Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 3,698

jdv95

played the demo which was also my first ever FF experience!

it was very good fun.

did have some trouble first time with the boss though but did manage to defeat it on my 2nd try.

set the timer on 30 minutes because i did not know how it would effect things if i picked 20 (again it was my very first FF).

oh and yeah baret was a bit of a bellend but i guess he will appreciate cloud more as time goes on right?

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

FullbringIchigo

@jdv95 that's how he was in the original too, he didn't trust him because not only was he a merc but he also once worked for the very company they were fighting against

literally one of the earliest things he says to Cloud in the PS1 original was "Ex-SOLDIER huh, don't trust yah"

but yeah eventually he warms to him, you can even date him in the PS1 original if you do it right

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

jdv95

@FullbringIchigo dating him huh? sure that could be fun

but yeah i thought he would indeed become friends with cloud.

jdv95

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Nice read up, makes me want to play it. It may not finish in my lifetime, but I'm leaning towards playing it anyway (the fact that Persona 5: The Royal comes out ten days before is what deters me).
As for the reviewer complaining, c'mon, they gave sammy a Japanese game to play, a JRPG to play. What did you think was gonna happen? The day that man doesn't find something to complain about in a JRPG is the day the Earth stands still.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 that's true i suppose :laugh:

but on about the time it's gonna take well now the engine and many assets are in place i don't think it's going to take as long as people think after all production of this part only took so long because they had to start again half way through when the partnership with CyberConnect2 broke down

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

jdv95

i don't know if i am to optimistic but would it be realistic to expect part 2 around the end of 2021?

nah that's perhaps pushing luck thinking about it.

jdv95

FullbringIchigo

@jdv95 sometime in 2022 probably i reckon

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 I can absolutely believe the quality might drop off at the point where the demo we’ve played ends, for a little while at least, so can appreciate Sammy’s comments. Of course, not long to find out for ourselves. I mean, if you’re talking about his distaste for Persona 5, I hate that game too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I didn’t hate it, the first boss was great. Then it got worse and worse. And the cool music and the flashy menus were so repetitive. And the cat, man the cat. And the way the game took control away from you for in-game days on end. And the way it took as long to make a lock pick as it did to crawl through an entire dungeon. And the way they ruined a great sound track with it being sooo repetitive. And did I mention the repetitive music? And the cat. Man, the cat. And the endless exposition. Okay, we get it, we’re on the 7th dungeon, we don’t need to run through everything that happened up until this point. And the cat. And the music. And the cat. And the music. And the damn lock picks.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 To be fair, it’s one of my favourite games this gen but I was hoping I could strangle the cat. It’s called Morgana/Mona, two girl names, yet is a weird randy 12 year old boy on the inside? The music’s brilliant but I guess it could be a little repetitive on occasion, Mementos in particular. Don’t worry, I’m the same person who dislikes Bloodborne but likes the other Souls games so it’s not the most unpopular opinion here!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@nessisonett I didn’t hate it, the first boss was great. Then it got worse and worse. And the cool music and the flashy menus were so repetitive. And the cat, man the cat. And the way the game took control away from you for in-game days on end. And the way it took as long to make a lock pick as it did to crawl through an entire dungeon. And the way they ruined a great sound track with it being sooo repetitive. And did I mention the repetitive music? And the cat. Man, the cat. And the endless exposition. Okay, we get it, we’re on the 7th dungeon, we don’t need to run through everything that happened up until this point. And the cat. And the music. And the cat. And the music. And the damn lock picks.

Ha ha ha I agree with you here kyle... And I quite liked Persona 3 and 4 at the time but I really didn't enjoy Persona 5 all that much... I kinda finished it out of stubborness more then anything 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 P5 was a tad strange. Stylish and cool. But the way too long and trite superstition overextended the story segments to a laborious degree. The main arc and characters (both your team and npcs) didn't carry the weight of its previous entree, although graphically it looked fantastic. The dungeons seemed to drag like the story, again on paper they seemed better than p4g but I beat them with a groan rather than punching the air.

It was a bad call personally playing it shortly after p4g and FFx, the story wasn't good enough compared to those behemoths.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Quick question for the forum massive. I'm currently writing a few music tracks in dreams so don't really want to be sidetracked. However FF7 remake is the biggest game ever, should I give the demo a whirl?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy It’s a great demo but its still a month until the game comes out so don’t feel like you have to rush!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yes. Not sure why you would need to ask really.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

Also, I think it was intentional dramatic irony when Wedge says "You'll protect us... right, Cloud?" 😭

So many of the things that were emotional before are going to kill me this time around. One thing I hope they add is actually saying good bye to Aeris' adoptive mom. In the original the last time anyone sees her is the before Cloud sneaks out the house. She's never mentioned again, she's just waiting in the house forever for Aeris to return.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic