Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,698

johncalmc

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I know, but my point is that I'd be interested in it if it did. Like if it filled the massive gaps in the story to make the story better. I liked Final Fantasy XV but I could have loved it if it wasn't such a mess. I just wish the DLC fixed that a bit.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

also Dissidia NT Noctis story mode cutscene was released on Youtube by PlayStation

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo @johncalmc @feena @kyleforrester87 @WanderingBullet I finally got around to uploading the final fantasy remix I've been working on. Its pretty good for a first go. Let me know what you think!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

SO anyone play through episode Ignis yet, it's awesome and that alternate ending OH BOY it's brilliant

Square should REALLY add this ending as an option in the main game too and as they already said FFXV isn't getting a sequel, what happens wont affect anything really at all

(i honestly suggest you check it out but be careful that last boss is a doozie)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

also before anyone complains about NOT being able to control other characters out side of battle REMEMBER

you could only control the other characters in battle in EVERY FF game, pretty sure it was the main character you controlled outside of battles in the others as well unless it was a scripted event (bar FF12 of course as that really didn't have a main character)

it was Tidus you controlled in FFX for example regardless of if he was currently in your active team

it was the Warrior of Light in FFI

it was Lightning in FFXIII

it was Cloud in FFVII etc, etc but you get my point bar a few segments in some games it was always the main character outside of battle so whats different here?

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy Not bad, dood. That being said, I'm also not familiar with FFVII music so can't really give my opinion it compared to the original.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet thank you! Im looking for inspiration for a new track. I might even make a pushsquare theme tune with sound effects off various games!

So Ive got ff6 on the snes mini to look forward to. Does anyone have any tips?

Nei

@themcnoisy Thank you so much, I will give it a liste for sure. Sorry for the late reply and sorry to any of you I might not have replied to in these days. It's been hectic at work. I barely have time to do anything beside work and family stuff.
Christmas will save my gaming, hopefully.

edit: I listened to it. Very eerie yet upbeat! Good job!

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

belmont

Just beat the Ignis story. In my opinion is the best of the three extra adventures. It also has multiple endings!

Edited on by belmont

belmont

DerMeister

@themcnoisy I'll listen to it when my browser stops being a brat. Technology in my home has been the pits recently.

I like the music in FFVII, and whatever remixes I've heard of the soundtrack have been pretty good. I look forward to hearing it.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

themcnoisy

@DerMeister thanks man, its 3 tunes mixed up. The interlude, end of the battle theme tune and barretts theme. Made it for everyone in this thread.

@feena thank you. Work sucks, we all need jobs at square enix.

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I have just beat Final Fantasy XII.
I've been pretty vocal about my hatred for this game in the past. Couldn't get past the opening 5 hours on PS2, but after 40 hours or so..I've enjoyed it...I think.

I'll be honest, I could barely follow the story at times and didn't really care for the characters, but I liked the gameplay. It was mindless at times, but I've always found comfort in a grindy RPG.
The game ended on a real high note & it sure is pretty! Square did a fantastic job on the remaster- it could pass for a current gen title.

That's another Final Fantasy done.
Got 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10 to go.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@KratosMD kratos have you listened to my ff remix? That will get you in the mood. Comment 1091.

Thats the last time i plug any of my music until we all make a game in dreams.

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Really liked how you gave your own spin to the track. Go ahead and make some more

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD I actually don't want to be in the mood to play FFVII to be honest. Remake is still such a way off...

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried @KratosMD thank you! Cheers and I will make some more.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy Great track! I also liked Peach Schnapps. Looking forward to more.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight thanks bro that means a lot.

I would say hit up ffx next. The story is my favourite of all the final fantasy games and only truly reveals itself later in the game. Tidus and Yuna are proper annoying but Auron, Wakka and Seymour are great! Some of the battles are really tough and you would like it.

At times its a tad old school, the voice cast also had a tough time. Being one of the first voiced epic rpgs the actors had to voice their lines in the same space as the japanese version. Which means on occassion they have to speak very quickly or very slowly.

Being a trophy hoarder you have a super tough choice to make. You can either play the game you are meant to play in the Advanced sphere grid which is almost impossible to trophy, or play on the linear sphere grid were the characters have a more archetype progression system which is less fun but easier to trophy.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Nice remix, bro. It does really get one in the mood for some Final Fantasy!

@KratosMD I am by no means a FF expert, but I’ve played all you listed except for XV, VI, and Lightning returns — all of which I would like to eventually play, but for now, I can only comment on the others.
The most forgettable is 13-2, and to a lesser extent 13, although they were enjoyable in their own way. 7 is good mainly in that it was a milestone type of game and needs to be experienced just because of the history of JRPGs and how influential it was, but since you have plenty of others, maybe you can wait for the forthcoming remake.
The next most influential one was 10. It was a real evolution over the PS1 and SNES titles, I believe. I feel like it ushered in the modern era of FF.
10-2 has a fun wardrobe based job system of battle which is quite fun but the story is cringeworthy to say the least.
12 is probably the most divisive because of the more forgettable characters and the gambit battle system. Personally it might actually be my favorite. The gambit system is basically a predetermined set of battle orders to your team, kind of like building a program, and if you do it well then you just sit back the team fights on its own. Some feel this is boring, but I found it very fun because although you’re not as involved real time, you still control what happens based on how well you set up your gambits.
FF8 is more universally loved and also some people’s favorite. The characters and story are better than 12 and comparable to 10 imo, but I think the battle system (junctions) was less enjoyable. Most people like it though.
If your goal is to try to keep it fresh then I would alternate between older and newer titles. So maybe after finishing 9, go 12 or 10 next, then 13 or 15, then 6, 7 or 8 then go back for the others while leaving 10-2, 13-2, and 13-3 for the end.
So I would go: 9, 12, 15, 8, 10, 13, 6, 10-2, 13-2, 13-3.
Or 9, 10, 13, 6, 12, 15, 8, 10-2, 13-2, 13-3.
And if FF7 remake releases anywhere during that timeline, abort all games and play it right away.
Honestly it probably doesn’t matter because they are all so different in how they play and unique in their stories, worlds, and characters. Doing them in chronological order would probably be fine too.
Sorry about the long reply, but it was fun for me to think back on all the final fantasy games.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy Sounds interesting. I'll keep that in mind once I get the itch to play a Final Fantasy again. Not played the games before, but I know of most of those names just from Kingdom Hearts (Don't think Seymour was in it...).

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic