Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 3,698

JohnnyShoulder

I think that would melt the internet if that were to happen.

Maybe it will come out on other platforms when the 'complete' edition is out?

And on that subject, I don't think the next part will take as long to develop, Squenix have already done the ground work so in theory the next parts we shouldn't have to wait another 3 years for them to come out.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder @DerMeister well to be fair to Square if it did happen, they never once said it was coming to XB1 or P.C just that it was "Play it first on PS4" (a tag line they have since dropped but then again we know a lot has changed behind the scenes on this game, new engine, new production team, new voices) and that could mean anything, it could have just meant that a complete edition would be released on PS5 afterwards, people have just assumed that it was coming to other systems

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

OK quick question fellow FF fans

Which design of Clouds Buster Sword is best?, the Buster Sword has gone through a few changes over it's life but which is the best?

Original FFVII, Dissidia and Smash Bros
Untitled

Compilation Advent Children and Crisis Core
Untitled

Kingdom Hearts Kingdom Hearts 1 and Dissidia
Untitled

Remake FFVII Remake
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

just got this, anyone else read the FF books?
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@Frigate if i remember correctly they were magic restraints to limit his power

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo there no way you would catch me reading the ff13-2 books. The Game was better than 13 as a game. But the story was guff of the highest order. Not even a level 99 Curaga direct from the lcie falcie master blaster could solve that nonsense.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy i enjoyed XIII-2 although it was a game that really wasn't even meant to exist, as much as Square keep saying that there was always going to be a XIII trilogy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns were not going to be the other games, they was going to be Agito XIII and VsXIII but when they became Type-0 and XV respectively Square had to fulfil the original licence they sold Sony and Microsoft and produce 2 more XIII games, that's why XIII-2 used time travel to change XIII's original ending, it was never meant to exist in the first place

of course i would have done it differently and had the story being that Lightning disappeared while exploring Pulse one day and Snow went to find her then he disappeared Serah and Snows protege Noel went on a journey to find them on the journey they would encounter Caius and he was the one who defeated Lightning and Snow and imprisoned them because he was a fanatical follower of Barthandelus and wants to destroy the crystal pillar holding up cocoon and bring forth Eden

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo one thing about FF I love is the story is usually fairly believable within the environment your heroes are set in. There's usually a very good reason to go and get amongst it. Every mainline games story is fantastic starting 6 through 15. Every story is great and worth playing through.

In 13-2 lightning is in some crazy weird fight with a god riding a unicorn (or something equally as ridiculous I have tried to exclude from my mory banks) at the start and it is all downhill from that low point. You are introduced to the worst protagonists in history in noal and serah who then collect monsters pokemon style for no good reason other than noal has snazzy trousers. You go back and forwards in time which is always the point in which stories lose the complete plot (unless it's the point of the story like Back to the future or into the Spiderverse) - and the implementation is basically a poor man's version of Zelda a link between time with more talking and collecting a rune / key / 50 years ago to place on a pedestal in another year etc. Its just stupid, contrived and far too out there to maintain any belief in what's going on. Which is a pity as the game itself features a ton of great features I appreciated. But the story was utter nonesense.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah unless you do everything in XIII-2 and play Lightning Returns the story is a bit of a mess and in principle the idea of traveling to different time lines isn't a bad one but it's obvious that the games was rushed to fill the gap left by changing Agito and Vs into different games

it's probably why they did that book in the first place because it does seem to fill in some of the gaps (i haven't finished it yet)

Nei

I read that! Found it quite amusing tbh, I wish they would have incorporated these fragments better in the original game (that btw I liked just fine)

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i did too and it's like i said to my mate who didn't like the XIII sequels "at least they didn't do what they did to X in a book and blow up Tidus"

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo so when do you reckon we will hear about ff16 bro?

@Feena Alrite fee haven't seen your comments for a while. How's things?

Nei

@themcnoisy Hey pal! I recently became a flight attendant and my schedule is... up in the air. Alrite, I'll sit in the corner for the bad pun but that is basically it. How are things for you?

themcnoisy

@Feena haha. Nice. I'm actually in Malta right now so was on a plane on Thursday funnily enough. Which airline are you with?

Gotta practice your pre takeoff warning thingy. Absolutely hate that before each flight it starts putting questions into your head you haven't thought about since the last time you flew.

What if the engine caught fire? How many parachutes are on board? Could I survive a drop into the ocean? What if I hit a tree? Etc. It's pretty scary actually. I may just stay in Malta.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy not until FFVII Remake is done i reckon

Nei

@themcnoisy BA. I used to get kind of flustered about it too. Now they've changed the drill to "in the unlikely case of an emergency..." Hahaha. Have a lovely time in Malta! Enjoying my only day off this week playing vidoegames

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

even the official Twitter get's in on the joke

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo cannot wait for the FF8 redo. Totally forgot it was coming out!

Fancy a race to disc 2 Ichigo?

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy your on

kyleforrester87

I wonโ€™t lie I am a excited to replay this. FF9 HD was a bit of a let down for me, they really messed up the feel of the game with the 8 way controls and laggy menus, but I have a hell of a lot of love for that game where as Iโ€™ve never had such a strong obsession with 8 so iโ€™ll probably forgive it for any such changes.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic