Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 5,748

Kidfried

What trophy are you most proud of? Today I earned the platinum for The Witness. Didn't expect to be skilled enough for the challenge, but somehow I made it. Very happy 'bout it!

Now only to make sense of the reward...

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried Hmmm probably my Bloodborne platinum. I didn't struggle too much with the main game- unlike Nioh which was brutal, but the defiled chalice dungeon kicked my arse.
50% health. Damage output,received & health recovery scaled down, but elemental damage stayed the same. Meant that bosses could one shot the player.
The 3 bosses took me almost 10 days to beat. More than once did I think about just quitting the game.

After that it was plain sailing to the platinum.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

@Fight_Teza_Fight I am playing Bloodborne now and nearing the end but I have found the bosses pretty punishing. Not sure I can face the chalice dungeons as well given how tough some of the bosses are there and go for the platinum. I might go back someday maybe!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Rudy_Manchego It's definitely punishing. The chalice dungeons start of very easy & get progressively harder. I imagine you'd clear most of them in a day if you are nearing the end.
The floor that I was stuck on had special conditions, but most are straight forward. I highly recommend giving them a go.

You could also always grind some levels & cheese it. This is a JRPG after all .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

Eh, Driveclub Bikes is probably the one I'm most proud of. I only have 3!! Not much of a trophy hunter haha.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ztpayne7

Wow. I'm so excited! Just got the plat for Rogue Legacy and that's probably the toughest and rarest plat I've gotten (only 0.8% have gotten it)! That thanatopia trophy...geez. And I didn't think I could beat the remix bosses but I finally did it.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7

@booshy89 practice and patience. I felt like I'd never platinum it until somewhere in my new game plus run. I tried the remix bosses and I just couldn't beat them. And then finally it just started clicking and I beat them all in one day.

Also, playing new game + really helps for thanatopia. Because you are used to outlandish enemies and traps. By the time you start over, you are much weaker, but so is everyone else and you have figured out the patterns. The bosses were much easier after practice and practice against the remix bosses. Except Herodotus. That was a pain but I figured out I needed to be more patient. Almost lost thanatopia on the final boss.

ztpayne7

0ld_boy

Latest Plat is Nier: Automata and I really enjoyed unlocking that one.
Usually I'm not so over[Z]ealous in trophy hunting.
Tho it is strangely addictive, much more than I like to admit...
Most proud I am for Valkyria Chronicles, truly one of my most fav video games and the 1st time around it didn't have trophies.
The hardest for me was probably Arkham Knight and that Brutality 101 was quite a piece of work

0ld_boy

vegeta11

I'm a little late on this but during the week I finished plat #41 Far Cry Primal (#8 for the year). I'm closing in on my 12 goal and I have both Darksiders Warmastered and Injutice 2 within striking distance. Although I think this weekend I'm going to finally snag the easy plat of playing through Batman TellTale since they announced season 2 starts next month and I haven't played through the first one yet. Also been back playing Skyrim, the first two hours were a struggle for me and caused me to put it down for months but now I'm actually enjoying it.

vegeta11

PSN: vegeta11

WiiWareWave

W00t! I earned the platinum trophy for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2! It's only my second platinum trophy thus-far.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Fooligan

I just got the platinum trophy for Nier Automata! Such a good game. I gave up my save to help others in need too. I needed A LOT of help myself, so I felt it was right to give back. If you see Fooligan (of course) when it's your turn to finish the game, that was me.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Nei

I finally got the platinum trophy for Persona 5! It was so time consuming ;_; I enjoyed the NG+ cause it let me follow the confidant stories I wasn't able to see the first time around, but doing the same palaces again, with how structured they are non in P5, was kind of a drag.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

Got the platinum in Aven Colony while I was reviewing it. Working on the platinum for Broken Sword 5 between bouts of Final Fantasy XIV (no platinum aspirations for that one).

johncalmc

Twitter:

WiiWareWave

Holy COW I FINALLY earned the trophy for beating Gabriel Celeste in Star Ocean: The Last Hope: International. He is SO much stronger than he was in SO1-3. I barely managed to beat him and ONLY because I focused all of my efforts on a single character's equipment to make that character almost completely immune to all of Gabe's attacks. It's one of my rarest trophies with under a 3% achievement rate.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

DerMeister

With Crash 3's platinum, I now have all the platinums for the N.Sane Trilogy, making my 15th, 16th, and 17th platinums.

I don't have the trophy for Stormy Ascent's relic, but I think I can live with that.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Quintumply

Don't normally post in this thread but I just thought I'd mention that Undertale has an extremely easy platinum. I don't think trophies should be your primary reason to play it (as it is a wonderful little game regardless) but if you're after an easy plat, Undertale will serve you well.

P.S. I now have four platinums, hooray!

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Quintumply Yeah I saw that you got the plat today and figured it must have been an easy one lol. How long did it take you to complete? I'm at about 120 minutes or something. Not sure how much there is to it.

It'll be my 4th too :')

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@Quintumply Good to hear I'll at least get some trophies out of it. I have to be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed so far by Undertale. I can't yet tell why it is so universally praised. I'm glad to get the trophies, but I may not go for the platinum if it doesn't start to pick up. (I'm about an hour into it)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Game will get better the farther you come. I remember the introduction to be a bore in comparison to latter gameplay.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic