Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 3,698

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki As @Feena says its the best way to play the game now, assuming you want to play it on a HD or UHD TV. I can't play PS1 games on my TV because its too big and it just looks horrific. So this upscale means I can play arguably the best FF game without going back to a small CRT and dusting off my PS1.

Untitled

Untitled

If I gave the impression it's not a good way to play FF9, that was not my intention.

But then, I think anyway to play FF9 is an awesome way to play FF9.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 the OG PS1 version is good to play on the Vita too, might have something to do with the small screen though but it looks great on there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DerMeister

Decided to take the plunge and buy FFIX. Might not have a better chance to get it. Considering I'm still playing FFVII as well as having other games and RPGs, it may take some time before I really get into it.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

2 issues I noticed - the music sounds kinda tinny? I don't know if that's because I'm not used to hearing it through bigger speakers, or the compression they've used.

Secondly the analogue controls seem inferior to the original - I don't know if that's something to do with it being a port of the PC version (designed for wasd keyboard control)? Anyone else feeling that?

Edit: loving the character models though. Already noticing way more small details on the main cast and NPCs

kyleforrester87

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 In regards to the music, I remember reading that the PC version of VII wound up using MIDI format. I'm no sound expert, but I heard it made the soundtrack quality inferior to the console version. I was wondering if it was the same story here. Probably not, but I was curious if the soundtrack got nerfed again.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister Indeed the PC version did originally launch with inferior music but they patched the good stuff in and the PS4 version launched with that update.

It doesn't seem to be the case here, but it's not that exactly bad - I'm just noticing it lol

More annoying really is the 8 way movement - which I swear is new - im using the Dpad to control as it is easier now. Again it's fine, but it's a shame coz the original felt great with the analogue stick.

Running round Evil forest now - love this game!

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i noticed the Analog control thing but when you take into account this is a port of the P.C version, that itself was a port of the ios version, 2 systems that DON'T have analog control as standard it's not surprising and it's not really an issue because as you said the D-Pad controls are MUCH better than the PS1 original and you can always use those

also i too am loving the new character models they look fantastic, just goes to show how good the OG games art style really was

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo I was always such a fan of how the characters felt with the analogue sticks on PS1, Vivi in particular during the first section. Just a bit of a bummer that they've not carried that feeling over in the port. It's fine, though.

Character models are awesome. I never realised it was Blank stood outside the right side tower in Alexandria stopping Steiner from going up lol.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i did, speaking of Steiner did you remember to get your free random item from the Queen and talk to ALL the Knights of Pluto

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 yeah i got a Moonstone too and i got the 100 approval from the audience but during the encore i pressed Square instead of Circle once and my encore only got a 86, pretty big drop for a single mistake, ungrateful gits, all that work putting on a show and just because i fell down once 14 people were unhappy

bloody nobles should go back to Treno, not like they could do better

Nei

More story cutscenes and tweaks to the hunts coming as a free update to XV.

And Ravus is in Episode Ignis, if you don't see me posting here on PushSquare for a long time it's because my ovaries exploded.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena it looks like the free story stuff deals with Shiva and Ifrit, i wonder how that will fit into the story?

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I somehow figured out what happened with those two but just because I really wanted to...it surely could be explained more organically but yeah I wonder where they'll insert this... Maybe the train chapters? Or a free "episode"?

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i'm thinking it's going to be added to the main menu like Verse 2 was so you can access it whenever you want to

johncalmc

Man, this Final Fantasy XII platinum is a slog. It seems like no matter how much progress I make I've still got a billion things left to do.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc there are a couple of tricky ones but I found them pretty challenging / entertaining - trial mode stage 100 was intense.

johncalmc

@Feena I don't think this one is as bad as FFX. That's got a ridiculous amount of busy work. This one at least it's quite varied. I'm just going after the Espers, then I've got to finish the hunts (I'm up to hunt 32) and then I've got to go find all the magics and technics I don't have. Then I think I'm pretty much ready for the trials.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic