Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 3,698

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo towards the end of ff15 I twigged I could mix and use an experience multiplying spell in combination with a hotel. Boom crazy levels later I was overpowered. Just killing a set of blobs on the beach was crazy exp.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yep, there is always a way to break a FF game if you know how

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

what if Square Enix kept the original American Final Fantasy Logo

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Tifa is out for Dissidia NT NOW
Untitled

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I love that mock up. The colouring is a touch off mind.

(the FF15 box cover)

Edited on by themcnoisy

Nei

I completed FFX once again (on Switch), lovely game - I still have minimal understanding of who/what YuYevon is XD

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@Feena Yu Yevon was the leader of zanarkand when it was in a war with Bevelle. When Zanarkand was on the verge of annihilation, he used the last remaining citizens to summon dream zanarkand and sin. Which then set in motion the cycle of events with sin attacking anything that threatens either dream zanarkand or has too much tech.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah what @themcnoisy says pretty much covers it

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I love it!

Then again you still think FF10 is about time travel. Tidus is from Dream Zanarkand.

Nei

@themcnoisy thank you! This was never explained in game though, am I right? I paid a lot of attention - it's just a minor gripe I have with the game though...

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

So anyone tried out Tifa on Dissidia NT yet?

Untitled

she plays almost exactly the same as she did on Dissidia 012, so she's really easy to pick up and play for those who played that game

and fun too, her and Snow are probably the best of the DLC characters

themcnoisy

@Feena It was explained in quite a lot of detail towards the end.

Nei

@themcnoisy it wasn't, really... He is only (briefly!) referred to by Bahamut's fayth, Yunalesca and Maester Mika in short dialogues I had to come here and read a wiki to get more details and the wiki refers to an Ultimania Story guide that was released only in Japan 😅 I am not hating on the game (it must be the FF I played the most times) but it does weirdly drop Yu Yevon on you hastily and without too much information imho. Maybe I am missing a dialogue or something, it did seem weird

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

so i caught a video on YouTube that suggested that teh FINAL FANTASY VII Remake is NOT a timed exclusive and is in fact a FULL PS exclusive, the video mentioned that on the official Square Enix support site it confirms it's PS4 only, no XB1 or P.C release coming

now of course this was a YouTube video so i decided to check it out myself and low and behold the official support site DOES say it's PS4 exclusive
Untitled

also here is the link if people want to check it themselves, it's the official site

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=78560&a...

but perhaps someone here like @get2sammyb or @ShogunRok could do some digging to check it out, could be news worthy

ShogunRok

@FullbringIchigo As far as we know, this is still "coming first" to PlayStation 4 — that's the official lingo that Square Enix has always used when the game's been shown in public.

That said, it's still interesting. We'll definitely look into it and obviously report on any developments. It might be a while before we get a definitive answer though.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@ShogunRok true but they have also dropped that particular line from promos and trailers, it wasn't there at the E3 event after all, it just said "PS4" but your right, it's interesting as to just what's going on

ShogunRok

@FullbringIchigo Yeah we just don't know the details of whatever contract Square Enix has with Sony. It'd make things much more simple if we did!

Edited on by ShogunRok

ShogunRok

Twitter:

DerMeister

Considering the original title went multiplatform, I'd be surprised if the remake stayed fully exclusive. Having people play the original would be a great way to prime them for the remake, get as much sales as possible.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic