Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 3,698

themcnoisy

@Th3solution You have to play ff15 bro. It was great and my goty last year. Hearing of all the improvements over the last 12 months Ive considered replaying it myself.

Totally agree that 13-2 is forgettable. Great run down.

@kratosMD only a few days now mate and I will find out if trails is a better rpg than ff.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@KratosMD my favourite ps1 onwards ff goes 8-10-15-7-13-12-9 so that should be an easy win for trails. I love 8 because it was so easy to manipulate the systems, and disc1 was an absolutely brilliant story. But yeah 9 isnt really for me.

Th3solution

@KratosMD I haven’t really kept up with information about the ff7 remake so yes, if they are changing gameplay, you’re absolutely right, you need to throw 7 in there, and probably sooner rather than later. Probably put 7 in place of 6 and then do 6 later after 12 or 15.
I sure hope they don’t change too much of 7. The materia and turn based battle system was brilliant. And the characters and story are great, I think. The whole thing is so iconic. Don’t ruin this, Square Enix.

@themcnoisy I bought FFXV on day 1 and fully intend to indulge in the adventures of Noctis and company eventually. It’s a game I would have played at release but life forced me into a detour of sorts and before I knew it I was into other things. Meanwhile they keep updating and adding to the game, so it seems to be getting better and better. I’m kind of glad I waited now, with the new update allowing control of all the party members and all. But I really do need to get to it soon.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, I’m with you. I have been a long time FF fan and had been looking forward to XV for a while and preordered it a few weeks in advance.
I actually received the game in the mail from Amazon on Day 1 without issue, but had personal things in life that got in the way of playing it and I ended up committing myself to finishing Persona 4 Golden first and I loved that game and maxed out all the social links and it just took longer than expected. Then I got got distracted by Rise of the TR I think was next, then it just got further away, and I decided to play other things.

But this is how I think of it, at least I bought it day 1 and supported the game and the developer. Maybe my extra money helped to make them commit to the game more and help keep all this continuous support and updates going on that the game has had over the last year.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

TODAY IS THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF FINAL FANTASY (18th December)

Untitled

here's to 30 years

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

i just thought but 30 years of this epic franchise anyone got any fan art or other fan projects they would like to share

any FF game it doesn't matter

i'll go first

how about a picture of Squall from FFVIII

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I dunno if you heard my final fantasy track linked on comment 1091 but thats kinda similar. Nice picture. You can design a cd cover for me if you like.

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i got a Vivi somewhere too

i have a lot of drawings in boxes all over the place, i draw quite often

i also have portraits of all the FFVII party members somewhere too, a few FFX characters and one of Cloud, Squall and Zidane playing a PS1 but that's not finished yet (still in the rough sketch phase on that one)

oh and this one of Cloud

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah FFIX had a lot of great features and improved upon others, in terms of game play it was the best of the classic turn based style in my opinion, it also had a great cast, a good story and a good world

a very underrated classic Final Fantasy

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Very nice drawing skills! You can be in charge of art direction for the Push Square game that we create. 😜

Elodin

Can someone tell me if the deluxe edition of ff 15 is worth the $10 extra? It has each character episode and bonus and holiday pack.
@KratosMD To keep it fresh I would keep 12 and 15(don't own yet, only watched lots of gameplay) apart. Meaning play a different ff in-between due to slightly simular battle systems as in running around live action style. Although the stories are so different playing shouldn't get stale no matter which you play. I have not played 5, 6, 8, and 9.

Elodin

themcnoisy

@KratosMD I would like to hear your opinion on ff10 tbh. Any excuse to talk about that game! The story is amazing.

FF12 is great, but the story isnt even approaching the same level of greatness.

Th3solution

@KratosMD @themcnoisy 10 is so great (as is 12 so there is no wrong choice), and 10 is not all that similar to 9 really in my mind. Between the sphere grid, the summoning changes where the summoned aeon replaces the party and fights in your place for a while, the change in traversal on the map from an over head view, the drastic difference in characters and art style and world, and of course ... blitzball.. there are plenty of differences from 9 to keep it fresh. It is still a turned based battle system with a few new wrinkles, but most everything else feels different. I’m embarrassed to say how much time I spent playing the blitzball mini game - building up my team, getting new players, etc. I found it quite addictive.
And I agree that 12’s story is not up to par in comparison, but the different battle system was very fun for me and the game’s art style was fantastic. It was just packaged so well.

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@KratosMD The battle system for 10-2 is quite different and the gameplay is definitely fresh in comparison with the dresspheres and garment grid class based system, so that wouldn’t bore you most likely. It is more open world feeling as I recall too. Some of the main characters carry over, and I won’t spoil anything here, but the portrayal of them is very different. The story just is quite silly and is the weak point for me. It is set in the same world so the aesthetics will seem familiar.
Overall, it is an enjoyable game, if you can get past some of the game’s (unintentional?) silliness. It is the anti-FFXV with an all girls squad, so gotta give Square-Enix credit for keeping things in balance. But I agree that you should play the main line games first, as there is not enough plot relation to FFX that you couldn’t catch up later to know where X-2 picks up. Of course if you fall in love with Spira and the whole “feel” of FFX, then you can roll straight into X-2. Otherwise, my advise would be to save it for later.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD my advice is to avoid 10-2.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD yeah, we've talked about this before. Final fantasy 7-12 had less competition from other long games so they seemed a good length. Now its more of a curse when revisiting them. FF10 on my last run took me 18 months from start to finish and I hardly got any trophies. Quality game though and the advanced sphere grid is brilliant.

themcnoisy

@ZurapiiYohane Do we have any idea why ubisoft and squeenix are teaming up like this? Fair play as the characters fit but it seems a bit weird to me.

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane @themcnoisy i think it's to cover production costs of FFXV, don't forget it went through at least 2 engine changes, numerous team and director changes AND went from a PS3 to a PS4 game over it's 10 year production, it cost Square a lot of money they were never go to recoup from sales alone so they had to sign sponsorship deals and i think these colabs are part of those deals

and personally i don't mind, The Assassin's Festival in FFXV was pretty fun but i don't have AC Origins yet so i probably will not get to play the FFXV content but apparently it's pretty fun

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah the formula to calculate damage with forks is different so you will sometimes get low/higher power attacks.

I generally never play with Quina (although I do like him/her as a character!) but once you learn Level 5 Death blue magic you can use that spell to easily kill Grand Dragons (those OP monsters the moogle warned you about outside Gizamaluke's Grotto) for a ton of XP.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic