Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,698

Nei

@themcnoisy: I used it several times as a gateway game to get people into FF and as a result I played it a bit too much. I like it though, Spira is a very convincing world.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

I'm not hyped. At all. I haven't loved a Final Fantasy game since IX. I'm varying degrees of annoyed with every Final Fantasy game since then. But that's not to say I'm not interested to play it. I'll order it, get it downloaded for day one, and I'll put my time into it. Even if it's only out of pure, morbid curiosity.

I'm hoping it's great for all the people that are hyped and so it can win me back, but from what I played of the demo, it didn't seem very good.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc: "Even if it's only out of pure, morbid curiosity."

Haha, that's why we all love ya man. I'm letting myself look forward to it. I've been listening to a swathe of final fantasy videos from the previous games, even ones I didn't enjoy too much and the history and story compilation is always deep and engaging. Some of the fan theories are mind blowing. So I'm SUPER HYPED!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: Get in Triple. You will blow this away with your RPG abilities. I'm thinking if we crack the game we can make a game faq or something. If your Disgaea 5 stuff is anything to go by this will be a fun thing to do!

Nei

@themcnoisy: I am. All the press previews seems really good! even the Kotaku Q&A...The combat (that I didn't like at all in the demos) has been totally revamped, so there is hope. Also: Square is showing a lot...they are very confident.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: well as i have had the game on pre-order for over 2 years i would hope i'm getting it day one

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

Yup - the last trailer was super slick. Will pick it up day one, can of red bull and a late night

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Mega-Gazz

Definitely waiting for reviews.... but as long as the combat isn't "keep pressing X to win" then I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Mega-Gazz

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy: Yeah, I pre-ordered it. I must say that my hype for it has dropped a little after countless delays and the demo. Like many, I hope they improve the combat system and I'm also curious to know how co-op works in the DLC.

It'll be interesting to see if it can score higher than World Of Final Fantasy.

But right now (Final Fantasy wise), I'm more interested in the FFXIV: Stormblood expansion coming out next year. Too bad I can't play it..:/

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@Feena: @WanderingBullet: @kyleforrester87: @FullbringIchigo: @Hego

Well I cant wait and glad to know I'm not alone. I'm too getting a few red bulls in and having a good 10 hours game time in the first couple of days. As W-Bullet mentions we should try the co-op out at some point too!

themcnoisy

Woah, right past my house it went. The best bus advert ever. Noctis bearing down through my front window.

The most ambitious RPG ever made! Get in Square that's made my morning. Cant wait.

Mega-Gazz

@johncalmc: LOL (sorry, just saw the reply now. better late than never).

But seriously, that latest 101 trailer makes it look really good - which I guess is what trailers are supposed to do. Here's hoping it turns out! Bonus if its more or less kid-friendly.

Mega-Gazz

johncalmc

I'm super excited for XV to drop now. I just want to see how this story ends. Ten years of trailers, delays, developmental nightmares... Finally it's over and we're going to get the game in our hands. I just want to see whether it all pays off or if the game crushes people's dreams. I don't have any particular inkling as to which way it's going to go, which makes it even more interesting. What I've played of it was a boring mess. Other reports are positive. So intriguing.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc: Very hyped too, since apparently the combat has been completely revamped - I wasn't really feeling it in both Duscae and Platinum Demo. In particular Kotaku's Jason Schrier said on a podcast that basically Platinum Demo was Square shooting themselves in the leg since it had basically nothing to do with how the game feels at all XD #makessense

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: i'm really looking forward to it myself but of course you will get people moaning about it not being worth the 10 year wait but you know what, to hell with them

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

My only concerns really are that the submissions and minigames will be typical padding. Breeding Chocobos was awesome, but the best thing about it is you got KOTR. I'm not going to be racing Chocobos just to get completion boxes ticked on a statistics submenu somewhere.

There are other things that bug me like the sound effects when moving through menus and that noise that sounds when you get a new mission etc. These are incredibly petty things though which I'm sure I will get used to haha.

I didn't like the icon that shows up on MGS5 when you stand over somebody to pick them up because it looks like someone sitting on a toilet, so yeah I'm weird.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

I made a Japanese PSN account and downloaded Judgement Disc... My first impressions are...I don't understand the Japanese language. Beyond that I'm impressed with how much better it looks compared to the demos. I'm running the higher frame rate option which I think I prefer, the graphics do take a bit of a knock but I think combat is better. That said, the 30fps locked option feels pretty good too. The combat is very promising. Don't want to play too much and spoil it for myself but, technically at least, it seems to be on point!

Untitled

Purty.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Nei

^Thanks for the report, madly hopeful about the combat...everybody seems to be digging it! I hope it's going to be something special

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic