Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,454

nessisonett

@Ralizah Hahahaha, yeah not quite a massive wall, more like a wee person who checks your temperature at the border. The public are already flocking to the beaches and acting generally stupid so I’d expect to see a second wave over here too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@Ralizah The major issue with the west is you have unelected business owners and investors lobbying the government on the premise of funding for the party. This has always happened - however the sums of dough in recent times are ridiculous. Which in turn has led to a cycle of business promoted good news stories about the need to reopen from the media sponsored by the same business owners and investors coupled with current conservative* ideology - money first, life a distant second.

I said it a long long time ago. You can't faff around with LockDown, you do it properly or you don't. Not doing it properly has wasted the limited time we had, the governments have to be held to account as they massively messed up. Viruses happen all throughout our history, it will happen again and lessons need to be learnt.

But when you have people in charge who don't learn the lessons of history prioritising personal gain over time served relationships, ethics, strategies and common sense you end up here. In a pseudo argument about masks which is pathetic.

The places where the virus is exploding should be locked down not out at work.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy We’ve had no deaths for a few days now but after seeing the queues outside Primark, I expect that to get worse. Nobody really needs cheap socks and T-shirts that desperately, do they?

belmont

To be honest I got used to the mask. I wear in Public Transport and in the office in case of a 3+ people meeting. Good that I still find them in local markets for 0.5 Euro each

belmont

nessisonett

Well people, humanity’s reached rock bottom. As D:Ream say, the only way is up!

Untitled

nessisonett

Masks are now mandatory as of tomorrow here, they’re bloody uncomfortable. Not sure what difference it’ll make and why they weren’t mandatory months ago but whatever, I don’t want to get fined like £60.

nessisonett

@Arugula Every time I see 100 degree heat, I picture someone melting inside a kettle. Fahrenheit is weird 😂😂

nessisonett

@Arugula Oof, it’s tough enough here when it breaks 30 once in a blue moon. I’ll take wet and windy over the Sahara Desert any day!

AshM

I too have asthma and i was original advised by my doctor not to wear a mask. It is now compulsory in Scotland to wear one as @Nessisonett said if we don't we get a £60 fine. When you see people you care about dying from this virus surely it isn't that much of a big deal to wear a mask even if it is restrictive and uncomfortable.

AshM

nessisonett

@AshM Yeah, you’re spot on, it might be a bloody pain but I still have family shielding who haven’t left the house since March so if me wearing a mask can speed up their eventual release then I’m ok with that.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Go look at the replies for the "no mask, no ride" tweet Uber sent out recently.

I'm not a violent person, but I also don't know that I'd trust myself with an Infinity Gauntlet right now. America is going to be suffering 100x more than most of the European countries that got the virus under control because of these worm-brained idiots and our COMPLETE lack of leadership on a federal level.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I have no words. “Make your drivers speak English first”? “My body, my rules”? And then this ‘gem’.
Untitled

kyleforrester87

Thought I'd go and read through this topic, and I'll say this... we're all idiots and we should shut up and stick to what we know, and that's video games.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

mookysam

@nessisonett I'm honestly not surprised. People are deeply, deeply stupid. How about "the driver might not want to have racist morons that are failing to wear masks in their vehicle"?

@Ralizah The East Asian one also brings to mind the comfort women of occupied Korea. It's no coincidence. Masks are stopping them breathing in God's beautiful air!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Sorry, this topic has been locked.