Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 4,206

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho Ace Combat 7 is a great game! If you've played some of the mid-late series entries from the PS2, more of that - just astonishingly good looking, sounding and feeling.
Story-wise, well - it's Ace Combat, so yes, mostly still alt universe nonsense that creates a nice enough but ultimately shallow backbone to latch the missions on to.

There are plenty of planes and weapons and upgrades to unlock and you'll soon set yourself up a few preferred load outs.

Online was great too - but as with a lot of things, hammering that quite a lot drew me away from the story and I moved on.

I'd say that if you've been interested enough to have had your eye on it for a while, 25 notes is well worth it.

I put a bunch of screenshots up earlier in the year in the screenshot thread if you want to have a look. Not sure what page though 😜

EDIT: Page 42

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Have you tried licking the steelbook? Its an acquired taste but you soon get used to it.

As for Catherine, I will be interested to read your thoughts on it as I've kinda been semi interested in the game but not enough to take the plunge and buy it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@KALofKRYPTON I remember there being quite a few screenshots earlier in the year!

I never played earlier games in the series and so the story on the trailer seemed a bit of a surprise to me. The only similar game I think I ever played was a weird PS2 game Secret Weapons Over Normandy, based in WW2 (and weirdly playing as an American pilot in the RAF).

Thrillho

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho The alt universe Ace Combat's (there are a couple of 'real world' set ones) always tend to make the stories rather reminiscent of pretty standard anime fodder; high stakes and a smattering of character tropes. There's nothing there that'll confuse you or require you have played previous entries though.

If you've access to a PS2/BC PS3 then you could easily pick up Ace Combats 4, 5 or Zero, or 6 for the 360 for not a lot of money to see what it's all about.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

Just bought a new Ds4 for 30 quid and Metro Exodus for 18 quid from Shopto. The latter is for my dad, I've actually seen for 12 quid at Argos but they don't deliver to either my home or work address and there is no store near me anymore that I can collect it from.

I will probably get Assassin's Creed Odyssey for my Dad as well, it's about 15 quid on Amazon and may also get Bloodstained which is about 19 quid from amazon.

Oh and I will defo get the season pass for Spider-Man off the PS Store.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FalconIX

My latest purchase was last night. I bought Need For Speed Heat (699ZAR) and Call Of Duty (750ZAR)

Edited on by FalconIX

FalconIX

PSN: Siege_FalconIX

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD The newer scheme is better, but it doesn't really change the feel of the game.

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD I hope you get comfortable with it. It is a great game.

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD I haven't played them, but they're well regarded and a few friends I have really rate them.

I haven't played a LOTR game since the Two Towers PS2 game. That was great!

Kidfried

Tetris Effect, finally!

Kidfried

R1spam

Bought ac odyssey, spiderman and horizon complete edition for £42 quid from argos, so many points of interest to unlock by climbing!!

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Nice! Hope you enjoy!

@R1spam Wow, yeah, two of those three games have a very real danger of blending together! Here's hoping they don't have identical-but-one control schemes!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Bought some indie game called "God of War" in the sale. I think it's autobiographical. You're a lumberjack named Kratos who reconnects with his son after the death of his wife. Should be interesting.

@Kidfried Oh man, you're in for a treat. I hear it's especially mind-boggling in VR, although, even in 2D I still found it to hypnotic and gorgeous.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah You make it sound like an actual indie.

And yes, can't wait to play Tetris Effect next week (I'm on a trip right now). You'll probably hear me gushing about it then. I've played the demo last year, and I remember declaring it one of my favorite games of 2018.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Even I couldn't resist some Black Friday Spending (Though I'll not get round to them for a while... I'll have an actual backlog!)

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition for £14.95 & Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night for £17.95

Might get Soul Calibur VI before the deals are over too as I doubt it'll get a definitive edition from Bandai Namco anytime soon ... And I suppose I can't put off Dark Souls Remastered any longer either...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I think you need to stop with the buying games now. Or see a doctor about it lol.

HallowMoonshadow

Good lord @KratosMD after looking through the thread (and you haul in the chitchat thread) you've pretty much bought the entire year in gaming haven't you? 😂

Played Shadow Of War earlier in the year myself (I played Mordor a few years back)

It was pretty fun for the first five hours but... I stopped about twenty or so hours in though with no desire to go back to it

The story was pretty bad (I do love a bit of Tolkien myself though) but Talion is just THE most boring protagonist I've had the (dis)pleasure of playing as. You could replace him with a plank of wood and I'd think the wood would have a better chance emoting...

I did enjoy the nemesis system and the orcs though... But it just wasn't enough to carry the game for me (I think I played through Mordor in a bit of a gaming drought)... Hopefully you'll enjoy them better though!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Kidfried Between Tetris Effect (the most spectacular Tetris game ever made by a country mile), Puyo Puyo Tetris (never thought a Tetris game would have a reasonably long and involved story mode, but here we are), and Tetris 99 (a cool battle royale spin on the concept with neat, Nintendo-themed tie-in events that reward the most talented players with eshop money), it has been an excellent generation to be a Tetris fan.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

Bought some indie game called "God of War" in the sale. I think it's autobiographical. You're a lumberjack named Kratos who reconnects with his son after the death of his wife. Should be interesting.

... Oh you kidder @Ralizah

I look forward to hearing your take on it when you do get round to it!

You buy what you gotta buy @KratosMD! I think you'll be good for the next three years or so though lol

I know you're a stickler for an RPG Kratos too... There is actually a turn based Lord Of The Rings rpg on PS2 called Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age

It basically follows the films with a suspisciously similar cast following after the Fellowship (EA only had the license to make games based on the movies so... they kinda cheated with this, having a character popping up from the films every now and again) ... It's... actually pretty decent for the most part though, taking the combat system from FF X

Dunno how much of a retro player you are but it's worth a look if you can... I got a copy a few years back for the lump sum of a single penny (And £2 shipping)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic