Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 4,206

Ralizah

@RogerRoger This sort of thing is why I'm glad digital distribution exists. My copy of Pokemon was ready to go at midnight.

I do hope Fallen Order does well, though. It's the one EA game in years that I've actually been half-way interested in. Curious to hear your thoughts on it!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Blimey, can you imagine if they monetised Pokémon at some point? Spending real money on bundles of blind pokéballs (in standard red, premium silver and elite gold colours) which contain various tiers of pocket monsters, most of which turn out to be duplicates of a common, base-level Magikarp. We shouldn't joke, as that's probably next year's big release!

@Ralizah Thanks; I'm keeping the Jedi: Fallen Order topic spoiler-free but I'm also writing a lot, so probably best to wait for a summary (especially since, in the space of a single day, I've gone from "this is awesome" to "this is mediocre and lame" to "this is awesome" again).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Pokémon Go @RogerRoger?

Plenty of microtransactions there.. Like extra pokémon egg incubators and other junk (Never played it mind but I definitely know it makes ridiculous bank... nothing lootboxy though like you're suggesting) 😅

There's also Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Rumble World, Magikarp Jump & Pokémon Quest that are free to play...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think Nintendo Life would melt if that were to happen.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I was worried somebody would come along and say "...but Rog, that's already a thing!" Welcome to the state of modern gaming, I guess!

@JohnnyShoulder I thought it had already melted when they cut half the pokédex...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Some retailers have already started while others start on Monday in the UK. The European PS store already has some deals up.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

I feel Black Friday is a tad overrated, as I tend to find as good deals (if not better) throughout the year.

But that's a good deal for RE2 @KratosMD

I'll probably be buying something this week, as I have been completing a lot lately and near some other platinum trophies as well.

I'll probably let the deals decide what I'll play next.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried yeah same here, in the past I've found some good deals just before and after black Friday. There is usually the odd good deal here and there, and usually on stuff I already own or not interested in.

@KratosMD I tend to go for whatever is cheaper whether that is physical or digital. For instance I would be surprised you can find Spider-Man cheaper than it currently is on the ps store. Good luck in finding Days Gone for that price, I've not seen it under 30 quid on these shores!

Tasuki

@Kidfried Yeah I feel.the same. The last couple of years Black Friday rolled around and most of the games I wanted I got already through out the year during sales, especially like the E3 sales places like Amazon tend to do. I occasionally find a good deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday but not like I use to at least when it comes to gaming.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Blimey, that's quite a haul, but I don't blame you at those prices. Congratulations on securing everything there (particularly the last copy of Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, nicely done)!

I'm with @Kidfried on the importance of Black Friday (or nowadays, the fortnight either side of it) in that there are near-constant sales on throughout the year, especially for digital games via the PS Store. As such, I doubt I'll be rushing to buy any games. I will be braving a nearby shopping centre on the day itself, but only because of LEGO, curse them!

But in parts of the world where it remains "the" sale, well... best of luck to everybody hunting for deals!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yikes, didn't The Witcher 3 just come out on Switch? That's a ridiculous price!

And your quick thinking on Catherine is wise. Better to have on standby than not and then really, really wanna play it at some point down the line (whilst vaguely remembering it was once super-cheap in a sale). The amount of games I've ended up having to purchase, after being "not interested" in them when they were free with PS Plus... yeah, there's a fair chunk of cash gone, right there!

Hope you enjoy all of your new games (and tell us all about them, telepathically via the internet chips in our brains, when you finally get around to playing them on a PlayStation7 in the year 2038)!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I only know surface-level details about Catherine, but I'd reckon it's got more of a chance being in your wheelhouse than mine!

The Metro games are supposedly very good, yeah. Fingers crossed for the Ubisoft deals!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@KratosMD Wow, what a nice haul!

Yeah, I’m laying low for Black week right now. My backlog is big enough and I’d rather purchase 2 or 3 new releases like Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, or Outer Worlds next. I’ll see if any of those go on sale, but I don’t think so. In about 4 months, things get really hairy again with FF7R and then Cyberpunk, so I’m trying to pace myself.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Outer Worlds is in the PS store sale in the UK. Not sure if it is in the USA.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Sure enough, looks like it’s 25% off. It’s the kind of game I would usually prefer to have physically though. I usually buy digital when it’s a smaller game like an indie, or when the discount is steep - like 50% or so. But that’s a decent price for how new the game is.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@KratosMD That's it, you've had enough. Somebody should cut you off.

In all seriousness, I can speak to Team Sonic Racing being a nice distraction for a week; should be the perfect palette-cleanser between a couple of those big, serious shooters you've just grabbed. Let us know how bad Wolfenstein: Youngblood actually is, please? Launch reviews made it sound dire but, in the age of the post-release patch, nothing stays the same for very long nowadays.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, I’ve dialed it back this year because I bought a lot of games in 2018 that I haven’t played yet. I set a 2019 goal to keep my game Completion:Purchase ratio at 3:1 and I’ve been keeping pretty close to that. These sales really test my mettle though.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Phew. My OCD thanks you. Yesterday you'd called it a day at thirteen games but, now that you've added in two more, I can rest easy!

Hope you enjoy Just Cause 4, particularly now that it's been stabilised post-launch (and I'd highly recommend deactivating its HDR, if applicable). You're right about overreaction whenever franchises try new things; I think a lot of the complaints levelled at Wolfenstein: Youngblood will be proven temporary. Makes me wonder why anybody bothers reviewing things at launch nowadays!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD The gameplay in Just Cause 4 is all there, but its graphical performance at launch was a nightmare. In an effort to avoid some of the game-breaking bugs from Just Cause 3 (which I never suffered, thankfully) they downgraded the visuals to almost PS3 levels in some places. It's much better than it was, but there'll still be occasional moments where it looks like a budget release. Cracking gameplay, though. Some of the missions are really memorable.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I've not seen much to tempt me so far. I'm surprised there haven't been any big PSVR deals as there were some great ones last year which almost tempted me.

That said, I've had my eye on Ace Combat for a while and that's £25 on PSN (cheaper physically on Amazon) but I watched the trailer and what sort of nonsense is that story?? I know @KALofKRYPTON enjoyed it so is it worth the plunge?

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic