Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 3,698

kyleforrester87

Just gave Kingsglaive a watch..wasn't amazing but was good with some stand out moments in particular, would certainly recommend giving it a watch if you are getting FF15...felt like an extended intro sequence.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Mega-Gazz

I'm wondering if I wait for Monday night/Tuesday morning if I'll be able to buy it w/o preorder so I can be extremely cheap and get the 10% off along with other black friday sales

Mega-Gazz

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87: My thoughts exactly. The anime was much better.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

It'll be like tea time over here in the UK.

I'm expecting the game to be divisive. It'll probably get some high scores, some low, and finish around 80-85 on Metacritic. I think some people will love the battle system and stuff, but a lot of fans will be really turned off by some of the design quirks and the pedestrian battle system.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

^ All the comments I read so far are positive on the BS...less so about the story We'll see. I am expecting 8 and 9 and yeah probably around 85 on Metacritic...I am willing to be surprised though!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

TheDoofingCritic

The Youtuber Dreamcast guy gave FFXV a 9/10 mainly criticizes the magic spells

TheDoofingCritic

PSN: Goldmarioz

Nei

I am 3 hours in, so far so good. Very good. Battle system is the biggest surprise...it's really nice! Forget those rubbish demos. Love the chemistry of the bros. Ost is GOD tier like Chun li in SF3 hahaha.

The cutscenes are ...weird? Weirdly phrased and shot. But that's nitpicking. Banter of the g guys while roaming around makes up for it.

Edited on by Nei

irken004

Funny, just like with Titanfall 2, I get interested in buying it like a week before release. I'll pick up a copy after class tomorrow.

Mega-Gazz

I'm gonna wait on it... really almost bought it but I am just getting into fallout 4 and have RotTR and XCOM in queue, DOOM to finish (recall it messes up my ps4pro), and then Nioh and Horizon:ZD waiting in february... plus I really want hellblade if that ever comes out.... so by the time I get through all that, FFXV should go on sale

Mega-Gazz

Fight_Teza_Fight

Maaaan I'm absolutely loving it!
I started of with Japanese voices but I switched over to English which has grown on me. Gladiolus is the only one that feels 'forced'.
I'm just messing about, but I'm having a blast. I actually look forward to rest at the camp, how weird is that?!
The cooking is also well done, very seamless and not really intrusive and it has a point, beyond that of satisfying the AI.

The leveling up, AP acquisition and combat really hammers home the importance of teamwork. It's not just about the main character, party growth is vital.

Only have 2 negatives so far. The stamina bar feels completely out of place, you can hide it, but timing when to stop holding down the button automatically fills up the bar instantaneously. The other issue is that once you're in the car and use the navigator you can't place a way point.

Also that boy band pose every time you access the main menu XD

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

Sounds the nuts, hopefully my copy shows up today! Does it have PS Pro options from day 1? And HDR on/off in the settings menu?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD: Yh they really nailed that. Even the arcade games are actual games. Spent like an hour on Justice monsters haha.

@kyleforrester87: There is an HDR option which is grayed out for me as I have a scrub TV and PS4

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Sounds the nuts, hopefully my copy shows up today! Does it have PS Pro options from day 1? And HDR on/off in the settings menu?

there is an option there for HDR on the standard ps4 but I think one of the two ps4 pro configurations (the one with better texture effects and fixed 1080) is in from day 1.

A small site gave the game a 6 (LOL) bringing down Metacritic 1 point...there's always someone doing it for the clicks. I mean if it's getting 8 and 9 across the board in the end you just look unreliable to me.

Nei

@kyleforrester87: Really? I thought it was clear they put a lot of work in the game (and also that it had a very troubled developement) so it's doing exactly what I predicted to do (around 85 metacritic) but I just dislike this scam some sites pull on the biggest releases to get clicks. Metacritic should get rid of the highest and lowest review to be fair, even if it is a toxic instrument that should be not exist at all imho.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic