see any surprise jumps from WWE to AEW on its first night and who. Right now if his contract is up by then I am thinking maybe Rusev.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.