Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 4,199

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried That's disgusting behaviour. A fairy has died because of @Th3solution.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried Bwahaha! You caught me. Ah well, no matter. That fairy needed to die anyways. If we don’t combat the fairy overpopulation crisis then we’re all doomed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

When I was at school, a teacher told us of the urban myth that if you thank somebody for saying "bless you" (or equivalent) after you sneeze, a fairy dies on the Isle of Wight.

Problem is, this teacher had a regional accent and I thought he said "ferry". Suddenly I had Titanic-esque visions of people on day trips across to the Isle of Wight, cursing the polite populace of the UK as their ferry was swallowed by the sea.

So take heart, @Th3solution because your crime could be far, far worse than killing Tinkerbell.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Hmm, I was told it would welcome the devil. But then my school did also ban Halloween and later Harry Potter because they felt they promoted the occult. :-/

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

Last night I had a nose around the PS Store and ended up grabbing ABZÛ and Burnout Paradise Remastered, both for under a tenner (the latter was in the PS Plus sale for £8.99 whilst the former has a general discount down to £7.99).

Both were games I thought "someday, when they're cheap" so yesterday became someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Abzu is a nice diversion when you need something different and relaxing. It’s enjoyable in its own way, as long as you know what to expect. What I remember the most about it is the fantastic musical score. Very lovely music in concert with the visuals.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Good to know, thanks. I saw the soundtrack available on PSN, but won't grab it until I've actually played the game. Which is apparently only a couple hours long so I'm gonna save it until next week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday, as a palette-cleanser ahead of Jedi: Fallen Order.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Did you play Journey and/or Flower? Abzu does it’s own things creatively and of course the setting is unique, but they’re in the ballpark.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution No, never played them. Kinda never wanted to, if I'm honest, which is weird as I'm attracted to the idea of them. If I have a good time underwater (which is the concept that reeled me in, if you'll pardon the pun, as I love diving and sea life and whatnot) then I might check them out.

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

Just bought Death Stranding and have it downloading now, used a certain website to get PSN credit cheaper so managed to get both this and Star Wars Jedi Outcast for the same price as just the former. Speaking of Jedi Outcast, I used to have this back on the Gamecube so I'm pretty pleased to have it again

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Hope you enjoy Jedi Outcast. It's a bare-bones port (hence the cheap price) but it sounds like nostalgia will carry you through to the end.

That isn't to say that I don't hope you enjoy Death Stranding, by the way!

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger haha I'm sure I'll enjoy both, I'm more than happy to play retro games with little or no enhancements and it'll tide me over until I can get the new game

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

Literally just picked up Star War Fallen Order from Tesco, with a few more people behind me doing the same thing. Bed time now whilst it installs

RogerRoger

My local GAME had a queue nearly out the door this morning, when they opened at 0930 hrs. (no midnight opening for us, bah). It took me fifteen minutes to reach the checkout. Whilst I got a general sense of the crowd's composition, I was still curious when I got there.

"How much of this is Star Wars," I asked, "and how much is Pokémon?"

"Don't be ridiculous," the assistant laughed. "You're the first person in here for Star Wars. I've no idea where we're keeping your game. Give me a second."

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Oh darn, that's quite a nice little set @RogerRoger

And never underestimate the power of Pokémon!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I definitely won't now!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles I saw one Jedi: Fallen Order bus. Just one.

Just goes to show, gaming is pretty huge and diverse. I had barely any recognition of Pokémon being a thing today, because I generally just come here (a PlayStation forum) and don't tend to read general gaming sites. It was quite a shock walking in to GAME this morning!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Wait.. what is this Pokémon of which you speak? Never heard of it. Is it a new looter-shooter? 😜

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic