Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 5,748

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy I'm having a blast with it.
The T.Flight Hotas 4 arrived today, so even better now!

A mate who's had it since release said you can find Voyager 1, so that's definitely something I want to have a go at.

Still very much in the bubble, but quite unexpectedly got thrown out of FSD earlier after flying through a Thargoid wake!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON I stopped playing before the Thargoids came back. Logged in when the first sightings happened but by then I had moved on. Amazing game but when I played regularly there wasn't much to do, had to make our own fun through the frontier forums.

Tours stood out. I never accrued enough credits or took it seriously enough so I never fulfilled my ambitions.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

Got my 19th platinum today and my 2nd for 2019 — Persona 4 Dancing All Night.
What a fun game.
Story mode is remarkably fleshed out, and serves as a full blown follow up to Persona 4. The voice actors are all the same, and it’s great to have the crew together again. I’ve been talking about this game for several weeks, and so many of you have probably seen my comments about how goofy the whole story is, with the dance integration to fight off shadows nonsense, but I can ignore that because the characters are so lovable, the rhythm based gameplay is quite fun, and the music is that wonderful catchy persona melodies that never seem to get old.

The platinum run was middle of the road as far as difficulty. It wasn’t onerous by any stretch, but some of the songs were really tough on ‘hard’. The end was a grind for money to get the last items to clear out the “bought all accessories” trophy, so I found myself playing the same song that I knew well over and over to grind for money. I broke it up into two weekends so as not to drive me too batty. But when you’re so close — just a couple trophies away — it’s hard to give up then.
I’m going to move straight over to Persona 3 Dancing in Starlight which I got on sale on PSN for Vita and plan to hopefully platinum that too.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

Does anyone own the show 18?

Trying to snag the last remaining Trophies and need to be purposefully walked. Also does anyone have any advice on diving catches?

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution @johncalmc Both of those seem like a huge amount of work!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Nah, not really. In total, I think it took me in the neighborhood of 20 hours maybe.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution That's not too bad actually! have you picked up the PS/P5 Dancing... games yet?

@johncalmc Well if you're going to try and walk it in....

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON I picked up P3 Dancing in Moonlight (I mistakenly called it the “Dancing in Starlight” one in my previous post, but that’s the P5 dance game.) in a sale and already started it yesterday. It’s good, but so far the characters aren’t as endearing as P4’s so it doesn’t quite have the charm. The concept of why the team is dancing is more practical though, which I appreciate. The music isn’t as catchy as P4’s excellent soundtrack though. I still enjoy it and it does look like a very achievable platinum. The trophy list is essentially the same.
I’ve got to finish the base Persona 5 game before playing the associated Starlight dance game, but I hope to do that soon.

themcnoisy

Can anyone help with the intentional walk trophy on the show 2018 please?

Th3solution

@Frigate Wow, high praise indeed! Best 7/10 game on record, it would seem. 😉

johncalmc

@Th3solution So is those Persona dancing games good or what? I spied them in the Big In Japan sale and I quite like a rhythm game and I love Persona and nobody has released a Hatsune Miku game in ages and PaRappa the Rapper is retired so this seems like a good one.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Th3solution

@johncalmc Oh yeah, I’m loving them more than I thought I would. I’m halfway to the P3DIM platinum. P4DAN was probably a little better game because of the better overall characters and more intricate story mode, but P3DIM is probably an easier platinum and more streamlined game presentation. They are great diversion games to just play for an hour or two, or to binge on for a day. I bought P5DIS during the sale because I like them so much, even though I haven’t finished the Persona 5 base game yet. The dance games are actually sort of like sequels to the main game, so I think it will actually be motivation to go back and complete it so I can play the affiliated dance game. 😄

Of note - I’m playing on Vita, which feels great. On PS4 I have heard about some difficulty with lag since it is so timing based. I’m sure it’s fine, but the hard modes can be pretty tricky. On Vita I feel no lag issues, of course.

themcnoisy

@Frigate I loved the original Watchdogs at the time. Some of the things it was doing at the time was brand new to me. The amount of people in a scene, the fabrics on the clothes, moving a whole massive bridge in a mission etc. I was blown away and I was seeing 7/10s and stuff like that.

It's a graphical downgrade, the main character was boring etc etc. It was great - imo the last great single player none service game from Ubisoft. Sometimes you just see things in games other people don't want to see.

carlos82

Finally got the Platinum for Horizon Zero Dawn and 10th in all, absolutely fantastic game with open world combat that is a step above any other game I've played. The game looks amazing (some iffy facial animations aside), plays great and the main story is very good and overall one of the very best games this generation and only bettered in the exclusives department by God of War and possibly Uncharted 4.

Speaking of God of War, that for me is the game of this generation and I'm currently nearing the end of it and then chasing the platinum, with only the Valkyries and those bloody crows that I think may be an obstacle to that end

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Congratulations on the Horizon platinum. Despite my love for the game, I've yet to chase the top trophy and have been considering doing so when I come to replay it later this year. How tough would you say those final couple trophies (hunting grounds, weapons and skills, etc.) are to unlock?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger I wouldn't say that difficult, I actually had all the hunting grounds done shortly after first arriving at Meridian and that was probably the most difficult trophy but with end game armour I doubt it'd be too hard. My only tip would be very aggressive as the times limits are the only real obstacle and basically just ignore any machine that isn't part of the hunt. As for skills, you should be very close by the time you're level 50 and you get skill point rewards for completing the hunting grounds and some other side activities. I'll put it this way I maxed out the skills despite putting 9 points into the dlc skill tree but not actually completing a dlc quest and my last trophy was the main story one. Overall not too difficult and probably about on par with the Spiderman platinum

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Awesome, thanks for the details! I think it was the timed element to the Hunting Grounds that did me in the first time; that, and I tried a difficult one first, quite early on in the game, and then just wrote them off and never returned. I think I might be in with a shot when I return.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@carlos82 @RogerRoger Yeah, the Hunting Grounds trophies turned me off to any pursuit of the Horizon ZD platinum. I’m not very good at timed trials. So I have a 72% completion on the game and I’m fine with that.

On a separate unrelated note, I finally finished platinum #20 and the 3rd for 2019 - Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight. Clocked in at just over 14 hours. Less of a grind than the P4D platinum because with a little planning the final trophies are more about maxing combos and perfect notes, so they can be played on any song, which was nice to have the variety and not grind an easy song over and over like the last trophy for P4D.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic