Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 3,698

themcnoisy

Im at a crazy junction.

Do I go buy the Final Fantasy 4 complete edition? Or spend my fiver on something else? Its cheap in the sale on vita.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 That looks great, is it in the sale?

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 thanks mate have a great xmas.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD sorry Kratos totally ignored you there bro sorry. Ive played a poor version of 4 on an emulator. But it was a different number (I think ff2 but it wasnt ff2 of that makes sense). Must have been a knock off. Theres a completely revamped version on the store for vita so depending on what happens at xmas I will drop a few quid on it.

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 that's OK in the UK the first FF we got was FF7 and it was still called FF7 so it was REALLY confusing

so confusing in fact that the issue of Official PlayStation Magazine FFVII was first shown in had to explain what the hell was going on

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

OH and to everyone one here on the Final Fantasy thread

Untitled

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I thought that happened with ff6 which was called ff3 on the snes.

@FullbringIchigo I wouldnt mind looking at that article. Happy xmas mate.

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 europe maybe but NOT the UK, when it comes to things like game or film/TV releases we have always been separate to europe even though we get the same versions of the things they do

case in point the UK never got Star Wars the Clone Wars Lost Missions even though europe did

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 FF 1 through 6 wasn't released in the UK until the PS1 releases of FF1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 and the DS release of FF3 and there was a release of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest BUT it DIDN'T use the Final Fantasy title in the UK release (it was just called Mystic Quest here) but it did in europe

like i said we may be the same territory as europe (PAL/Region 2) but the UK always had separate releases due to the UK having it's own rights and distribution laws

i guess it's one of those few things the UK leaving europe WONT change much as it was always that way for us

but yes FFVII WAS our first FF release unless you count Mystic Quest but as i said that didn't carry the FF title here

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 same here actually although my older brother had Nintendo systems so i still played them and i ended up with them when he grew tired of them ^_^

DerMeister

I decided to start Type-0 HD on New Year's day. I've got some gripes, but so far I think it's a good spinoff. It takes me back to playing Crisis Core on PSP back in middle school.

I know I'm still early in, but I want to know you guys thought of it. It's not a title I see get discussed often (though since XV was on the horizon, I understand why).

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister I totally enjoyed Type-0. The combat had a really satisfying flow to it. The story builds up nicely and the last section is classic Final Fantasy goodness. Queen for the win!!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic