Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 4,206

AdamantiumClaws

Spiderman! Got it tonight. But still in the middle of Kingdom Hearts II so I might have to wait. I'm thinking of giving myself a sneak preview tomorrow. Waiting til then because servers are gonna be going crazy with downloads right now.

Even the rocks do not recall.

SuperJoon

beemo wrote:

I don't think rentals count (Spiderman) so it would be Strange Brigade. Completed yesterday and it was merely OK. With friends, great. Alone, just no.

This was my feeling of it as well. Blast with friends, on my own. Didn't really grab me for some reason. Definitely designed for co-op/MP

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Like most people here Spider-man is my latest purchase. Although I have yet to play it since I was checking out the Battlefield V beta the past few days.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

Forgive the terrible lighting, but...

Untitled

Won't be starting it until tomorrow morning, though, as this afternoon I have to attend a memorial service (an odd rollercoaster of emotions, today).

Also, one of the few examples of the regular edition having better cover art.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Good luck, R2. My condolences. (Also, I think both cover arts look amazing.)

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Are you shining your new torch on it?

***That blacked out bit is in grossly poor taste, it could make you smile or laugh, though that totally depends on your state of mind and even the nature of the memorial service. But I usually find a giggle on such occasions is helpful - absolutely no offence intended.

Also, condolences... Also, insert well meaning but wholly inappropriate 'tomb raiding' joke here.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BAMozzy

Obviously my latest PS purchase was Spider-Man but also purchased the 'Croft' Edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider but that was the Xbox version...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

ApostateMage

I bought Life Is Strange: Before The Storm and I think it's better than the original game. I love Chloe in this and I honestly prefer her voice in this game over Ashly Burch's. Also, the tabletop D&D scene is just awesome.

ApostateMage

Kidfried

@ApostateMage That's so funny, I like BtS a lot too, but I don't agree with the rest of your comment at all.

I think about Ashley Burch pretty much every line, as I miss her a lot in this game. She delivered Chloe's lines in a much stronger way, in my opinion.

And the tabletop scene felt pretty abundant to me, forced even. With respect for everyone who enjoyed that a lot, it just screamed "look at how nerdy we are" to me.

Gripes aside I love the music a lot in this game and also the way in which it portrats this teenage angst. Of course, you can roll your eyes at it, and I do it all the time. But it also remembers me a lot of my own teenage years, at which I can roll eyes at just as much. I think that's kind of the point, which I dig.

Kidfried

ApostateMage

@Kidfried Maybe it's because it's recent in memory or maybe because being the main character she has a lot more dialogue but I think Rhianna DeVries does a top job of voicing a younger Chloe and she seems to express a wider range of emotions compared to Ashly Burch's (the scenes with her father for example).

That tabletop game scene, I know it was cliche and stereotypical but it did make me smile. I just loved how tough chic Chloe totally got into her nerd role while playing it then dissed them for being nerds after it.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

@RogerRoger Good luck, R2.

Untitled

Thanks to you and @KALofKRYPTON for earlier (don't worry, there were no tombs to raid; more of an "anonymous star on the wall" kinda deal... and besides, I can never be offended by something that's meant in good spirits, so it's all fine and am grateful for your attempt to make me smile).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@ApostateMage @Kidfried I agree that I much preferred Ashley Burch at first, but by episode 3 DeVries had grown on me.
As for the table top scene, I thought it was pretty cool. It kinda showed Chloe’s softer side. There is a lot of jumping around in Chloe’s response to situations — sometimes she’s all angsty and “Ef the world” and antiestablishment. Then she’s vulnerable and naive and lonely (especially when you read the journal notes she writes to Max. Pretty sad actually). Then she is nerdy, then then is a punk, and then she is all conscientious, etc, etc, etc. At times the jumping around of her emotional state seems forced, but you know, for her age and situation, that’s about right. I’ve never been a 16 year old girl before, but if I were, then I imagine that’s what it’s like.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm surprised that you've never been a 16 year old girl before. 😮

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Lol. Being a 16 year old boy is bad enough.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution @Apostatemage That's a nice way of explaining the table top scene. To me at first it made no sense at all, but having progressed further in the story since, I feel you're right. Being a troubled teen is all about who do you grow up to be? And I think being all over the place like that, exploring different sides of yourself and feeling not at ease in the process, was illustrated as well with the table top scene.

She likes playing with her 'nerd' friends, who seem to care for her and have a positive influence, but at the same time it's pretty clear that Chloe has way other things on her mind than them and doesn't quite 'fit' in.

I probably wasn't in the right mindset when playing that scene, I guess.

Kidfried

andreoni79

Project Cars 2
It took the whole night to download the 19 GB patch but it was worth the wait. The demo has 3 cars and 2 tracks and I spent a dozen hours with it; the base game has 180 cars and 60 tracks so I'll be a bit busy...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@Gamer83 Thank you for posting that picture, as you made me realise GAME had forgotten to give me my steelbook, art cards and bonus code on Wednesday!

Went back in today and they were most apologetic.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Just bought Monster Hunter World for 25 quid in the lastest PS store sale. It's about that price from some of my trusted online sites but I had some vouchers for my birthday, so didn't mind paying that price.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic