Forums

Topic: TOP 5 PS4 games

Posts 181 to 200 of 408

starhops

Subject to change on the whim of my fancy...

1. The Witcher 3 w/ DLCs Hearts of Stone, Blood & Wine
2. Bloodborne
3. Uncharted 1-4
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. The Last of Us Remastered

starhops

PSN: starhops

gcunit

I've only just acquired a PS4, so my list consists of the only 5 games I have:

1. Ratchet & Clank
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Flower
4. MGSV (unplayed)
5. Journey (unplayed)

I have an enormous backlog across many platforms, so it might take some time for me to make progress on the PS4 library. I'm mainly focusing on exclusives, as I have PC, Switch and Xbox1S as well.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Nei

New list:

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. The Witcher 3
3. Street Fighter V
4. Wipeout Omega
5. Persona 5

Starting Tekken 7 and Nier automata soon

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Octane

Tasuki wrote:

@gcunit If you are looking for exclusives I suggest InFamous Second Son. It's quite good and also cheap nowadays .

I second this. While you're at it, get yourself a copy of TLOU, Uncharted 1-4, Gravity Rush 1&2, Tearaway, The Last Guardian and Bloodborne too. The Witness and Hyper Light Drifter are amazing as well, but not exclusive.

Octane

gcunit

Octane wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@gcunit If you are looking for exclusives I suggest InFamous Second Son. It's quite good and also cheap nowadays .

I second this. While you're at it, get yourself a copy of TLOU, Uncharted 1-4, Gravity Rush 1&2, Tearaway, The Last Guardian and Bloodborne too. The Witness and Hyper Light Drifter are amazing as well, but not exclusive.

Cheers you two. I've ended up ordering the Uncharted 1-3 Collection, and will get 4 once I've played through them. I also have TLOU to play on my PS3 and suspect (but haven't researched) that the PS4 version isn't much different.

Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, and The Last Guardian are all on my list anyway, but I'm not familiar with Tearaway so I'll look that one up, thanks @Octane.

Infamous, I'll probably wait and see. I also have the first two unplayed in my PS3 collection and want to give them a try first.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Tasuki

I know it's been like a week but I felt that this needed to be updated.

Old List

1. Overwatch
2. Tekken 7
3. Borderlands Handsome Collection
4. Black Ops 3
5. Mafia 3

New List

1. Overwatch
2. The Crew
3. Tekken 7
4. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
5. Call of Duty: Blacks Ops III

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BigP

There's alot of games I've still not played on PS4, so many I need to buy and so many I actually need to finnish but here's my top 5 based on the amount I enjoyed them and how much I played them at the time... Probably will change as I need to get around to Horizon, The Witcher 3, UC3 UC4, Wolfenstein, Injustice 2,God of War 3 many more etc.

1. Fallout 4
2. DC Universe Online
3. For Honor
4. Battlefield 1
5. GTA V

Edited on by BigP

BigP

Gamer83

Old:
1. Yakuza 0
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Resident Evil VII: biohazard
4. Injustice 2
5. NieR: Automata

New:
1. Yakuza 0
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Resident Evil VII: biohazard
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Gamer83

themcnoisy

Old top 5

1) Rocket League
2) Yakuza Zero
3) Wipeout Omega
4) Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours
5) MGS V Phantom Pain / The Witness

New top 5 and my ultimate list

1) Rocket League
2) Yakuza Zero
3) Metal Gear Solid the phantom pain
4) The Last of us remastered
5) The Witness

With less and less time I cant see much replacing that list. Even sonic, nex, fez, gta 5, persona 5 or disgaea are all a distant 6th at best. But next horizons coming off the shelf!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

AdamNovice

Right now it would be:

5) Rocket League
4) Horizon Zero Dawn
3) The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
2) Bloodborne
1) Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

Old list:

Hyper Light Drifter
TLOU Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Inside

New list:

Hyper Light Drifter
TLOU Remastered
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

I was going to move Bloodborne up but to be honest, not sure I could choose between the top three.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

My old top 5...
1 The Witcher 3
2 The Witness
3 The Talos Principle
4 The Last of Us Remastered
5 Inside

My new top 5...
1 The Witcher 3
2 Horizon: Zero Dawn
3 The Witness
4 The Talos Principle
5 The Last of Us Remastered

Kidfried

StArHaMa

OK I have only managed to play these games
Super stardust u
Pes 2016
Streetfighter 5
MGS5: TPP
Killzone: SF

Bring in the love

dellyrascal

In no particular order, as its difficult enough already....

Fallout 4 (Sooo much to do)
Super Mega Baseball (still cannot stop playing it)
Seven Days To Die (Not popular but always return to it)
The Witness (Superb game and beautiful too)
Doom (unadulterated gory fun and great Gfx n soundtrack)

I stood there chattering in excitement, like a necrophile at a bus crash....

Twitter:

Tasuki

Old List

1. Overwatch
2. The Crew
3. Tekken 7
4. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
5. Call of Duty: Blacks Ops III

New List

1. Overwatch
2. MLB the Show 17
3. The Crew
4. Tekken 7
5. Borderlands the Handsome Collection

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Elodin

In no particular order:
Dark Souls 3
Witcher 3
Uncharted 4
Divinity original sin
MLB the show 16

Elodin

BAMozzy

Not sure if I have done a 'top 5' so can't do old/new. I also will keep my Top 5 to 'exclusives' because my Top 5 'games' could and maybe were played on the XB1 first - games like the Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for example. The Witcher 3 is probably my game of the generation so far. I am not saying my '2nd' run through was 'diminished' having played it to completion on XB1 first, but it did lose 'some' of the 'spactacle', scale and surprise. Same with Rise of the Tomb Raider although in both of these games, on my PS4 I bought the GotY and 20th Anniversary edition so was able to experience the DLC for the first time - Both of these would be very highly recommended and the Witcher 3 as my number 1.

Anyway, in no particular order
Uncharted 4 - A technical showcase of what the PS4 can do with the 'best' developers that Sony have. Maybe helped by the fact they build games specifically for PS, but they get so much out of the console, their attention to detail is astounding!!! Can't say it was the 'perfect' Uncharted game for me story wise and a few things didn't seem 'right' to me as a fan of the series - but those are minor 'nit-picks'.
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Another stunning game!!! Visually the world is incredible. Combat felt excellent too and I couldn't stop playing - even for a week or two after getting Platinum. Really looking forward to the upcoming (pre-ordered) DLC either. I do think the RPG elements are a little weak and the side quests were not too numerous. Also the facial animations were not quite as good as Uncharteds (not to say they were poor) and the story and Aloy's 'history' were predictable but again very minor nit-picks. GG's first foray into the 3rd Person Action RPG is astounding and I loved every minute.
The Last of Us: Remastered - Not a 'new' game but still an essential purchase. I know I have been critical of the predictable Story, the Characters (just not gelling but can still appreciate how well they are created etc) and certain game-play elements but its still a fantastic game and essential for any PS4 owner. Its still made with the same care and attention to detail we associate with ND
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Again not a 'new' game but it is a collection of my favourite PS3 games in one package. Not only has it been remastered but also offers 60fps and I think the definitive Uncharted 1-3. I know its missing the MP, but I am not bothered as I wasn't that keen - same with the above ND games - so I didn't miss that. I don't think I can put Uncharted 4 without having this collection too. Play these first!
Infamous - 2nd Son - It was a difficult decision to put this in. Its visually great, I enjoyed it and got the Platinum but I do think the PS3 Infamous games are better. I think what swayed me to pick this over some of the other choices, was the Pro HDR update and the fact I did get platiinum. I think First Light may have the edge though with 4k HDR because its mostly 'dark' and the 'Neon' works very well for HDR too. Its also free (currently) with PS+ so definitely pick this up.

Honorary shout-outs to
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - yet another ND game with the usual ND perfection and attention to detail - especially on a Pro with HDR. Not quite a 'full game' although its 'priced' accordingly and still around the same length as the first Uncharted - so its not exactly 'short' either.
Infamous: First Light - another stand alone game like Lost Legacy. Still good fun to play and looks great in HDR too.
Killzone: Shadowfall - GG's PS4 launch game that looked stunning - pity the story and MP were not quite as good as previous Killzone games but that still doesn't make it a bad game.
Ratchet and Clank - Had to include this. Another fun game and a 'guilty pleasure'. Also looked stunning in HDR too...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.