Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 5,748

Th3solution

@DerMeister Awh man, I gotta play J & D then. I’ve got it sitting in my library. About how many hours did it take to platinum it?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Final Fantasy XII and Gravity Rush 2. I'm playing Dark Souls III next but I think I'll skip the platinum in that one because I'm not playing it multiple times.

johncalmc

Twitter:

DerMeister

@Th3solution My save clocks at 15 hours. Honestly though, if you know what you're doing, it shouldn't take more than 10.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@DerMeister Nice. 👍🏼 Even a Telltale game usually takes about 12 hrs to platinum. If J&D can be done in 10 hrs, that’s a high trophy/time ratio. Perfect.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just picked up my 19th platinum in South Park The Stick of Truth. Perfectly timed given The Fractured But Whole releases in less than an hour

This is the first time I've platinumed a game twice, although first time around it was on an old account.

Hopefully The Fractured But whole has an 'obtainable' platinum.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@booshy89 The collectibles are a nightmare. It took me 3 playthroughs to get the plat on PS3. This time around it took me 2 playthroughs. Would've done it in one had it not been for the missable chinpokomon on the spaceship. Game doesn't auto save collectibles. Got it first, lost to the boss, then forgot about it.

Give it a go! You can blitz through the game in 4 hours or so if you skip the cutscenes.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@booshy89 Well done! I got the Fractured but Whole platinum last week. Aside from one difficulty related trophy (Black, Mastermind) there are no missables.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Kidfried

@Fight_Teza_Fight I counted on you to earn the Token Experience. Good to hear the trophies are very doable, the collectibles were pretty annoying in SoT.

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried Yup, wouldn't play the game any other way . Just playing the game earns you most of the trophies. I only spent 3 hours chasing down the few trinkets I was missing, so definitely very doable.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Gremio108

So I'm driving into Manchester early this morning (that's Manchester, England, U.S. friends) when I find myself behind a Renault Clio with a sticker in the back advertising a company who I'm not going to name in case @Tasuki tells me off for advertising, but basically from what I can gather, you pay them to get trophies for you.
Clearly I'm in the wrong job! Was anyone else aware that companies like this exist, because I wasn't? Why would anyone pay to have someone get trophies for them, surely that defeats the object? Bragging rights I guess.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 No way! Never heard of such a thing. Are they hiring? I’m suddenly thinking about a career change 😜

But seriously, the concept is pretty ridiculous. It’s similar to the people who pay for followers on Instagram and Twitter and such. They are completely missing the point. Some people have more money than sense.

Gremio108

@Th3solution Haha, 'Are they hiring?' - exactly the thought I had at first, but then the more I thought about it, I can't imagine anything worse! Imagine having to platinum a game over and over again... Also, I'm not sure that the kind of person who'd pay for trophies is the sort of person I'd want to work for! They were charging £89.99 for the Bloodborne set (I googled them).
What I don't get is, how does it work? Do they come round to your house??

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Yeah, it does sound awful, actually. Usually getting the platinum represents playing the game past the point of actual enjoyment, and to do it multiple times? 😣 It would be torture for 90% of games. Can’t think of many I’d want to platinum over and over.
And I figure you’d have to give them your log in info in order for them to play on your account. That’s definitely not a wise decision either. The whole thing is just crazy.

Ashkorsair

@booshy89 armello was very enjoyable! It is better with friends but solo is not to bad.
If you do aim for platinum, friends are a must. Some trophies are so rng unfriendly otherwise.

Ashkorsair

Tasuki

@Gremio108 @Th3solution Things have been around like that for awhile now basically since last gen with the Xbox 360 and PS3. You basically give them your account and they get they trophies for you. Which is basically against Sony's ToS. Not only that but it's a good way to end up having you account stolen so we don't recommend it.

With that being said not really a topic that is allowed to be discussed here so let's just end it now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki I'm curious. What's the trophy you're most proud of earning? It doesn't have to be a platinum. For me it is my platinum trophy for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II which took me over 400 hours to earn. It's a pretty tough trophy, but ironically not my rarest trophy which happens to be a bronze one lol. xP

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Reanfan7 I know this may be a question specifically for @Tasuki, but it got me thinking, so I’ll share anyway. The trophies that come to mind that I’m probably most proud of include a couple from Persona 4 Golden — “Legend of Inaba” for maxing all social links and “Compulsive Reader” for reading all the books. Those took some effort and planning. Oh, and also “Unnatural Selection” for killing one of each animal species in Red Dead Redemption, and “They All Live” for making it to the end of Until Dawn with all 8 friends alive. That was tough.

But as far as trophies that don’t necessarily garner pride in achieving but just come to mind that were fun to get or clever — “Bacon!” for killing a Razorback with a Molotov cocktail in Rise of the Tomb Raider 😆, and “Your Prize” for climbing the tower and having a serene moment observing the view from the top of the Hoysala Empire in Uncharted Lost Legacy. 😌 Beautiful.

Edited on by Th3solution

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 Honestly I don't really have one if that makes sense. I don't go out of my way to earn trophies or achievements I just play the game normally and if I get them while playing the game great if not great too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

Well, against my better judgement, I finally platinum’ed Back to the Future. It was actually a pretty hard platinum for a Telltale game. I really enjoy mixing in Telltale games between my RPGs and epic sandbox games because they are so chill and one can just sit back and relax, enjoy the story, and the trophies fly in. I find them a nice diversion to mix things up. Since I like TWD, Batman, Tales of the Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, etc ... a worker at GameStop recommended BttF. Welp, It is the worst Telltale game I have played, for sure. Is it a bad game? Well, not totally, but I’ll refrain from leaving a review on this thread. But the significant thing is that all the Telltale games I’ve played up to this point had essentially an automatic platinum for playing all the story in each episode to completion, regardless of your decisions. BttF is definitely not like that. How you complete things makes a difference and although the story endpoint in each episode is predetermined no matter what dialog choices you make (like these games tend to be) only 1/2 of the trophies are automatic. The rest require doing things in a certain order, completing puzzles without making mistakes, and even interacting with objects that are non-essential to the story. I had to go back and play one episode twice to clean up some trophies. In the end, it became my 10th platinum, but definitely more “valuable” than your typical TT platinum.
Anyways, just a fair warning. If you’re a fan of the movie or of puzzle point and click games, you can try it out, but don’t be expecting the usual TT formula.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic