Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 5,729

redd214

@RogerRoger from the FAQ

What is Share Play?

You can use Share Play to play with a friend as if you were in the same room. It allows you to invite a visitor to view your screen for up to 60 minutes a session. If you are stuck in a game or want the visitor to try a game, Share Play allows you to hand over your controller to a visitor so they can play instead. You can also invite your visitor to play a local multiplayer session over the internet even if the game does not support online multiplayer. The visitor does not need to own the game to use Share Play.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/get-help/help-library/apps-...

Now I've never used it myself but based on that description it seems it would help. However caps or at 2 people.

And looking at the trophy list I see a trophy for Completing a race with 3 people not winning it unless I am misunderstanding the trophy description. Based on this YT guide doesn't seem like winning is required.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I thought you were not into those types of games these days?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder since posting that yesterday my daughter kept me entertained until 10pm and my life is chocablock so it was a tad premature. We can all dream.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@redd214 Wow, thanks for doing all that research!

I'll keep it in mind, cheers. I do have a friend who has the game, and a friend who doesn't, so I'm sure there'd be a method in there somewhere. If I happen to inadvertently unlock the other trophies whilst I'm completing the last few Grand Prix races, and I'm on an odd percentage, I'll definitely give it a go.

Didn't know that about SharePlay either; I'd just been using it to stream Dragon Age to a curious friend, in hour-long chunks, as I didn't wanna make a Twitch account. Neat!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @redd214
i can confirm that Shareplay works a treat!
I haven't used it in a good long while, but my mate who lives in Australia and had pretty crappy internet access was able to try out Driveclub over Shareplay from my PS4.

Also - could you 'cheat' the trophy at all - limited number of AI for instance so that a 1, 2 finish would take the win?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

redd214

@RogerRoger hey man happy to help! I've been burned from getting a plat in the past for crazy mp requirements and know how frustrating it can be lol! Hope you get it worked out, you're so close!!

redd214

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Good to know!

As I said above, even if I could cheat the trophy, I don't think I'd want to (wretched morality). SharePlay is one thing, and a valid thing at that, but sitting down with two controllers on my lap, leaving a teammate at the start line for the whole race, would just feel wrong (and is why I don't have that trophy from Star Wars: Racer Revenge, because that's basically what you have to do for it if you're a loner).

You can't limit the number of drivers in a race, because it'd destroy the team mechanic. There are early story races with only two teams competing, but each team is still three racers.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@redd214 Ah, I sensed you had your own war stories!

If I manage to sort something out, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah...

I should have it delivered by the weekend and will probably see my daughter for a bit, who loved Transformed - so we may be able to help (though the weather is meant to be quite nice, so casually non-committal )

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Kind of you, but father / daughter time takes priority!

And besides, I'm always away at weekends.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger No worries.

Now I think about it - I'm not entirely sure it would work anyway; or at least - how to get two remote players in to your session for a 'local' game...

Th3solution

I was looking at the trophies for the PS Plus games coming tomorrow and noticed Sonic Mania has a paltry few trophies. Only two silvers and no golds or platinum! That’s pretty lame.
Borderlands The Handsome Collection appears to have 2 platinums, but I’ll never have the dedication to get either one. Does anyone know if the trophy lists are shared with the PS3 list? Or do each of the two BL games have their own trophy lists in PS4? I have BL2 on PS3 and Vita, and they share a list. If I get to earn the trophies again, I might just start over on PS4, but I doubt the list is separate since supposedly you can port your character progress from PS3 over to PS4 from the cloud. That would break the trophy list, wouldn’t it? Anyway, anyone know first hand how trophies and character transfer work for the PS4 version?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

@Th3solution the handsome collection trophy lists are indeed separate. If you import your character it does auto pop a number of trophies if I remember correctly.

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 Really? Wow, I may have to try that then. Thanks!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Areus

How Many people Here Consider Themself's Trophy Hunters of Some Kind

Areus

themcnoisy

@Areus everyone who's ever posted in this thread

I have recently platinumed Enigmatis. It was an easy but fun 8 hour platinum altogether. So I have started Enigmatis 2.

It's way worse with unnecessary bloat on the Trophies. Doable of course, especially with a guide but I refuse to use a guide on these games.

Gremio108

I missed this in the PS3 version, but this week I've been replaying Borderlands 2 and I got a trophy yesterday called 'Tribute to a Vault Hunter', for taking a weapon upgrade off an NPC.

Wondering what that was all about, I looked it up. Turns out there was a guy called Michael Mamaril, he was a huge fan of the first Borderlands game. He sadly died of cancer aged 22, and his friend got in touch with Gearbox and asked whether Michael could have a eulogy read out by Claptrap, his favourite Borderlands character. Not only did Gearbox oblige, but they also put him in the second game, as a randomly spawning NPC who gives you a free item whenever you are lucky enough to meet him, complete with his own trophy.

This is probably common knowledge but I only found out about it yesterday. I thought it was a nice story.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

redd214

Just got platinum number 72, played thru the Order 1886 finally. For all the middling reviews I came a way very impressed. Was a very fun 8 or so hours and I always appreciate an easy trophy list. Shame we will probably not see a sequel but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. I can see the validity of some of the complaints though, probably shouldn't have been $60 but happy I got to play it essentially for free!

redd214

Areus

@redd214 That games prb was it was to short with no extra content

Areus

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 yes I read up on that. Amazing inclusion in the game. Props to gearbox.

@redd214 The Order is fantastic. What the reviews mainly focused on was the price, short length, repeated sections and lack of content.

But as we like our Trophies and games you can bash over a couple of nights. It's fantastic! I quite liked the story but a few reviews bashed it which I can't comprehend.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic