Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 5,748

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I used some online vids to give pointers for some of them as they could be quite tough. I seem to remember you unlock some pretty good weapons if you do complete them all too?

@carlos82 The GoW collectibles were a bit of a pain as there was no easy way of knowing exactly which collectible/crow you had missed in an area. And as most areas were quite linear anyway, I ended up almost having to replay areas to get everything.

Thrillho

carlos82

@Thrillho I've literally just finished God of War for the first time and am currently on 71% of the trophies. Seeing as my last 2 platinums are Horizon and Spiderman I many as well make it a hat trick of exclusives. Though I can see those crows and finding the last few artefacts to be a bit of a pain but I've completed Muspelheim and just need to do the Valkyries and that place with the mist. Might leave it for now to play a bit of Days Gone and have a rest but I cant wait for the sequel.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Thrillho

@carlos82 oh god, the misty place is so out of keeping with the rest of the game and is such a chore. It’s not so bad once you’ve got a bit of the gear but that was definitely the worst part of the game.

Those three games are all ones even I managed to platinum too!

—————————————————————

I’m currently trying to get the last few bits to get the Hollow Knight platinum and just have the “pantheons” to do which are runs of fighting bosses from the game back to back. There are rest points but die and it’s back to the beginning which can be as frustrating as you’d imagine..

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Th3solution My completion percentage for Horizon is somewhere around the same as yours. Anything above 60% is a value I tend to consider as "well-played" and so it's something I'm more than happy to live with for most games. There's just something about Horizon where I feel like I should get the platinum, if that makes sense?

@Thrillho Good tip, thanks. I think I'll end up doing that; whilst I try to avoid using YouTube, I'll admit to having done so once or twice (okay, thrice) for some of the specific challenges in Hitman 2 recently. I'm sure I'll find them easier with my post-game and post-DLC armour and weapons, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @RogerRoger I've got 75% completion for HZD, so quite chuffed with that as I too tend to veer away from any time based trials. I give em a go, but when it gets to a certain difficulty my anxiety gets the better of me and just move on to something else. I highly doubt if I ever go back to it either.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@carlos82 @RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder @Thrillho I struggled with a particular time challenge, you blow up barrels on dinosaurs backs to then pickup something and another you had to lure dinosaurs near log traps. Both of them sucked big time. The first one because the minute you took down a dinosaur every dinosaur in the world knew about it and the area went crazy. The second because the dinosaurs didn't go anywhere near the log traps.

It drove me that mad I started calling all the robots dinosaurs. Even the none dinosaur one.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

I'm on my way to platinum 42 with Burnout Paradise remastered. Unfortunately I've hit a glitch whilst trying to find every car park. No matter what I do and how often I visit them (I've checked a guide and video) it won't pop. So annoying. Once I'm done with the last licence I will wipe my save file to get the missing trophy

I know how I've done it too. By using a motorbike early doors and crashing the barriers away - one of the carparks won't register as found.

Simon_Fitzgerald

@themcnoisy Glitches with trophies preventing platinums are the worst, I've had a few games do it to me. One was Burnout Paradise Remastered as well with something not registering so I just gave up with it. I also had Fallout 4 glitch, not allowing me to get one of the endings so I also gave up with that too.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

carlos82

@themcnoisy yeah that's one of the early hunting grounds and I'd argue possibly the hardest or at least most frustrating. I had the same trouble first time and it kind of convinced me I wasn't going ot be able to do the others. At some point I returned and did it using the electric trip wires to stun them in place before releasing the logs but definitely tricky as the Grazers just run away from you. Pretty much every one after that is just combat based and with enemies that don't flee making them a fair bit easier and most I got full suns first time

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy That was the specific one, the log-trap one. It's all coming back to me now. I tried repeatedly to get the flippin' robo-raptors near the traps and they just wouldn't go where I wanted them to. That's where I gave up and moved on, I remember now.

Sounds like @carlos82 had exactly the same experience, but actually bothered to go back and persevere with the others. Something I'll keep in mind for the replay!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Splat

Platinum #57 Days Gone.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

johncalmc

I got the platinums in the Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5 dancing games.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc Sounds soul destroying. Without ever meeting you John one thing is for certain you have both persistence and the ability to see tasks through to the end.

Currently playing Pinball arcade which has a million Trophies it seems. The downside is they are mostly impossible. 0.1% is the norm for the vast majority.

Team Sonic Racing has failed to grab me this time. I'm quickly coming round to the idea of putting a big story driven game on to boost my trophy count.

johncalmc

@themcnoisy Honestly I really like the Persona music so it's not bad. The one for 4 is a bit much because it's got a full story mode. I preferred the other two with more dancing and then just some little vignettes for story.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Th3solution

@johncalmc I’m glad you enjoyed them. Yeah, the story mode in 4 does go on for a long stretch and I liked the more streamlined approach to 3 (haven’t played 5 yet but I assumed it’s a cut and paste of 3, which is fine by me). I just loved the characters in 4, including the new ones they brought in. Who would have thought pop idols would be all that interesting. And the dance instructor cracked me up. But yes, the story dragged a bit. Did you play on PS4 and if so how was it as far as any lag or timing issues?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

@Th3solution I played all three on PS4 and I didn't really notice much lag but then I'm not much of a rhythm game expert or anything. If there was lag it certainly wasn't bad enough to stop me. And yeah 5 is very much just 3 again but with a different cast and different tunes.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

I'm mildly peeved at the trophy list for Team Sonic Racing this morning.

Stayed up late working my way through the lion's share of the list, got to 90% and took a peek at what was outstanding. Back on PS3, I remember Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed getting some flack for having a trophy which said "win a race with four local friends" (many people either didn't have that many friends, or weren't comfortable inviting people round, or simply didn't have four DualShocks). I thought, because of said flack, they wouldn't do it again.

But they have. There's a bronze (bronze!!) trophy for winning a Team Race with local friends; that's three people and three DualShocks in the same room, playing on the same console. I can't let people into my apartment (thanks, anxiety) but even if I could, all my friends are spread out across the country. And I only have two DualShocks.

So that's that. I'll forever have 90% trophies because I know I can't get the platinum. It's really frustrating, especially after working so hard to ace all those bloody Daredevil events!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Are you able to borrow to dual shocks from someone? You can just choose their drivers etc and start the race, hopefully the trophy will then pop. Admittedly that is more effort than I would be willing to make for a trophy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Unfortunately, the trophy requires your team to win a race, and I can't control three characters at once (I can barely control one as it is).

But thanks for the idea! You're right, though, it's too much effort for a trophy. It's not like I'm a serious platinum hunter; just would've been nice, I've only got one top Sonic gong (for Generations). I can live with 90% (especially since it's a higher percentage than most anyway).

@redd214 Hmm, no. Can't see how it would but, again, thanks for the idea! If there is a way to "cheat" the trophy, I'm sure a guide will put it about.

That being said, however, there's a local multiplayer trophy for Star Wars: Racer Revenge which I've been able to cheat for years, as it's only two-player and doesn't require any input on the second controller, but I haven't gotten it and subsequently gotten 100% trophies because it feels dishonest. So chances are I'll just have to live with it, which is okay... heck, I've lived this long without the one from All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I'm feeling better after having somewhere to vent about it. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic