Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,678

Nei

@kyleforrester87: I din't like the combat very much, I found it messy. The story was alright but none of the character really clicked with me...it really captured the spirit of the final fantasies of yore though!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: did you go through it multiple times in order to get the true ending?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@Feena: It was a bit messy but once you got the hang of it and found a few characters that you clicked with I found it a lot of fun hitting the triggers at the right time. The girl with the two guns and the backpack was my favourite, then Queen with the sword Some of the male characters were a bit annoying.

@FullbringIchigo: Naw I didn't have the stomach to play it through anymore, I started a save but I was done with it by that point. Kinda liked the ending I saw, though, as sad as it was lol

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@kyleforrester87: I din't like the combat very much, I found it messy. The story was alright but none of the character really clicked with me...it really captured the spirit of the final fantasies of yore though! @FullbringIchigo: hahaha I didn't mind the game itself - it was interesting if not good - it reminded me A LOT of Valkyrie Profile...just the story was seriously MEH.

Edited on by Nei

themcnoisy

Some great news on the FF15 front. First impressions have been great by those with the 5 chapter media demo that's been floating around. Not long to go now!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

themcnoisy wrote:

Some great news on the FF15 front. First impressions have been great by those with the 5 chapter media demo that's been floating around. Not long to go now!

Really? I am on a self proclaimed embargo from FFXV related media...this gives me hope! Whose impressions exactly?
Did Jason from Kotaku comment? That guy is usually a good indicator from me, very similar taste.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: Good stuff - as a fan of Type-0 and knowing it's been directed by the same guy I've been optimistic the game will deliver.. I like the guy!! Demos aside, I'm hoping once I'm stuck into the story and know the characters better the more obvious problems it seems to have will fall to one side

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@Feena: @kyleforrester87: Yeah Im on an embargo to so I didn't read so much either, when the article went into detail I stopped reading. The fighting's more tactical than its given credit for and you can plough through the story if you don't want the sub mission bits. The camaraderie between the characters is meant to be great too. So all in all those are my biggest fears put to bed.

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

I like the guy!!

I know right? Tabata is so calm and transparent, I really like him too. I hope FFXV turns out well - this guy seems to have literally done all he could.

Thank you @themcnoisy for the report, really glad to know the bromance is strong with this one and the combat isn't horrible!

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD: yep on the Vita because to be honest the way it's built it feels very much like it was made for the Vita and ported to the PS4

it really does feel like a Portable game but it's still loads of fun

also the graphics aint that much worse thanthe PS4 version

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@KratosMD: Due to the smaller screen the graphics dont matter as much. Some of the games I'm playing look bloomin marvellous. I'm waiting on ff15 for my next new rpg fix though so woff will have to wait. The timing of its release is crazy too.

Funnily I'm running through ffx on vita can someone help?

I backtracked to try the lightning trophy (200 in a row wtf impossible) and now when I'm trying to get back to were I was at I will just approach a guado or sorcerer and they will call me heathen and unleash an unstoppable summon who smacks you for 99999 damage. How the hell do you get back? (I was passed Seymour flux in a cave with pretty tough enemies)

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: doesn't sound like you have the airship so you can't warp but if you got to the thunder planes without triggering the dark aeon (i take it the aeon in question is dark ixion) then you should be able to get back to mount gagazet too

if not then i think you may have broken your game by going back to an area you wasn't meant to yet and activating an optional boss, it's why you should leave things like that until you have the airship

so you may have to start again

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

themcnoisy

I've been smashed by dark Shiva and dark ixion. I can mooch around but I get upto the ice temple and you cant go through as he just summons dark ixion. At the lightning bit dark shivs spawns and on the light trail in the trees some dudes blocking off the path I think I need to take and he spawns a badass summon too. Noooooooooooooo.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: yeah sounds like you broke it

your gonna have to start again unless you have another save from before you went back the the thunder plains

Nei

@themcnoisy: @FullbringIchigo: I really don't think you can break FFX - we would be well aware of this by now! Where are you trying to go exactly?

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo: @Feena: I got back to the calm lands woo hoo. I followed a map on game faqs. I had to go right immediately entering the woods (I was trying every other exit) then go straight ahead x2 and then you are back at the calm lands. I also jumped on a chocobo and took a secret jump and found the chocobo race around the temple. Get in, hopefully I can get the chocobo champion trophy.

Nei

@themcnoisy: Good luck :with those suicidal gullwings! And don't hesitate to ask for anything, that is gotta be one of the JRPGs I played the most...like 6-7 playthroughs >_>

themcnoisy

@Feena: Its probably my least played modern ff other than ff9. I've played 6,7,8,12 and 13 through at least twice. FFX I've started about the same amount of times as 9, and only finished the once. Loads of the secrets I come across are a surprise, as I don't know the game as well as the others. Suffice my paltry trophy score.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: great now you can carry on with no problems (PS you have a REAL tough boss fight coming up if you have neglected your equipment)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic