Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 10,127

Octane

@Jaz007 It's actually still open.

I didn't read the review, so I had no idea what you were talking about, but reading through the comment section, I completely get where you're coming from. Reminds me of #katgate a while back.

Anyway, something I found funny about the review, I saw many people signing up and complaining it was too low compared to the Metacritic (as if that even matters ). So I went to check the Metacritic score and I found ''No score yet - based on 3 Critics'', there aren't even enough reviews for an average score on Metacritic lol.

Octane

Jaz007

@Octane Robert said they were closing it down at the last comment since the last few listed (now deleted) broke about every community we have apparently.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo If you see those comments, please report them as that is probably the best way that I notice them.

That goes for anyone if you see a comment or post that you feel.breaks community rules, spam etc. please report it. Sadly I am only one person and with my time split between a full time job, real life things and such I can't see every comment, post etc. this goes for Sammy and Robert as well. Also with me there is the time difference. Being 8 hours behind you guys does make it difficult at times too since your guys are getting up for the day as I am going to bed.

Yes we are growing and as such we will attract more unsavory characters it's just the nature of the beast with websites I am afraid but as I said you all can help maintaining this place in keeping it a friendly civil place on the web.

I will say while I can't check every post, comment etc. I do check the report log quite frequently so please if you see something wrong please use that report button.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

New people are not all bad, it's always just the bad one's that stick out. The others fit in so well you dibt even notice.

That being said, we should ban everyone who cares about a metacritic score.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I doubt most of those stick around. They just make an account to complain a bit and they're gone.

It's like the dozen of new users that sign up on NLife every day, just to make Pokemon GO friend request threads. They don't stick around either.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane I don't know how you guys don't go nuts from having to close all those Pokemon Go FC threads. Honestly I am surprised Ant hasn't just added them to the spam filter so they would quit spamming.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

@Tasuki It's just part of the daily routine at this point. Though the stickied and closed ''DON'T START A POKÉMON GO FRIEND CODE THREAD'' actually did help a lot. I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent them completely, wouldn't the spam filter also detect regular posts?

Octane

Jaz007

Why is the spam an official Pushsquare YouTube video? This is very strange spam indeed.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

AdamantiumClaws

Went to an orthopedic surgeon today, it turns out I might not have carpal tunnel after all, but perhaps pinched nerves in both arms. He's putting me on anti-inflammatant meds, and if that doesn't help in a month's time, I'll go see him again for a nerve test. Let's hope this fixes it.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Kidfried

Sure, stop taking meds, because prayer will work just fine. Anyway, can you stop spamming the forum?

Kidfried

Jaz007

@LANA While you’re trying to do something good, and wanting to spread the word of God isn’t a bad thing, this isn’t the place for it if you look at the rules. You’ll also see people can argue a lot about religion too, so talking about religion isn’t allowed here. If you took it down you’d save our local mod some extra work. That side though, you’re welcome to share your thoughts on games and such here.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD "...you just put your lips together and blow..."

Or y'know struggle to actually bend and level the disc out!

I only have one, the WipEout Omega Collection one - which is quite nice, but useless since it came in a regular case too.

I do often see a lot of steelbook cases on ebay, probably easy and cheap enough to amass a collection I should think.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KratosMD I love the artwork on those boxes, but the problem is I wouldn't put them anywhere where I'd ever look at them again. As soon as I've finished a game, I just put in somewhere on a shelf to never look at it again.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD It's not even an outer case for the regular game case, it's a 'standard' BD steelbook - just in addition to the actual game case.
There are a couple for WipEout OC - there was a limited one styled like a PS1 case and the one I have.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Not my picture (don't have the AG ship....yet).

Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD the PS1 version is better tbf.
Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

DerMeister

@KratosMD I have two steelbooks- King of Fighters XIV and Yakuza Kiwami (Both I just found at retail). I'm still gonna try to get Kiwami 2's steelbook and I'm super jealous that you have Persona 5's steelbook.

I think the Spider-Man collector's edition has a steelbook as well, so that's another one for me.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@KratosMD You can have my WipEout one, if you'd like. I didn't even realise it came with a steelbook when I pre-ordered it, and it weirded me out because they handed me a sealed, regular copy of the game and then the steelbook separately. They did the same a couple months later with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, and now I've got two empty steelbooks sitting behind my row of PS4 games, gathering dust, because the disc wasn't ever living in them.

I have four "actual" steelbooks (games that came in them to begin with). Hitman: The Complete First Season, Injustice 2, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy and Batman: Arkham Origins. I'm not sure whether Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Croft Edition is a steelbook or not... will find out next week, I guess!

It was a trend for Blu-Rays a while back, but nowadays it seems to be the 3D or 4K releases that get them, so it's becoming less of a thing on my other shelves.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic