Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 3,698

nessisonett

@Matroska One tiny niggle I had was the prelude music not being loud enough when the woodwind comes in. I reckon that will also affect Aerith’s theme given they use the same Midi instruments. One of the most emotional moments in the whole game for me is the section with Aerith’s mum telling her backstory with the music in the background blaring. I really hope they can capture the same depth in the soundtrack because sometimes the orchestration can feel a bit flat.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Just to see your opinions. Busy on a few tracks, running a business and looking after midgets so the question should really be; Should I play the demo or just wait for full release?

@nessisonett thanks will probably play it next week.

@kyleforrester87 glad you enjoyed it Kyle.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy You have eyes and can read, yes? If you read the last couple of pages there is feed back left by a few of us...

@Matroska You might wanna put spoiler tags on some of that. Not everyone on here has played FF7 yet and the Remake will be their first experience of the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy yeah man it’s great, do get on it. Although like you say, if you’re gunna get the main game anyway there’s no harm in holding out - it does play very well.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

so i decided to try the other difficulty levels (on a side note i can confirm that choosing 20 minutes will give you a extra scene in the trailer at the end) anyway Easy mode in my opinion was too easy for me, the enemies take more damage, deal less damage and are less aggressive so i won't be using it but it's good for beginners or people who just want to experience the story classic mode is basically no different except during battle the computer will move around and attack for you while you chose commands

personally i think Normal is the best way to play, has a nice balance of difficulty and flow

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

Just so happens I making a list of my favourite FF character designs (that I've seen before) two days ago and then NHK did a poll regarding the series. haha

Protagonist:
1. Squall Leonhart
2. Lightning
3. Cloud Strife
4. Noctis Lucis Caelum
5. Noel Kreiss

Supporting (Playable characters?):
1. Tifa
2. Laguna Loire
3. Balthier
4. Yuna
5. King

Antoganist:
1. Caius Ballad
2. Sephiroth
3. Kain Highwind
4. Garland
5. Judge Gabranth

NPC:
1. Lunafreya
2. Hope Eistheim (Adult)
3. Minfilia Warde
4. Aranea Highwind
5. Lebreau

Least Favourite:
1. Tidus
2. Wakka
3. Kefka Palazzo
4. Ardyn Izunia
5. Jecht

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

nessisonett

@WanderingBullet Wakka’s a jobbie but Kefka’s the best villain in the whole series other than Sephiroth. Still, you clearly like XIII so no accounting for taste hahaha jk jk 😉

WanderingBullet

@nessisonett Doesn't matter if he's the best villain or not, I'm talking about character designs.lol Personally I dislike his design.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Nei

@WanderingBullet

I think Kain, Terra, Cloud, Aerith, Lightning, Vivi, Yuna and Noctis are the most "iconic" designs.

Cloud and Lightning are also clearly a gender swap.

My favourite is Zack <3 Hope we get to see a lot of him in the remake.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Nei

@WanderingBullet Yes, it was! And it belonged to another SOLDIER member before.
I hope we get playable flashbacks with Zack using Cloud’s interface...I mean, it would make a lot of sense, but if they strayed too much from the original game’s screenplay the FFVII zealots would probably make a big deal out of it...

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Thrillho

I just whizzed through the demo for FFVII-R and I have to say, I'm impressed.

I've only played the old school games and have always been reticent about the combat in the newer games but it really is good fun and flipping between the two characters works really well. I don't think I ever used that many potions in the original game though.

I am horrified to find that I might have been saying "mako" wrong all this time though. I've always read it as "may-ko" so Barrett's pronunciation seemed really weird..

I think the dialogue and acting gets the level of hamminess just about right as it's a game that can't really take itself too seriously. It looks ruddy amazing though and I love the little touch of seeing the materia slot on the weapons.

The headache thing is an interesting plot device to tie into the whole Zack thing. Am I missing something with Cloud seeing the feather though when they were at the reactor?

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho yeah loads of people still say May-ko but the official pronunciation has always been ma-ko

and that feather was Sephiroth, the headache isn't Zack, it never was it was Sephiroth and the whole Sephiroth clone Reunion thing, Cloud doesn't actuality remember Zack at this point, it's not until he finds and remembers his true self that he remembers Zack because at this point he thinks Zack's life as a SOLDIER was his life due to the Jenova cells and their ability to absorb memories and copy others

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Cool. It's been a long time since my last play through of the game and I'd forgotten some of the nuances of that bit of the story.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho i get that, completely understandable but i have replayed that game over 20 times so it's pretty much ingrained in my memory forever at this point

Ralizah

@Thrillho Don't worry about it too much. Took years before I figured out I was pronouncing Tifa's name wrong.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah ...how is it actually pronounced? I’ve always said Tee-fa but that’s just cause I assumed it was the Japanese pronunciation hence i becomes ee.

Ralizah

@nessisonett That's the correct way. When I first played the game, I pronounced it "Tih-fa."

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett you're right it's "Tee-fa" and you got the reason right too which is why i find it odd people still think Tidus is pronounced Tie-dus when it's really Tee-dus, it's the same for both as they both start the same with a "Ti"

of course the english dub of Kingdom Hearts 2 doesn't help because they made that mistake too

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic