Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Megapoll: Best Video Game Box Art

Posts 661 to 680 of 935

mookysam

The Darkness II (PS3)
Ōkami HD (PS4)

I like that on the PS4's Ōkami it's the full image compared to the Switch's cropped version.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RR529

The Darkness II (boxed)
Okami HD JP (Switch)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WanderingBullet

The Darkness II (PS3)*
Okami HD (Switch)

*The boxed cover would definitely look better without both the PEGI rating and 2K Games logos on it.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

LieutenantFatman

Darkness PS3
Okami PS4

Not much in it though as you say.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

The Darkness II PS3

Okami HD PS4

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

The Darkness II (PS3)
Okami (Switch)

@Th3solution This feels patronising to ask, apologies, but you're good counting these, right? We'd gotten into a nice pattern back there and I'd hate to just assume, one way or the other.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JJ2

The Darkness II digital

Okami PS4

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, no problem. I’m just going to do this quick tally here and if you can be ready to count and report the upcoming full subgroup (which will be posted shortly) then that will be great.

————————

Thanks all, for your helpful input.
I think that’s sufficient response for me to make the decision on the Okami and Darkness II covers.

Darkness PS3 - 7
Darkness Digital - 2
Okami Switch - 4
Okami PS4 - 5

I’m glad I asked, because I would have chosen the Digital game cover for The Darkness II, as it has that wonderful sense of movement when shown from the side view with the monsters lunging forward while the dude is just sitting back. And I probably would have chosen the Switch version of the Okami options, just because I liked the cropping (the way you can see the full image, like the sword on the right doesn’t get cut off. Also I’m a sucker for the artistry of Chinese and Japanese stylized writing over English text)
Nevertheless, I will include the PS3 Darkness cover and the PS4 Okami covers in the upcoming group and throw out the alternate versions.

That concludes this mini-vote.
So the actual subgroup is coming right up....

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution let's do this Sol. How many groups are left?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy There is one last subgroup in Group 2, and it’s coming right up. At the completion of that subgroup we will be left with a Group 2 top 50. Then it will all be downhill, just gotta get those 50 down to a top 5 to join our earlier top 5 from round 1 retro group to create an overall top 10.
Then, we have a mega run-off of all those 10 cream of the crop! We’re close to the really fun stuff!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution It's all been fun. Been busy writing a game soundtrack and organising Rocket League tournaments (as well as helping my fam of course). What you have done has been staggering with the assist from @RogerRoger and @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and as sombre has this sounds, it's been the perfect time to dip in and out of. Hopefully the boys at the top of Push have noticed the thread.

Th3solution

Next Phase of Voting Now Starting

The last and final subgroup of the Modern Console Box Art is —

“The Leftovers: The Best for Last?”

These are the covers that have not fit in other categories, and in my opinion it has some of the best art in the group.

11 of the 43 covers will advance.

The collection can be seen here :

https://ibb.co/album/jHkn3v

Instructions for voting are the same:

• Pick your favorite 5 entries
  • Your very favorite will get 2 points. The remaining 4 will each get 1 point.
  • Put your favorite selection at the top, for ease of counting later.

You have 3 days.
At the completion of this round we will have a Group 2 top 50 to work with.

WanderingBullet

RIME (Switch) ⭐⭐
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Life is Strange 2 (PlayStation 4)
Okami HD (PlayStation 4)
Oxenfree (Xbox One)

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

HallowMoonshadow

2 Points

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

1 Point

DOOM
Okami HD
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

2 points - Sea of Thieves

Civ 6
Darkness 2
Ori and the blind forest
Type Rider

BearsEatBeets

Firewatch - 2 points (nothing to do with me playing this right now)

Oxenfree
Rime
Ori and the Blind Forest
Life is Strange 2

Civ VI just missing the cut.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Civ VI - 2 points
Abzu
Oxenfree
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

Doom - 2 points
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Enter the Gungeon
Resi 4
Wasteland 2

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Jaz007

2 points - Darkness 2
Now let’s take a moment to examine this cover.
We see him there, sitting gloomily. He’s looking down, a beautiful gun in each hand, sitting in a throne-like chair is expensive looking clothes. Behind him are two monsters ferociously looking out. This man has power, a great evil power that is very violent, looking for it’s next victim. But in this power, this darkness that’s is all he’s found, darkness for himself. He looks alone despite his monsters being right there and attentive, depressed. He looks like he has wings, but they look withered, dead, almost their thorny - he seems weighted down rather than elevated by these wings, his endowment. The misery evil and power has brought him is so beautifully drawn.

Untitled
@Th3Solution I’ll narrow down and add the others later, but I just wanted to bring some attention to this cover in the meantime.

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.