Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 3,698

Nei

@kyleforrester87 as long as Cloud effectively becomes Lightning when he is in drag, I'll be all sorted 😉

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

Feena wrote:

@kyleforrester87 as long as Cloud effectively becomes Lightning when he is in drag, I'll be all sorted 😉

if it's like this that will be enough
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo OMG, a shade of pink and we are there!

@kyleforrester87 it's called FFXIII but it's a bit controversial, or so I hear.

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i played that game, i loved it and i don't understand why people jump on it so much, all the FF games are linear it's just they hid it better and as for the auto battle well people don't have to use it but on FFXII with the right gambits that game plays itself and no one minds

like FFV, FFXIII is a underrated gem, although it's sequels were completely unneeded and we all know they only made them to fill the gap left by Agito XIII and Vs XIII as thy had sold 3 FFXIII games to Sony and MS

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I don't have any hate sentiment toward 13, I actually love the combat system and I like Lighting, she's a no-nonsense girl. It's not my favourite but I played a lot of worse jrpgs...I actively despise Noel and Sarah from XIII-2, they are straight out of generic anime JRPG land. Lightning returns was very very interesting as a game but the story was botched because of the previous game

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i played XIII-2 and LR and while i did enjoy them i always tell people to avoid them and just play XIII as XIII had a resolute ending anyway and didn't need any sequels

the whole reason for the time travel stuff was to undo XIII's ending anyway

NathanUC

FFXIII-2 has a great story, but it should have been more split from FFXIIII. I think of them as an alternate universes to FFXIII. Caius Ballad is my favorite FF 'villain' of all time, hands down.

I'm still waiting for a Trilogy HD edition for PS4.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

FullbringIchigo

@NathanUC the best thing they could have done was NOT use time travel

FFXIII-2 would have been 10x better if they Had Lightning go missing while trying to find a way to help Fang and Vanille, then had Snow go look for her, this explains why they both vanished, have Noel just be a guy from the Village they lived in who is friends with Serah and Caius be an bad guy from Fang and Vanilles time that was released from Crystal Stasis after the events from XIII, then you explore Pulse while fighting Caius and attempting to find Light also drop the creature capture and have guest party members who help during each chapter, like Hope or Sazh etc and then in the final chapter have Light on your team in an epic boss battle against Caius

NathanUC

@FullbringIchigo I feel like the time trail was only there to appease those who were upset with the linearity of FFXIII. It was a weak addition, but I suppose it was cheaper/easier than making a full world.

The EDF deploys!!

FullbringIchigo

@NathanUC they could have still used the gates and smaller hub worlds but just have them as teleporters instead of Time Travel devices

now i'm not saying it's a bad game i enjoyed it, i'm just saying it wasn't really needed

NathanUC

@kyleforrester87 Yeahhhhh putting all FF conversations in one thread isn't exactly ideal. It would be like having a "Sports General Decisions" thread... although I suspect it would be nothing but soccer on this site.

The EDF deploys!!

Tasuki

So I have to ask, is the FFIX a remake for the PS4, or is it an emulation of the PS one game or what??

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Nei

@Tasuki remaster in HD for PS4 with some optional "boosters" to make it easier to swallow its age (you can fast forward battles, activate no random encounters kinda like in Bravely Default etc.).

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki It uses original assets but it's not an emulation. The 3d sprites have been remade at a higher resolution. Backgrounds have been tweaked but due to the low res of the originals they do stand out quite poorly. The text, menus, icons, character profile pictures etc have all been redone at a higher resolution. FMVs are all original and have the same compression.

A remaster it is not...

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@Tasuki @kyleforrester87 It's the best way to play the original game today.
It's right there in the middle with a remaster...curated re-release maybe? It's basically what Nintendo did with Ocarina of time and Majora on 3DS but it has more optional gameplay tweaks. The FMVs are displayed in higher resolution than via emulation but still suffer from the compression.

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki it's just the P.C Steam version and remastered in the same way FFVII was, it's more of an upscale really

Tasuki

Hmmm maybe I will snag it then. I never played it to be honest, but I have heard that FFIX was more of a love letter to older FF games which I enjoy alot more then current ones.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic